Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Attendances 2016

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaHoop View Post
    What you reckon the crowd will be for the Harps V Crumlin game considering no footie on TV but its a cup game and Harps have been on a bad run lately.
    I wouldn't be hopeful to be honest. Man Utd are playing in the FA Cup final on the same day. That will keep a few at home/in the pub. That an factoring in that it is the cup and recent results...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaHoop View Post
    What you reckon the crowd will be for the Harps V Crumlin game considering no footie on TV but its a cup game and Harps have been on a bad run lately.
    If there's 600 at it that'll be the height of it. First round cup games against non league opposition never attract much of a crowd.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    1724 in the Showgrounds for Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    That looks official, saw Extratime had it at 750, ****e either way, must be our worst home league attendance ever?
    I wouldn't have thought it was even close to the worst ever home league attendance for Pats. All clubs suffer dips at various points especially end of season and for games like these but more so in obvious leaner seasons. I think I remember a Pats league game on a Saturday at 2pm live on rte tv, maybe in 2012 and there were around 400-500 at it.

One of Dundalk's more recent low points was v Bray, last regular game of the dreadful 2012 season, think only 260 turned up, less myself! Thankfully around 1,300 more turned up for the play off game a week later v Waterford.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    If there's 600 at it that'll be the height of it. First round cup games against non league opposition never attract much of a crowd.
    What was the crowd for Harps v Dundalk Nigel?

Edit. I just saw the figure on ET. They reported 1,320, looked about right?
    Last edited by oriel; 18/05/2016 at 11:53 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Really? It always seemed to me in Oriel that cup games got people out that wouldnt necessarily be regulars for league games. If anything it was regulars that skipped off the early cup rounds depending on the draw. I always found it interesting to see non-league teams and have a look at their level, Ashtownvilla, Malahide aside

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I wouldn't have thought it was even close to the worst ever home league attendance for Pats. All clubs suffer dips at various points especially end of season and for games like these but more so in obvious leaner seasons. I think I remember a Pats league game on a Saturday at 2pm live on rte tv, maybe in 2012 and there were around 400-500 at it.

One of Dundalk's more recent low points was v Bray, last regular game of the dreadful 2012 season, think only 260 turned up, less myself! Thankfully around 1,300 more turned up for the play off game a week later v Waterford.
    We played Fingal in a Cup quarter final in 2010 at 1 o'clock on a Saturday on the tele, there was 759 at that, could be the one you're thinking of.

Sporting Fingal a bigger draw than Harps, who knew
    Here on a technicality.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Pat's v Fingal as Partysaint says is correct. There was also a game against Bohs - which I think was a Saturday afternoon in 2010 and possibly the same day that Setanta later showed Rovers v Fingal - which was poorly attended. There was also an away game v Fingal on a Saturday at ... i think... midday again, which had an attendance of about 200 - despite both clubs and media reporting 7-800!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Would Pats be the worst supported of the traditional big 4 in Dublin?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I would have said Shels tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    There was also an away game v Fingal on a Saturday at ... i think... midday again, which had an attendance of about 200 - despite both clubs and media reporting 7-800!
    Why would an away club report an attendance? Whatever the crowd was it was less than half what the stand in Morton holds. Think it was 1pm for TV
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    I would have said Shels tbh.
    Rovers; Bohs; Pat's; Shels in that order at the moment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Rovers; Bohs; Pat's; Shels in that order at the moment?
    I'd say Pats and Bohs average attendances over the last decade have been fairly similar
    Here on a technicality.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Bit of trivia for you now. Pat's record home league attendance is 22,789. It was in the 1954-55 season v Rovers. Pat's were based at Chapelizod but the FAI ordered the game be moved to Dalymount due to the expected high crowd. Rovers won it 5-0. They also played Waterford at Dalymount the same year in a 'home' game that had a crowd of 21,000. Of course you won't read a lot about crowds like that now because records that are kept and easily available only take into account Richmond Park.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Continuing with this, I think Monaghan's record 'home' league attendance would have been 5 or 6k, they played Derry around 85-87 but the game was moved to Oriel Park, to accommodate the huge Derry following that was the order of the day back then. I was at it, and I remember the huge Derry crowd that day.

Dundalk also played a good few league 'home' games in Mons and previously Drogs around 2005, while the infamous pitch was being laid, I don't remember figures, but I think one in Mons had less than 200, depressing times.

I also remember watching Bohs playing a uefa cup game in Oriel Park as a kid, in the late 70's, possibly v East European side? This was due to crowd trouble in Dalymount a season previous, and also Dlk played a euro match in Drogs in 1995 v Malmo as another pitch was being installed, grass this time!
    Last edited by oriel; 19/05/2016 at 3:52 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    I'd say Pats and Bohs average attendances over the last decade have been fairly similar
    A steady decline in Pat`s support over the past 5 years , notwithstanding a rare cup success , European competition every year and challenging for the league most years. The Bohs attendance, with us scrapping for survival and to avoid relegation, has increased.

I have no doubt that if Pats moved to Tallaght they would match Rovers for crowds.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    If you knocked on every door in Dublin and asked which LOI side they'd support, Pats would be 4th, a fair way behind Shels and a long way off Rovers and Bohs.

But in terms of a hardcore support that attends the match no matter how good or bad things are on the pitch, Pats are miles ahead of Shels, arguably on a similar footing with Bohs and Rovers.
    Last edited by toffeejay; 19/05/2016 at 7:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Dundalk also played a good few league 'home' games in Mons and previously Drogs around 2005, while the infamous pitch was being laid, I don't remember figures, but I think one in Mons had less than 200, depressing times.
    While not a Dundalk 'home' game in Monaghan the bizarrest one for me was being refused entry to Gortakeegan due to foot and mouth, so it ended up being a bunch of Dundalk fans standing on the hill over looking the ground among the damn cows that Monaghan United had such particular concern for. There hadn't been any no travelling support or behind close doors talk that anyone was aware of. Monaghan would have lost out on a significant gate and bar sales on what was an ongoing issue after a dispute/argument in the stand in Oriel with a Monaghan director and a designated seat season ticket holder. Around that time Dundalk changed in Oriel before heading to Monaghan as the away changing rooms in Gortakeegan were hosed down and soaked to the point of flooding so there was nowhere dry to change or put clothes when kitting out. All a bit childish but there ye go - magicme was probably the main culprit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Can we have a round up/ summary of the year to date please , crowds seem to down all round, would be nice to know either way. TIA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Can we have a round up/ summary of the year to date please , crowds seem to down all round, would be nice to know either way. TIA.
    Working on it currently. Should have it all updated tonight at some point.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast