Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Series 1 fixtures 6th/7th March

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Gary Rogers is the best keeper in the league and got Dundalk three points tonight

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Gary Rogers is the best keeper in the league and got Dundalk three points tonight
    I agree with that. Fantastic save onto the crossbar near the end.
    We were poor. Too many misplaced passes and poor performances. McMillan struggled up front and couldn't hold the ball up at all. Still we had enough chances to make it safe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Longford didn't have an attempt on goal for 85 minutes, then had two great chances at the end.

Dundalk were poor, far too many misdirected passes. It's far too early of gauge how Longford will do this season but they will be heartened that they could have got something from the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Is the season over yet?

F*cking ****e from Pats tonight.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    At half time I thought Pats would win comfortably, they looked dangerous enough against the wind. Credit to Rovers got the tactics right against the wind, pressed Pats all over and didn't let them pick out any easy passes, result was a surprisingly untroubled half, bar the great save in stoppage time. Hard to make any judgements because the conditions were close to unplayable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Gutted after tonight, played well in first half and deserved the lead at half-time but just didn't come out for second half. Conceded two God-awful goals - and while every goal you concede is always a bad one, wait until you see Soccer Republic
    on Monday to see how bad they were! Not great from either side, Derry missing a few in fairness but both sides have plenty to do.
    Still, I'll take a 2-1 defeat to Derry in the Premier Division in first game over a 1-0 defeat to Longford, which is how we started last season. And look how last season finished for us!
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Was there a handball in the lead up to that? Anyway was impressed with Longford

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Both teams quite poor in Galway Derry were absolutely terrible at stages. Think a draw would have been fair and Derrys 2nd was a fluke in the end.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Both teams quite poor in Galway Derry were absolutely terrible at stages. Think a draw would have been fair and Derrys 2nd was a fluke in the end.
    Pretty fair assessment of the game. Their little bit of experience told. Some will say they were lucky but I think they were ruthless and we have to adapt quickly or it will be a long season.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Conditions were poor tonight with a strong wind blowing and extremely cold for most of the match, so any spells of good football was rare. Dundalk would have been much happier going in at half time, 1-0 up, but what a performance by Longford in the last 20, and only for a superb double save by Rogers right at the end, they could have got a point, we're very happy with the win, 3 pts in the bag. Could have sealed the win with good chances not least from Towell in the 2nd half, but a win is a win.

Official attendance was 3,336, decent crowd over from Longford, they will do ok this season, no doubt about that.
    Last edited by oriel; 06/03/2015 at 11:39 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Pretty fair assessment of the game. Their little bit of experience told. Some will say they were lucky but I think they were ruthless and we have to adapt quickly or it will be a long season.
    2nd goal though he went to head it and it ended up going in off his shoulder or something it looked to me. I thought if Galway had someone that could finish they could have been 2 up before Derry ever got into the game.
    Galway tried to play decent football and did at stages but started to lose the ball a lot could give them the benefit of the doubt and call it lack of sharpness first game back . Stand outs for Galway for me were Oji and the right back was it Horgan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Thats his job and he done it well.
    Longford came for the point,realised in the last 20 mins that they weren't getting it with 7 packed in mf,spread that out then and almost got what they didn't deserve.Dundalk had a few cleared off the line by longford,Dundalk hit a post and 1 Dundalk shot(Andy Boyle i think) almost broke the crossbar.Skinner also made a few brave saves too.So it was all Gary Rogers in Oriel tonight?
    Fair play to Longford,they done a good job cancelling out Towell and Shields but it was scrappy and Dundalk deserved the win.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

17. Thanks From:

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quite heartened by our performance tonight. First half, we pretty much shut Dundalk down - the goal was nearly like a hit on the break. It was only near the end, when we'd opened up looking for the equaliser, that Dundalk got on top. Gutted with the save in injury time.

It was my first time seeing the pitch up close. It gave a totally different perspective. I'm not blaming it for the result, but it gives a totally unnatural bounce, and both teams suffered injuries that would've been nothing on grass. I don't give a b0llox if platini himself gives a personal seal of approval - its rubbish.

Finally, I'm not really fussy about facilities, but that away end is a total disgrace, up to and including no proper toilets. Its a wonder it passes health and safety, never mind licencing. And I've no idea what was going on with the heavy handed stewarding at the end and keeping us back. Dundalk must have serious under lying problems if there was a need for that and the police presence against us. Unless it was just to add to the early 80's feel of the away section? Its only missing barbed wire fences.... It'd have to be a big game for me to go there again - can't see me bothering for a run of the mill league game tbh. Makes the Carlisle look like the aviva.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Trim looking to me, TV puts on a half stone too, took his goal well, nice ball in by the wind, but you never know what you are going to get from him, that's why we weren't interested this year.
    We couldn't afford to pay him. Play him up front and he'll score a lot of goals. Not on the wing like Coleman had him playing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I believe Longford hit the crossbar also Dunny! Also the time Dundalk hit the crossbar was when the Town defender put it onto the crossbar. Decent performance from the Town. Only for that lapse in concentration would of got a point. Desperate pitch, was like a game of bounce ball! I don't think the ball settled on the ground once! Hopefully it'll settle down as the season goes on. Dundalk deserved the win but I don't think we'll be made a show of.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Agree with what Macy said. The away end is a disgrace. One toilet available for men AND ladies. And been held back for after the game was a joke! It's the first time I've been to an away Town game where we were treated as if we were trouble makers! And that includes our visits to Linfield and Glentoran.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Agree with what Macy said. The away end is a disgrace. One toilet available for men AND ladies. And been held back for after the game was a joke! It's the first time I've been to an away Town game where we were treated as if we were trouble makers! And that includes our visits to Linfield and Glentoran.
    100% about the bogs,thats a shocker.
    I dont know who makes the security calls though.Is it the AGS or is it The host club or a combination of the two?
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    A very enjoyable game in Tolka tonight. Took a while to get into the game but two sides both cancelling each other out. Shels shaded the first half, and took a few good saves from Ciaran Gallagher to keep Harps level at half time, but there was only really one team in it in the second half and Harps came desperately close to a winner in stoppage time.

If Shels are favourites for the league this year, my hopes of Harps chances have just gone up greatly.

Also wish Simon Dixon all the very best for Shels tonight too who had an unfortunate clash of heads with Wilfried Tagbo and came off very poorly from it with what looks like a bad neck injury.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Why was David 'best player in First Division' O'Sullivan benched yesterday? Just a defensive change and Shaw got the nod ahead of him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Desperate pitch, was like a game of bounce ball! I don't think the ball settled on the ground once!
    Always the pitch. You don't think the very strong wind had anything to do with the type of game it was then?
    We had chances to finish the game but in the end we're thankful for two great saves to win it. Longford looked organised and will be difficult opponents for most.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast