Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: will anymore eL players get capped next year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I see a mention of Graham Barrett earlier on in the thread. Would this be the same Graham Barrett who was made look extremely average on a regular basis by Wes Houlihan and John O'Flynn when they were all playing for the Under 21's.

I also see a mention of Steven Elliot. Would this be the same Steven Elliot who Kevin Doyle kept out of the Under 21 team last year.

I honestly don't think Brian Kerr even attended a Cork City game this year, he certainly never showed his face in Turners Cross and I didn't see him any away games. Cork City came within a whisker of winning the league and had a historic run in Europe yet the manager of our national team couldn't even bother his arse to go to a couple of games. He missed out on seeing Kevin Doyle who is undoubtedly better than many of the strikers who currently make it into the squad.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    regarding the facilites, the minister is about to announce a new development out in abbotstown for Rugby soccer and GAA. Its going to be world class faciliites. There was an article in the indo a few days ago, maybe sunday.

Personally I dont belive E.L players should play for Ireland until they are playing in the Champions League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Would this be the same Steven Elliot who Kevin Doyle kept out of the Under 21 team last year.
    When was this? I think you'll find that you're wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyfella
    Jesus the selective arguments on here are something else!!!

Hearts have been in Europe more regularly than Shels, not just this year.. they beat Bordeaux away from home last year..theyve plenty of Scottish internationals with experience. theyve sold lots of players to Premiership teams in recent years... none of which Shels or any irish team has...
    Hearts then went and lost 2-0 at home to that Bordeaux side. A side inferior to the side Shels drew with and lost to, who are actualy challanging for the French league. Shels have four internationals with over 40 caps between them one of which has played in two world cups, another player who's been in a senior squad and made the bench but didn't get capped. They've a player elected for U21 player of the year for Ireland ahead of many current internationals and quel suprise he's not been capped yet but the people deemed inferior to him at U21 level have.

And Shels have been in Europe pretty much every season over the past decade Every season Owen Heary has played for Shels they've qualified for Europe.

And what Hearts players are now in the premiership? I'm not calling you a liar I just can't think of any myself. Shels, incidentally, had Richie Foran who's got a better scoring rate in Scotland then he had in Ireland despite the fact that in Scotland he's playing for a mid table team and in Ireland he played for one of the top teams and I believe he's even played games in mid field this season! And how exactly does selling players equate to a high standard of play?

Aberdeen that Bohs beat are miles off the Aberdeen Bohs would play today - would Bohs beat Celtic in Parkhead? Aberdeen did this year...
    its experience he;s getting at i think and none of the players in this league have enough at a sufficiently high level...

and im not a BK fan ....
    No but the last LOI team to play in Parkhead drew.

If the criteria is experience Heary has plenty of it. He's played against Rangers, Rosenborg, Sloga Jugomagnat Skopje, Brøndby, Hibernians ( ), Olimpija Ljubljana, KR Reykjavik, Hadjuk Split, Deportivo and Lille all home and away and all in Europe, more often than not directly against internationals. Not to mention friendlys which would include teams like Leeds. That's also ignoring what you precieve to be a lack of quality here when he comes up against the like of Kearney, you know, the one starring for our U21s at the moment. He has been superb in pretty much every single one of those games, that's more experience at a high level than alot of our players have, like Elliot who got picked very early on in his career (Just using him as an example, I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be picked but experience wise he was way behind).

If those teams listed aren't a sufficently high level than Ireland have a far better team than I thought.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    Personally I dont belive E.L players should play for Ireland until they are playing in the Champions League
    How many irish international have played in the CL??? Not many I tell ya that much but EL players must play in the CL before they can play for Ireland? Now thats just Rubbish!

gypsyfella
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Hearts then went and lost 2-0 at home to that Bordeaux side. A side inferior to the side Shels drew with and lost to, who are actualy challanging for the French league. Shels have four internationals with over 40 caps between them one of which has played in two world cups, another player who's been in a senior squad and made the bench but didn't get capped. They've a player elected for U21 player of the year for Ireland ahead of many current internationals and quel suprise he's not been capped yet but the people deemed inferior to him at U21 level have.

And Shels have been in Europe pretty much every season over the past decade Every season Owen Heary has played for Shels they've qualified for Europe.

And what Hearts players are now in the premiership? I'm not calling you a liar I just can't think of any myself. Shels, incidentally, had Richie Foran who's got a better scoring rate in Scotland then he had in Ireland despite the fact that in Scotland he's playing for a mid table team and in Ireland he played for one of the top teams and I believe he's even played games in mid field this season! And how exactly does selling players equate to a high standard of play?

No but the last LOI team to play in Parkhead drew.

If the criteria is experience Heary has plenty of it. He's played against Rangers, Rosenborg, Sloga Jugomagnat Skopje, Brøndby, Hibernians ( ), Olimpija Ljubljana, KR Reykjavik, Hadjuk Split, Deportivo and Lille all home and away and all in Europe, more often than not directly against internationals. Not to mention friendlys which would include teams like Leeds. That's also ignoring what you precieve to be a lack of quality here when he comes up against the like of Kearney, you know, the one starring for our U21s at the moment. He has been superb in pretty much every single one of those games, that's more experience at a high level than alot of our players have, like Elliot who got picked very early on in his career (Just using him as an example, I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be picked but experience wise he was way behind).

If those teams listed aren't a sufficently high level than Ireland have a far better team than I thought.
    hearts players = David Weir, Naysmith, Ricardo Fuller, Colin Cameron (was for cpl years)... others from SPL who are in Premiership last cpl years.. James MCFadden, Malky Mackay, Gary Holt, Barry Ferguson...

not bad for a **** league... the point is that these play in tighter games against better players on a more regular basis. ALl those games that Heary (one of the best in the league no doubt) have been over a few years, and also unfortunately for him, he;s playing in a position where we have more than enough competition...

Also how many of those games did Shels win? just playing them is not good enough.

as for Shels players with caps - its a bit chicken and egg- but Kerr will only be interested if theyre playes with recent caps - why is Ndo not with a better team? seriously?

i'd love to see the day there are plenty of eL players in the irish side, but i really dont think theres any player right now who would make it. or shoudl make it.

as for Maybury - he is better than any full back in the league and he IS STILL 5th choice for ireland...

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Before any mods get in, can I be the first to say "Attack the post not the poster" ..Seriously you come across a wee bit angry, it's the festive season, let it go.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed resident
    why dont ya **** off with your british **** you ****ing ****.
    **** shels and scotish football, cork city are the biggest and best club in ireland and europe!
    Well thought and structured arguement there Shed Res.

Good work.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hearts players = David Weir, Naysmith, Ricardo Fuller, Colin Cameron (was for cpl years)... others from SPL who are in Premiership last cpl years.. James MCFadden, Malky Mackay, Gary Holt, Barry Ferguson...

not bad for a **** league... the point is that these play in tighter games against better players on a more regular basis. ALl those games that Heary (one of the best in the league no doubt) have been over a few years, and also unfortunately for him, he;s playing in a position where we have more than enough competition...

Also how many of those games did Shels win? just playing them is not good enough.
    Well it's not about Shels winning them it's about Hearys own performances and he was superb against all of those teams, most of which are international quality. I agree about the competition, I'm not saying Heary should start for Ireland but he's better cover than Maybury.

as for Shels players with caps - its a bit chicken and egg- but Kerr will only be interested if theyre playes with recent caps - why is Ndo not with a better team? seriously?
    Maybe because the leagues not as bad as you think? Maybe because he wants to play in a team that's playing European football and could have qualified for the champions league last season? And all of the caps are recent bar Moore.

i'd love to see the day there are plenty of eL players in the irish side, but i really dont think theres any player right now who would make it. or shoudl make it.

as for Maybury - he is better than any full back in the league and he IS STILL 5th choice for ireland...
    He's third choice for Ireland and Heary is a far better full back. Maybury isn't even the top full back in the SPL.

gypsyfella
    Well it's not about Shels winning them it's about Hearys own performances and he was superb against all of those teams, most of which are international quality. I agree about the competition, I'm not saying Heary should start for Ireland but he's better cover than Maybury.

Maybe because the leagues not as bad as you think? Maybe because he wants to play in a team that's playing European football and could have qualified for the champions league last season? And all of the caps are recent bar Moore.

He's third choice for Ireland and Heary is a far better full back. Maybury isn't even the top full back in the SPL.
    u-21 caps i take it youre speaking of?

he;s at least 4th choice behind Finnan, Carr, O'Shea and most likely behind Harte when he's recalled next year...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    u-21 caps i take it youre speaking of?

he;s at least 4th choice behind Finnan, Carr, O'Shea and most likely behind Harte when he's recalled next year...
    No, Byrne, Crowe and Ndo have all been cappe within the last season or two.

And he's only behind Finnan and Carr for the right back position for us. O'Shea is our left back and Harte can't even make the squad! He's third choice right back and second choice left back.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ironic people are praising Hearts in the week that they have set scottish football back. And if those Ukrainians gain more points theyre ****ed.

gypsyfella
    No, Byrne, Crowe and Ndo have all been cappe within the last season or two.

And he's only behind Finnan and Carr for the right back position for us. O'Shea is our left back and Harte can't even make the squad! He's third choice right back and second choice left back.

Byrne - 90 seconds. Crowe (decent shift to be fair), Ndo - when?

he;s a dual sided full back.... Harte will be back next year...

gypsyfella
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    Ironic people are praising Hearts in the week that they have set scottish football back. And if those Ukrainians gain more points theyre ****ed.
    not praising Hearts mate,, just showing the difference in quality of players they have had.... look at the list who's moved to the prem - i think that is some indication..

gypsyfella
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Awrih' mate? Fackin 'ell this place is full of fackin' Paddies. Anyway mate, nice to meet anuver Eastender. C'mon the 'Ammers, fackin' 'ell let's give the Owl Bill a right kickin' mate...
    emmmm. ok pal. mo chara. mein freund. mon ami.

pe rud is mian leat fhein.

GF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Byrne - 90 seconds. Crowe (decent shift to be fair), Ndo - when?

he;s a dual sided full back.... Harte will be back next year...
    First of all I doubt Heart will be back, secondly if he is it wont change the fact Maybury is our third choice right back, not fifth.

Ndos last cap came in 2003 iirc, could be wrong though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    IMO - Maybury getting in the Ireland team at right back ahead of Heary is a joke. Just give Heary a chance,90 mins in a friendly or whenever, just give the man a chance!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    To return to the question originally posed...I'd quite like to see Andy Myler get capped (mind you, how would we know he wasn't faking?)
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I reckon Kerr only gave Crowe and Byrne a chance to get the fans on his side, a PR stunt. It worked too. If they were good enough to get in once why didn't he call them up again!?
    Rocky

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Colin Cameron played in the EL about 10 years ago didn't he for Sligo Rovers?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast