Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Window Transfer Rumours 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    So adding Dublin based seasoned Premier Division level players to your squad who would be commanding decent part-time wages + massive travel expenses isn't adding to your budget?

Fair play to Waterford's BOM this season, they're giving Paul Kelly some run for scam of the year.
    Of course it's adding to the budget. Alan Byrne and Robert Bayly coming down for the wages of the local lads who were released? Not a chance.

And the BOM? Roddy is running the show himself. He's answerable to nobody. It's disgusting what's going on and the control he has. The sooner he's gone from the club the better. Roddy making sure the family get sorted. Alan Byrne's "debut" summed it up brilliantly. The club would be better off folding and starting fresh without him, and stop this "jobs for the lads".

How anybody thinks Roddy is good for the club I really don't know. Over the weekend Navan Town played Waterford United to open their new ground. Roddy said in his column yesterday that he could only get 9 players and took two from Navan. Turned out that NONE of the players at all were Waterford United players...it's almost like he draws attention to it to p1ss off the fans and annoy more and more people around the club about the sh1t that goes on. Sooner he f*cks off the better!!
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Dylan Watts (UCD) to Leicester is a strong rumour.

Good replacement for N'Golo Kante there. Hopefully we can get some of their £30m in that case!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue til i die View Post
    Of course it's adding to the budget. Alan Byrne and Robert Bayly coming down for the wages of the local lads who were released? Not a chance.

And the BOM? Roddy is running the show himself. He's answerable to nobody. It's disgusting what's going on and the control he has. The sooner he's gone from the club the better. Roddy making sure the family get sorted. Alan Byrne's "debut" summed it up brilliantly. The club would be better off folding and starting fresh without him, and stop this "jobs for the lads".

How anybody thinks Roddy is good for the club I really don't know. Over the weekend Navan Town played Waterford United to open their new ground. Roddy said in his column yesterday that he could only get 9 players and took two from Navan. Turned out that NONE of the players at all were Waterford United players...it's almost like he draws attention to it to p1ss off the fans and annoy more and more people around the club about the sh1t that goes on. Sooner he f*cks off the better!!
    he mentioned in his column about havin no backroom staff in Navan. is Aaron Callaghan departed or what?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    he mentioned in his column about havin no backroom staff in Navan. is Aaron Callaghan departed or what?
    He's still assistant manager alright, he was in the dugout on Friday in UCD with Roddy anyway. Can't imagine a friendly v Navan Town high on the priorities list considering it was a team of 11 strangers
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue til i die View Post

Waterford were a basket case before Roddy came & him going won't change that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Dylan Watts (UCD) to Leicester is a strong rumour.

Good replacement for N'Golo Kante there. Hopefully we can get some of their £30m in that case!
    Celtic??

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Nope, City.

Though funny, when I first asked about the rumour, that was the exact reply I got as well!

It was mentioned in the UCD forum here, and Julian Canny mentioned it on Twitter as well. Obviously not 100% reliable sources, but there seems to be something in the air anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Hearing some talk we may be in for Darren Dennehy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Hearing some talk we may be in for Darren Dennehy.
    So you've given up any hope of improving your defence then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    So you've given up any hope of improving your defence then?
    I had a word with Martin Russell about it Monday evening. We're going to put young Darren last man back and play fly keeper next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    You've got no fans.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    What a disgraceful slur by Burton Albion's Nigel Clough in relation to the Youth's Ryan Delaney - "he hasn't played at a high standard in football."

Seriously, hope Ryan can get the contract - a fantastic lad.

Edit: Ryan played as a sub in Burton's 3-0 defeat of Stoke.
    Last edited by ForzaForth; 20/07/2016 at 5:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    Ryan Delaney to Championship side, Burton Albion, now appears to be confirmed looking at the messages on his Twitter account.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well I suppose playing as an amateur in the Premier Division isn't a great standard in terms of the Championship. Bit of an odd comment from a guy who led the club up from the regional leagues in England a few years back though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Does playing as an amateur classify as a standard though? He's playing at a decent standard, none much different to what Burton have been playing the past few years. His rate of pay has been of a low standard compared to the average Championship player though.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It would certainly give a context to the players he's playing with, if not quite against.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Poor from Clough, needless. Yes, no one will argue it's going to be a steep uphill jaunt, however he can say all that without speaking as he did. I mean, if there's nothing over here standard wise, whats his Championship side panning for gold here for in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Poor from Clough, needless. Yes, no one will argue it's going to be a steep uphill jaunt, however he can say all that without speaking as he did. I mean, if there's nothing over here standard wise, whats his Championship side panning for gold here for in the first place.
    Moyes said similar about Coleman when he went to Everton. Guessing it's half hedging his bets if it doesn't work out and half giving himself an option of claiming credit if it does.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Moyes said similar about Coleman when he went to Everton. Guessing it's half hedging his bets if it doesn't work out and half giving himself an option of claiming credit if it does.
    From memory Moyes was patronising, condecending to a point where it was hard to listen to & remain calm, but Clough there is openly dismissive, he can achieve all you point out as his strategic aims without insulting hook line and sinker the game as a whole here. You would think after his father finding Tommy Gaynor and Roy Keane before him, he would exhibit a bit more manners, and cop on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Nigel Clough doesn't have his father's talent, but he doesn't have his blunt manner. Although, to be fair, I could see his father saying the exact same about Keane.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast