Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.4 Million investment for FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    ger - I would have thought a lot of these reports should be largely generic?

Like a football club is a football club; there should be a lot of similarities across all 20 clubs. Take a starting point of lots of things a club should do, and for club-specific reports, just delete what's already been done.

A problem is I don't know if we know what a good 5-year strategic plan actually is. I'd say it should include plans for increasing non-matchday income, reducing debt (and associated repayments, which is a waste of cash-flow) and improving facilities partly with a view to reducing non-essential expenditure (like training ground hire costs, when a full facility could include training venues)

Before the report starts, other leagues in similar-sized countries should be investigated to see what they're doing that we're not.

You could look at community stuff, etc, as well, but I think that's somewhat secondary to the above.

That's obviously hugely generic, but I wouldn't have thought you'd be looking at 20 reports each being prepared from scratch.
    Depends on a few things Stu. Will the same consultancy firm be used for all clubs. Do the FAI get the Strategy created as one overall plan comprised of 20 sections, one per club which provided input into the plan. In other words the actual cost is €100k to produce but they equate that to €5k per club.

Doesn't actually read like that. The way it is worded, they are getting €5k to help create a Strategic Plan. That won't go very far at all. Even if it is the former combined approach, I've seen Advisory services fees for just Functional Areas' 5 Year Strategic Plans,start at close to 6 figures and up to €200,000+

Maybe they have a deal with whoever produced Conroy Report but based on experience, would be sceptical what may be produced at that price for 20 different clubs, who mostly have no experience or resources to support in the creation of the plan.

2. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,228 Posts
    Having read the Conroy Report, I wouldn't be in favour of them getting more involvement in the LoI...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Not much sense in having reports if they're not acted on.
    We have reports coming out our ears but all they do is take up space.
    Its not reports we need. Its people who will carry out what's in them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12