Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Euro Possible transfers thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Post Euro Possible transfers thread

howdy all, been a while

most likely irish players to move based on the game(s)

Lets have a ladder. We'll update it after each game:

1. Hendrick
    2. Brady
    3. Randolph
    4. Clark
    5. Coleman
    6. McGeady (not necessarily to an exciting club)
    7. Coleman
    8. McLean
    9. McCarthy

Can't see Wes moving at his age.. possible wildcard (by the way- go read early comments on the Wes thread. http://foot.ie/threads/58807-Wes-Hoolahan )

Players possibly without a club/retiring
    Shay
    O'Shea

Never leaving their club/would survive nuclear explosion
    Whelan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Wes signed a one year extension to his deal at Norwich. Doubt he'll go anywhere to be honest, but a move to MLS is possible
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

3. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    howdy all, been a while

most likely irish players to move based on the game(s)

Lets have a ladder. We'll update it after each game:

1. Hendrick
    2. Brady
    3. Randolph
    4. Clark
    5. Coleman
    6. McGeady (not necessarily to an exciting club)
    7. Coleman
    "There's only two Seamus Colemans, two Seamus Colemans"

5. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eitoof View Post
    "There's only two Seamus Colemans, two Seamus Colemans"
    So good they sold him twice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    updated Ladder

1. Brady
    2. Hendrick
    3. Hoolahan (possible)
    4. Coleman
    5. Randolph
    6. Mccarthy
    7. McGeady
    8. Duffy
    9. Clark

brady and hendrick the big likely movers...(in my opinion)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    So good they sold him twice.
    Did he ever play for Bohs?

DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    As I've said, Brady clearly is a PL player but if you're a manager looking to buy a player, are you getting an LB, LM or CM? Versatility is huge too, if suitors want it.

Hendrick is looking so good at the moment. In his post-match interview, Tardelli's comments that he was good enough to play in Serie A were put to him. He responded (something like) "Well, if he gets a job there he can try sign me." It was very funny. He's a lovely age profile at 24. I hope he gets a good move.

Would be interesting to see if either attracted interest further afield than England. Like Gary Breen in 2002.

Duffy was good last night too. One dreadful back pass to Randolph but a corner was the most damage that was ever going to come from it. If he starts against France and does decently then I'm sure he's a target for some PL sides needing a beast in there. Seems a great lad too.
    Last edited by Olé Olé; 23/06/2016 at 9:44 PM.

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Brady and Hendrick are far too good for Championship. If they were English there would be talk of a +20 Million move.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    It's been so enjoyable to watch Hendrick in this tournament, well against Sweden and Italy. Such a confident player.

And to think he could have been sat on the bench if Arter was included in the squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    It's been so enjoyable to watch Hendrick in this tournament, well against Sweden and Italy. Such a confident player.

And to think he could have been sat on the bench if Arter was included in the squad.
    Or he could have played beside him. Or Arter could have been a substitute. Or Meyler might not be there. Or any one of the other infinite possibilities.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 24/06/2016 at 9:15 AM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I'd follow some Derby fan groups on Facebook, etc. and their supporters invariably leave Hendrick out of their preferred XI's. Most people picking their various Ireland teams on here leave him out too, as well as the media, or at least have done up until now. There's no way O'Neill was ever leaving him out though, there was nothing at all to suggest he would based on the qualifiers.

I've always been a huge fan but it would be misleading to say this tournament is representative of his consistency at club level, he's upped it a few notches in terms of his confidence on the ball and his aggression. He's running with the ball a lot more, taking a lot more touches in a good way. It's a brilliant sign that he can deliver when the stakes get higher though. I suspect PL managers and scouts are going to look at far more than his Euro heroics though before splashing the cash.

He has made some references recently about the possibility of leaving Derby, for the first time as far as I know, but I'm kind of expecting him to stay there all the same, maybe an improved deal could be in the offering. He's surely impressed Nigel Pearson enough that he won't let him go too easily. Anyway, Paul O'Shea says he's not Premier League quality, he'd be there already if he was, so enough of this nonsense.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 24/06/2016 at 9:25 AM.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Maybe some of our players will look to Europe seeing how their exploits in European football for us, outweigh their exploits in England (in the main).

Danny Murphy (who I like in the main on the Beeb) was lamenting last weekend about never playing on the continent, and realised too late in his career that it would have suited his style better. I think a number of our players would benefit from playing abroad. It disheartens me to have jack byrne is going from on loan at cambuur to on loan at Blackburn.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    I'd follow some Derby fan groups on Facebook, etc. and their supporters invariably leave Hendrick out of their preferred XI's. Most people picking their various Ireland teams on here leave him out too, as well as the media, or at least have done up until now. There's no way O'Neill was ever leaving him out though, there was nothing at all to suggest he would based on the qualifiers.

I've always been a huge fan but it would be misleading to say this tournament is representative of his consistency at club level, he's upped it a few notches in terms of his confidence on the ball and his aggression. He's running with the ball a lot more, taking a lot more touches in a good way. It's a brilliant sign that he can deliver when the stakes get higher though. I suspect PL managers and scouts are going to look at far more than his Euro heroics though before splashing the cash.

He has made some references recently about the possibility of leaving Derby, for the first time as far as I know, but I'm kind of expecting him to stay there all the same, maybe an improved deal could be in the offering. He's surely impressed Nigel Pearson enough that he won't let him go too easily. Anyway, Paul O'Shea says he's not Premier League quality, he'd be there already if he was, so enough of this nonsense.
    I agree with you. The confidence on the ball was never as obvious at it has been over the last 3 matches.

I have a theory on this myself. At Derby, he never got a run over matches in the past season. He even said he grew his hair long because he spent so much time not putting back-to-back starts together the other night after the Italy match. That can't be good for a young player's confidence.

However, one man who has shown real confidence in him and who is known for inspiring players is Martin O'Neill. The past month or so has seen Hendrick spend more time in Martin O'Neill's company and coaching sessions than he ever has before. And, lo' and behold, Hendrick is dribbling forward, passing forward and having shots from distance.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    given the Brexit, I am wondering what the impact on the free movement of players etc will be? While I don't see a return to the limitations of the late 80s and early 90s that saw us miss out on the likes of Bruce and Keown and some others, gan dabht, maybe a larger chunk of our players will move to Europe due to the ease of movement etc etc...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/brex...port-1.2697990

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Saw a post earlier that British clubs won't be able to sign players under the age of 18 anymore, not sure how accurate that is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    the42 on the Irish players that have put themselves in the shop window in the tournament so far: http://www.the42.ie/irish-players-tr...44050-Jun2016/

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    At Derby, he never got a run over matches in the past season. He even said he grew his hair long because he spent so much time not putting back-to-back starts together the other night after the Italy match. That can't be good for a young player's confidence.
    Wait... why did he grow his hair long? Am I missing something obvious or does that really make no sense at all?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    It was a bit of a stop-start season for him but I doubt his confidence would have been affected too much really. Like the 42.ie mention, Clement was looking for his best side and learning on the job a bit. Hendrick was always used from the bench whenever he didn't start, it's not like he was frozen out or forgotten about. He probably got a bit of a raw deal as Clement probably felt obliged to try to integrate the players he spent the club's money on. Once he got the boot Hendrick was straight back in under Wassall until his injury.

I don't want to take anything away from O'Neill as his faith in Hendrick throughout the qualifiers has obviously reaped huge dividends, but I'm not sure having him for the past few weeks is directly related to the way Hendrick is playing now. Maybe it is but it should be remembered he was immense in the playoff second leg at Hull also, so it could be just a very timely rich vein of form.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Wait... why did he grow his hair long? Am I missing something obvious or does that really make no sense at all?
    In an interview after the Italy game, he stated that he started growing his hair in September 2015 and would not stop growing it until he started two games in a row. He said he eventually got back-to-back starts in February but liked it long so kept growing. Does that make sense?

My point is that it must really have played on his mind that his manager was unwilling to give him back-to-back starts.

27. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    It was a bit of a stop-start season for him but I doubt his confidence would have been affected too much really. Like the 42.ie mention, Clement was looking for his best side and learning on the job a bit. Hendrick was always used from the bench whenever he didn't start, it's not like he was frozen out or forgotten about. He probably got a bit of a raw deal as Clement probably felt obliged to try to integrate the players he spent the club's money on. Once he got the boot Hendrick was straight back in under Wassall until his injury.

I don't want to take anything away from O'Neill as his faith in Hendrick throughout the qualifiers has obviously reaped huge dividends, but I'm not sure having him for the past few weeks is directly related to the way Hendrick is playing now. Maybe it is but it should be remembered he was immense in the playoff second leg at Hull also, so it could be just a very timely rich vein of form.
    It should also be remembered how absolutely terrible he was against Belarus in Turner's Cross. That came after Hull and before the Euros.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast