Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 154 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2016

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rovers' home game clashes with a Euros quarter final - as will Cork away if it goes ahead the same day.
    Pat's away on the 5th does not clash with Euros but would have (with a semi) had it gone ahead on the Thursday...as would Rovers away/Cork home.
    Remember, as of this morning FAI have said that they away games are still to be arranged in due course....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This is Pat's statement from yesterday:
    Due to circumstances beyond our control we regret to announce that UEFA have rescheduled the away leg of our upcoming UEFA Europa League game versus AS Jeunesse Esch to Tuesday the 5th of July.

We have been in touch with the FAI who have put in an appeal on our behalf to UEFA on the basis that we had already received official communication with confirmation of the away leg to take place on the 7th July, and that both the club and supporters would have made commitments on that basis.

Unfortunately, UEFA have today insisted that the date be changed to Tuesday 5th July. We regret this late change and will be raising the matter at a future date with UEFA as all communications, both verbal and official written confirmation of draw clearly state that the match was due to take place on the 7th July.

We are aware that some supporters may have already booked flights and accommodation and will be inconvenienced, and we regret this as the Club took the precaution of not releasing dates until official written communication was received from UEFA.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused to our supporters, but unfortunately this late change was imposed on us beyond our control.

We would advise fans who have made arrangements to contact their flight operators to try to cancel/amend their flights as soon as possible.
    I read that statement too, but still doesn't answer the question. Did Pat's also jump the gun a bit? There was no publicly announced statement that it was to be on Thursday 7th as far as I can see.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I honestly can't remember what was announced/tweeted on Monday night. I know for certain that they confirmed the home game for the Tuesday night because I remember thinking that it clashes with the Leinster Senior Cup Final. I had planned to go to Dalymount Park for that one but will now go to Inchicore.

I don't remember seeing anything regarding the away game. That's not to say something wasn't tweeted but I can't see anything in the history.

It's wrong to say Pat's jumped the gun seeing as they had, at the time, official written communication from UEFA - so would be perfectly within their rights to tweet/facebook this info at that time. In turn, fans would be perfectly entitled to book flights etc. I can't see that Pat's have done anything wrong in all of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    This wouldn't have happened under Infantino...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I read that statement too, but still doesn't answer the question. Did Pat's also jump the gun a bit? There was no publicly announced statement that it was to be on Thursday 7th as far as I can see.
    Pats were told (in writing) by UEFA that the games were to be played on Tuesday 28, and Thursday 7th. They announced this

UEFA later amended this to Tuesday and Tuesday.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Did Dundalk fans find a decent boozer in the town ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Pats were told (in writing) by UEFA that the games were to be played on Tuesday 28, and Thursday 7th. They announced this

UEFA later amended this to Tuesday and Tuesday.
    That's all the clarification I was seeking. Cheers for that. I just can't find it anywhere online where there was official confirmation posted of it.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    The Leinster FA Senior Cup final has now been postponed, much to the delight of the Wexford Pats fans, of which there are many, who otherwise had a tough decision to make..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Did Dundalk fans find a decent boozer in the town ?
    No. Couldn't get a pint of Harp anywhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    There is a pedestrianized street in the centre of town, rue d 'Alzette. We were in a bar called Mousels (?)

However, the best fun was when we got to the ground. They had a hut beside the main stand selling beer and hotdogs. The beer was sold in bottles and was cheap, €2 I think. They had to stop serving when the match started, but were serving again at half time and at full time. We must have been there for 2 hours after the game. They let the kids out on pitch for a kickabout too. Very friendly people.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    There is a pedestrianized street in the centre of town, rue d 'Alzette. We were in a bar called Mousels (?)

However, the best fun was when we got to the ground. They had a hut beside the main stand selling beer and hotdogs. The beer was sold in bottles and was cheap, €2 I think. They had to stop serving when the match started, but were serving again at half time and at full time. We must have been there for 2 hours after the game. They let the kids out on pitch for a kickabout too. Very friendly people.
    thats the street I'm staying on, sounds like good craic it looks a nice sort of town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

If you're staying in Luxembourg city there are a couple of decent bars down in the valley? (Gorge? not sure what you'd call it). One that backs onto the river

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    The dubliner in reykjavik isn't bad there is a decent few pubs around the harbour area , bring your wallet loaded though €9 a pint of the local stuff.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Leinster FA Senior Cup final has now been postponed, much to the delight of the Wexford Pats fans, of which there are many, who otherwise had a tough decision to make..
    The match between Wexford and Bohs? Why's that postponed?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    If you're staying in Luxembourg city there are a couple of decent bars down in the valley? (Gorge? not sure what you'd call it). One that backs onto the river
    The Black Stuff Irish Pub is a good spot - a bit outside Luxembourg, but on the 10 bus (I think it is). Just don't leave it too late to get a taxi - hugely expensive there.

A few more local places in town of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    The fun that is the unique to the Irish travelling football fan and sharing guidance on the best pub network

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The Black Stuff Irish Pub is a good spot - a bit outside Luxembourg, but on the 10 bus (I think it is). Just don't leave it too late to get a taxi - hugely expensive there.

A few more local places in town of course.
    Did UCD play in the main stadium the bartel last year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Plenty of decent pubs in Luxembourg city. I quite like Scotts and Updown which is built into the side of the cliff. Right across the street from each other. Few other pubs in that general area as well.

Beer in Lux isn't great, but its fine. Bofferding and Diekirch are the two main ones you'll see.

Beer in Iceland is woeful. Gull being among the worst I've ever had. Plenty of pusb do "happy hour" so you don't end up paying more than 5 or 6 euro per pint. Some City fans found stuff way cheaper than that too so if you look around you might not end up paying too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Did UCD play in the main stadium the bartel last year
    UCD AFC played in the domestic venue of F91 Differleng/Dudelange close to the French border Stade Jos Nosbaum.

Info for travelling Fans to Luxembourgg
    In 2015, UCD AFC Supporters Club put together a comprehensive list of Flights convenient to the destination to help undeciders make up their mind and reassure Fans that they were viewing the best options.
    http://ucdsupporters.ie/blog/2015/06...the-away-trip/

Main Options based on DUB flights, small budget, short trip, reminder fly out one way and return another.
    13 airports linked, 9 airlines linked, specific private bus and train services from those airports.

Most popular route by Fans
    Charleroi (CRL), Zaventum Brussels International (BRU), Luxembourg (LUX)

The links for airports, airlines and land transfers will still be valid, please feel free to pass it on to other Fans considering travelling.
    Last edited by HarpoJoyce; 22/06/2016 at 3:18 PM.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    You can also fly from Kerry direct to Frankfurt-Hahn and travel to Lux from there. Kerry is a great little airport!

Page 9 of 154 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast