Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1193

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    The fans who cost us money in fines for this stuff and pitch incursions are hurting the club. The front of the East stand is going to be meshed off against cork to try to stop this. Will they be happy when the FAI close the wast stand ?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The fans who cost us money in fines for this stuff and pitch incursions are hurting the club. The front of the East stand is going to be meshed off against cork to try to stop this. Will they be happy when the FAI close the wast stand ?
    The fans who have been involved in pitch invasions have typically being getting a soft ride from other their fellow club supporters, security staff and the clubs board. Heavy fines and sanctions like ground partial closures are what forces reality and stimulates action.

Rovers are not unique in their 'see no evil, hear no evil' approach

3. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I was shocked at the size of the fine more than anything tbh.
    I suppose i shouldn't be after the fine we got for the Palestine flags v Split but its getting ridiculous now.

Maybe the observer was looking over at half-time when Shams fans were looking to use the bogs at half-time or looking to leave the ground at full-time and just looking at the dying minutes of the match from the stairwell?Benefit of the doubt and common sense should be applied.
    The observers reports would be an interesting read.
    I don't have a problem with the stairway fines. They seem to be levied fairly across clubs and if, touch wood, something bad did happen those areas need to be free. It shouldn't cost the club much to ensure stewards and trained and available to ensure fans aren't blocking exits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    The fans who have been involved in pitch invasions have typically being getting a soft ride from other their fellow club supporters, security staff and the clubs board. Heavy fines and sanctions like ground partial closures are what forces reality and stimulates action.

Go away you spoofer, you have no idea what their fellow club supporters are saying to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Fans whove had to be removed from the pitch this year have actually been issued with bans from the ground but sure that doesnt suit your narrative so just ignore that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Fans whove had to be removed from the pitch this year have actually been issued with bans from the ground but sure that doesnt suit your narrative so just ignore that
    Are you seriously suggesting that Rovers have routinely issued bans to any supporter involved in a pitch invasion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post

Go away you spoofer, you have no idea what their fellow club supporters are saying to them.
    Rovers appear to be belatedly taking some action, probably because of the fines incurred and the threat of further more severe action by the FAI. As a result some supporters may now be starting to wake up to the negative financial consequences of the these regular pitch invasions.

For quite some time, the typical reaction among Rovers supporters on Social Media and message boards has been to minimise or defend this behaviour.

I have also witnessed outright hostility and aggression from many travelling Rovers fans towards stewards and security staff who tried to prevent these pitch invasions

I don't believe that the ostrich type attitude to this problem is unique to Rovers, but the problem is undoubtedly more pronounced than anywhere else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    BS the club have been banning those involved and have now gone a step further. Fans on social media defending other fans does not mean the club feel the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    You really need to start reading posts properly, he said "belatedly" and has acknowledged Rovers are taking some action. But let's not pretend that this has always been the case, if it was there would be very few Rovers fans left. He also acknowledges the fact that these problems are not isolated to Rovers but that seems to go over your head as you furiously smash your keyboard. Time for decent Rovers fans to acknowledge they have the largest element on numptys attached to their club and spend their time helping the club weed them out instead of attacking fans from other clubs who point out the elephant in the room

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I suspect they neither think not care about what impact their behaviour has on the club. If they did, they wouldn't do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Your right they don't have the brains to appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    You really need to start reading posts properly, he said "belatedly" and has acknowledged Rovers are taking some action. But let's not pretend that this has always been the case, if it was there would be very few Rovers fans left. He also acknowledges the fact that these problems are not isolated to Rovers but that seems to go over your head as you furiously smash your keyboard. Time for decent Rovers fans to acknowledge they have the largest element on numptys attached to their club and spend their time helping the club weed them out instead of attacking fans from other clubs who point out the elephant in the room
    I'm not banging my keyboard I'm reacting to someone criticizing the club for taking action "belatedly" when if they did nothing they would be criticized for doing nothing.....with some posters we can't win.
    Anyway hopefully our own collection of numpties will start to get the message.
    I suspect not somehow and it'll keep happening until they are all banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Story with Bradley at a LOI u-15 match today?
    Is he leading by example?
    BTW,i'm only asking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    No problem you dont generally display bod Shocking reffing but no excuse for either side. Real needle between Dublin clubs and kevins the slave traders. They aren't allowed enter next year's league unless they sign up with bohs so they aren't happy. Important for loi to take control of the best kids.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Important for loi to take control of the best kids.
    I wouldn't phrase it like that. It's giving them the best chance at the highest level possible in Ireland and giving them a clear pathway to senior level while not indoctrinating them into thinking it's England or bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Thats what i mean by taking control. Its as impirtant to educate the parents about how nuts it is to gamble their kids lives at 15 and that's easier if the kids are under the control of the Loi clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Loi clubs see 15 year old kids as potential first team players , the slave traders in kevins want to get 5 or 10k for selling the kid as an end game

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Story with Bradley at a LOI u-15 match today?
    Is he leading by example?
    BTW,i'm only asking
    I wouldn't listen to that twitter account at all seems to have a real dislike of rovers, if you scroll down they have a go at duffer for saying previous coaches have given his players bad habits of not playing the right way then scroll a bit further and theyve a go at coaches for not coaching teams to play football right themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    I wouldn't listen to that twitter account at all seems to have a real dislike of rovers, if you scroll down they have a go at duffer for saying previous coaches have given his players bad habits of not playing the right way then scroll a bit further and theyve a go at coaches for not coaching teams to play football right themselves.
    Are you saying that no Rovers staff were sent off?

21. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Are you saying that no Rovers staff were sent off?
    No but but what i am saying is theyre making it out to be a lot worse than it was when you compare what theyre saying to what other people who were there were saying that becomes pretty clear. For instance he says two members of staff were sent off, what he doesn't mention is they were just spectators at the game and according to other people that were there one was just a fan while the other was Bradley. Also according to people who were there it was far from "verbal abuse", ive heard the lino was asked a question with no voices even raised but i wasn't there so i dont know for sure. They also leave out that refereeing performance was apparently a complete shambles. They also dont point out that apparently it was a brilliant game of football with both teams playing the right way.
    So all that considered that account is the last place id go for an accurate account of what happened.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    That twitter account is constantly sniping at LOI clubs and making ridiculous statements with nothing to back it up.

This tweet reply which they RT'ed is fairly representative

Always with the "poor me", "think of the children" and patently false assertions like "we're proven to be hugely successful at this" type of ball axe

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast