Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    but still never really threatened Murphy in the Limerick goal. I don't think we had a shot on target for the whole game.
    Edit Clarke in goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    Edit Clarke in goal.
    Clarke yes, apologies. 3am probably wasn't the best time to be posting that.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Analysis of Limerick/Harps: http://bit.ly/2wyQ74U

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Pretty poor showing tonight in the Markets Field. Game was killed as a contest when McAleer stupidly got himself sent off. I thought Harps done well enough when down to ten men considering the man disadvantage but still never really threatened Clarke in the Limerick goal. I don't think we had a shot on target for the whole game.
    Seriously now but are harps fans happy the way Horgan has ye "playing"? I was always of the opinion that well at least he's keeping ye up by any means possible fair play to him, but how can anyone watch that crap? Harps have no interest in playing football.
    Would ye be better off getting relegated but by at least trying to play football (ya ya like Limerick in 2015 😃 ).
    Would ye be better off in the first division but at least be some bit enjoyable to watch??

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Harps play better football than Limerick.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    Seriously now but are harps fans happy the way Horgan has ye "playing"? I was always of the opinion that well at least he's keeping ye up by any means possible fair play to him, but how can anyone watch that crap? Harps have no interest in playing football.
    Would ye be better off getting relegated but by at least trying to play football (ya ya like Limerick in 2015 �� ).
    Would ye be better off in the first division but at least be some bit enjoyable to watch??
    Horgan seems to be doing a good job with limited resources. Very few teams in the world have the luxury of demanding (relative) success is achieved in a certain style, and Harps aren't one of them.

There aren't many fans in the world that would rather their team passed themselves into relegation than hoofed the ball to survival.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Are you basing Harps style off 70 minutes with ten men blueblood?
    I thought Harps passed the ball about quite well until McAleer was sent off. For the first 20 minutes, we were certainly the much better side.

For what it's worth, we all walked out of the ground in agreement that with 11 men we were never losing that game. Limerick are very poor and should have over-run Harps once we went down to 10 men but never took full advantage of the extra man.

Harps fans are generally very happy with the job Horgan is doing with extremely limited resources. If only we had the money of a side like Limerick.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Horgan seems to be doing a good job with limited resources. Very few teams in the world have the luxury of demanding (relative) success is achieved in a certain style, and Harps aren't one of them.

There aren't many fans in the world that would rather their team passed themselves into relegation than hoofed the ball to survival.
    I agree Hogan is doing the job that's expected of him but in general how can people be expected to pay to watch that, it's not only the football it's the delay tactics from kick off id nearly rather watch a game of rugby!!! it seems some Harps fans don't mind but others are starting to get sick of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I thought Harps passed the ball about quite well until McAleer was sent off. For the first 20 minutes, we were certainly the much better side.

For what it's worth, we all walked out of the ground in agreement that with 11 men we were never losing that game. Limerick are very poor and should have over-run Harps once we went down to 10 men but never took full advantage of the extra man.

Harps fans are generally very happy with the job Horgan is doing with extremely limited resources. If only we had the money of a side like Limerick.
    No I'm not basing it off last night alone I'm basing it off the last few seasons but ye obviously know more than me, fair enough if ye are happy I was only asking a genuine question.
    Nobody was clearly the better side for the first 20 both teams were muck and just to let you know Limerick have feck all money either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

For what it's worth, we all walked out of the ground in agreement that with 11 men we were never losing that game.
    Fair play to the 20 30 fans that travelled ye are die hards, the big test for both teams is on Friday tho!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

There was no one the better team the first 20 tbh and I dunno what ye saw to suggest there was no way ye were losing with 11. We aren't good enough to over run anyone at the minute we stayed patient and didn't try to rush into anything when ye were down to 10 and it worked. Definitely think you are flattering Harps a bit I'm your assessment. Not that we are any good but ye did very very little at any stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Hopefully next week Harps will try play football and force a good game to watch. It would be nice though if harps lads stopped throwing themselves on the ground every few minutes. Let's have a game of football please.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    For the first 20 minutes, we were certainly the much better side.
    Wouldn't agree with that at all.

Nothing of note had happened until that, both teams playing within themselves and nothing being created. It would probably have continued being a stalemate if he hadn't been sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    I agree Hogan is doing the job that's expected of him but in general how can people be expected to pay to watch that, it's not only the football it's the delay tactics from kick off id nearly rather watch a game of rugby!!!
    They are pretty bad at it alright, but it's up to the refs to stop them. I can complain about it, but if we are 1-0 up next Friday with 10 minutes to go, and under real pressure, and that kind of time-wasting (momentum-killing is what I'd call it, really) from Limerick represents our best chance of getting the points, I won't have any problem with it.
    Last edited by osarusan; 27/08/2017 at 7:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post

They are pretty bad at it alright, but it's up to the refs to stop them. I can complain about it, but if we are 1-0 up next Friday with 10 minutes to go, and under real pressure, and that kind of time-wasting (momentum-killing is what I'd call it, really) from Limerick represents our best chance of getting the points, I won't have any problem with it.
    I agree with you I have no problem teams doing it every so often but harps always seem to be at it, they were at it straight away the other night even before they had a player sent off, I know it's a tactic to upset the opposition but if I was a Harps fan I wouldn't be long getting annoyed either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Harps do what has to be done to get the best out of whatever situation it is, both homes games this season so far against em they have played the spoiler with the time wasting and that carry on but then above there they played us off the park.

What bothered me is how Buttimer handled it once or twice a Harps player throws themselves down for non head injury he let us play on then 10-15 passes later he stops the game and brings it back to Harps player who clearly isn't badly hurt or doesn't have a head injury just let us play the game ffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    This is a bit of an odd argument. I think when Harps got promoted a couple of seasons ago they had a reputation of being a team of hackers, I've no idea if that's true or not as I didn't see them but last season they were quite physical and did well to stay up.
    This season they have been much better, adding Paddy McCourt and Caolan McAleer in particular. They're obviously struggling of late and conceded 10 goals in 3 games before they played Cork last week. They've probably gone back to basics a bit and had 2 1-0 losses in the week. Neither were pretty but ask any Harps fan if they'd preferred to have won yesterday or get even a point next week and they'd all choose the latter.
    Limerick have hardly been Barcelona themselves since Kevin McDonald took over. Before Bohs was it 5 games without a goal?

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Harps play better football than Limerick.
    No they don't, they play a horrible brand of football. I've seen both sides twice against us his season, and I'll take a game of football against Limerick over a game of whatever the hell Harps play any time

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Limerick play a horrible brand of football. You probably prefer a game against Limerick because they are easier to beat.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I'm a purist - give me decent football over Finn Harps any day of the week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I've seen limerick twice and harps three times this season ,based on those matches there is little between them, with all fit I would say harps play better football but when they are short a couple they revert backwards

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast