Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Republic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    There's zero chance that "Innocent" is spelled correctly
    At least it's unlikely that there will be a benifit night for him!

(yes has happened on printed tickets that then farcically went up in smoke)

2. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    At least it's unlikely that there will be a benifit night for him!

(yes has happened on printed tickets that then farcically went up in smoke)
    I can beleave that

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    McKeon didn't deal with the matter properly & that's why we have this discussion now.
    He gave Towell a yellow when it should have been red. The referee & I use the term lightly saw the incident so that's the end of it as far as the FAI are concerned.
    What Towell did was nasty & uncalled for but what goes around comes around.

As to what Kenny said I wouldn't take much notice of that.
    I'd have been more surprised if he said nothing.

6. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    I for one am glad that Kenny has brought a calm and rational note to what has been an all too hysterical discussion.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Stephen Kenny chooses to have a pop at Soccer Republic and the "over the top" criticism of Richie Towell.

"[Richie] knows his error and he acknowledges that. In the three years here I haven’t seen him commit a bad tackle. Nobody goes through their lives without making a mistake. I think the vitriol that has been aimed at him through social media and other forms has been over the top.

People have some sort of petty jealousy and they were waiting on an opportunity to have a go at him. The coverage should be more consistent. A minute before the Towell incident, Chris Shields was knocked over by a forceful elbow. Chris Shields is one of the toughest players in the league and wouldn’t stay down easy. John Mountney left the field with his ear pouring with blood and had to be treated for 3-4 minutes. Soccer Republic didn’t show either of those incidents so they need to show some balance.

It is incredibly unprofessional for coaches from other rival clubs to use Twitter and other forms of social media to openly criticise our players and staff. It seems to be some sort of desperation to be relevant. They are nothing more than self-publicists. They’d be better off concentrating on their own affairs.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-hails-consistency/
    Ridiculous stuff from Kenny. Soccer Republic in particular was very mild in it's criticism. What coaches from other clubs have been on Twitter ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Ridiculous stuff from Kenny. Soccer Republic in particular was very mild in it's criticism. What coaches from other clubs have been on Twitter ?
    He would have been better off not commenting but he makes some valid points. Soccer Republic highlighted one incident of dangerous play in the game when there were several more.

Not sure what coaches were on twitter but Killian sure was. What are Pats fans opinions on his tweets and fb posts? I'd be livid if it was the other way around and would want the player out of the club ASAP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    McKeon didn't deal with the matter properly & that's why we have this discussion now.
    He gave Towell a yellow when it should have been red. The referee & I use the term lightly saw the incident so that's the end of it as far as the FAI are concerned.
    What Towell did was nasty & uncalled for but what goes around comes around.

As to what Kenny said I wouldn't take much notice of that.
    I'd have been more surprised if he said nothing.
    He also didn't deal with Gannon getting kicked around the pitch in the first half or two players getting busted with elbows from Pats players either. If he did his job properly could have been three reds to Pats and one to Dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    He would have been better off not commenting but he makes some valid points. Soccer Republic highlighted one incident of dangerous play in the game when there were several more.

Not sure what coaches were on twitter but Killian sure was. What are Pats fans opinions on his tweets and fb posts? I'd be livid if it was the other way around and would want the player out of the club ASAP.
    So a couple of tweets and Facebook posts should see a player kicked out of a club.

What punishment if you break a fellas nose?

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    He also didn't deal with Gannon getting kicked around the pitch in the first half or two players getting busted with elbows from Pats players either. If he did his job properly could have been three reds to Pats and one to Dundalk
    You can't honestly believe that?

As for Brennan, he can say what he likes. Not a single person changed their opinion based on what he said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    So a couple of tweets and Facebook posts should see a player kicked out of a club.

What punishment if you break a fellas nose?
    I'm simply asking Pats fans their opinion on Brennan getting involved in this and engaging in slagging matches with people on social media. If it was the a Dundalk player I (and I presume Kenny) would be livid that there is somebody at my club stupid enough to do that. Professional footballers should be professional both on and off the pitch, if it was the English Premiership he would be in a lot of trouble. It says a lot about his character when he can point the finger given the number of times he has attempted to injure others.

Like has been said a million times already Towell was 100% in the wrong and has rightly apologized. I think he has earned the benefit of the doubt given his overall disciplinary record but if something similar were to happen again I wouldn't want him at my club.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    You can't honestly believe that?

As for Brennan, he can say what he likes. Not a single person changed their opinion based on what he said.
    True it hasn't changed my opinion, it has also reinforced my opinion of Brennan, bags of talent but a liability with not much going on upstairs.

If I were Buckley or a Pats fan I'd be telling him to shut up and stay out of it. Bide your time, hope you meet in the FAI cup and take your revenge on the pitch (result wise I mean), that is how you respond.

I'm happy in the knowledge that we have nobody at Dundalk who would act like Brennan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    He's just a poor referee.
    We had him vs Limerick & he was very poor as well.
    On one occasion a City player received treatment on the field & he allowed him to stay on. Any player who receives treatment must leave the filed of play. This fellow must be in his fifties now.
    I thought there was an age limit in the late forties ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    I'm simply asking Pats fans their opinion on Brennan getting involved in this and engaging in slagging matches with people on social media. If it was the a Dundalk player I (and I presume Kenny) would be livid that there is somebody at my club stupid enough to do that. Professional footballers should be professional both on and off the pitch, if it was the English Premiership he would be in a lot of trouble. It says a lot about his character when he can point the finger given the number of times he has attempted to injure others.

Like has been said a million times already Towell was 100% in the wrong and has rightly apologized. I think he has earned the benefit of the doubt given his overall disciplinary record but if something similar were to happen again I wouldn't want him at my club.
    You should probably check out some of Stephen O'Donnell's and Darren Meenans previous tweets.

If you get upset by something a player tweets you're probably not all right in the head yourself.
    Here on a technicality.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Not being a Twit myself can a few examples be posted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    You should probably check out some of Stephen O'Donnell's and Darren Meenans previous tweets.

If you get upset by something a player tweets you're probably not all right in the head yourself.
    Nothing wrong in my head, but you seem to be having trouble comprehending!

I'm in no way offended by Brennan's tweets/posts and I don't see where I stated that I was. I was amused by them to be honest and it reinforces my opinion that he is an empty head and a liability.

One last time, I was simply asking the opinion of Pats fans getting involved in such things on social media and having slagging matches with any Joe Soap. Clearly from the defensive replies, people are not bothered by it which is fine and answers my question.

You'll have to direct me to these O'Donnell and Meenan tweets I can't find them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Not being a Twit myself can a few examples be posted?
    There was a couple:

"Richie Towell kicking 18yr olds on the ground....
    Good job I was suspended"

"@jamie_mc_gra hAs more ability in his broken nose than Richie does in the boot that done it...#fact#poor#bully"

Then he goes on to trade insults with all in sundry. My point was that I'd be embarrassed if he was a Dundalk player doing it so I asked how Pats fans felt about it. Should have expected I wouldn't get any calm responses and just some abuse.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'm simply asking Pats fans their opinion on Brennan getting involved in this and engaging in slagging matches with people on social media. If it was the a Dundalk player I (and I presume Kenny) would be livid that there is somebody at my club stupid enough to do that.
    This is the League of Ireland. I'd be fairly confident every club has at least a couple of people that stupid. Brennan's been getting into slagging matches with people on the internet for years.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    This is the League of Ireland. I'd be fairly confident every club has at least a couple of people that stupid. Brennan's been getting into slagging matches with people on the internet for years.
    There is much wrong with LOI but it has no exclusive or exceptional claim to stupid people.

Well, exclusive anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donie Forde View Post
    There is much wrong with LOI but it has no exclusive or exceptional claim to stupid people.

Well, exclusive anyway.
    In other leagues they're usually well-paid enough that their clubs can tell them to shut up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Nothing wrong in my head, but you seem to be having trouble comprehending!

I'm in no way offended by Brennan's tweets/posts and I don't see where I stated that I was. I was amused by them to be honest and it reinforces my opinion that he is an empty head and a liability.

One last time, I was simply asking the opinion of Pats fans getting involved in such things on social media and having slagging matches with any Joe Soap. Clearly from the defensive replies, people are not bothered by it which is fine and answers my question.

You'll have to direct me to these O'Donnell and Meenan tweets I can't find them
    To be clear I wasn't trying to slag you off there, I was just saying in general if anyone gets offended by these things they'd want to have a long hard look at themselves.
    Here on a technicality.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast