Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland (A); 14th November, 2014; Ticket Exchange Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Actually, BOTN, if you held off on buying tickets from the SFA for the home section, a few spares closer to the away section, around or near block 115 of the Lisbon Lions Stand, are bound to turn up from Irish fans who bought their tickets as insurance but who will also be sorted by the official FAI allocation when it is announced. A lot of fans who are waiting for word back from the FAI still went ahead and bought home section tickets as back-up just in case they weren't to have success through the preferred FAI allocation. It's your own call really. Add your name to the exchange list here or keep an eye on these threads on YBIG and you might be lucky: http://www.ybig.ie/forum/scotland-ti...opic49987.html and http://www.ybig.ie/forum/match-ticke...073_page1.html

Alternatively, you can wait and hope that the FAI allocation is increased and tickets become available. It might be best contacting the FAI via phone or email for news on that. Even if they were to receive more tickets, it's unlikely you'd have any luck though unless you were one of the original applicants. The original allocation was 3,600. I understand they're hoping to increase it, although there is no guarantee. 5,000 has been a figure bandied about, but even if this were a realistic target, the FAI stated the other day that they'd received 10,000 applications, so they'd presumably have to sort all those people out first before any became available for general public sale.

The other option, of course, is to go ahead and buy SFA tickets now, assuming there are still some on the site. At least it means you would have match tickets and you could always try get rid of them if you happen to stumble across something more ideal then in the time being. I don't imagine tickets would be too difficult to shift; there'll be plenty of Irish fans looking for them. In fact, I may do that with mine if I can somehow manage to get my hands on official away section ones. I shall see what transpires. At the minute, I'm not overly concerned though as the tickets we have are in a decent position immediately beside the away section and I have a feeling there'll be quite a few Irish bunched around the block too.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Buy the SFA tickets, as otherwise there are no guarantees...plus the FAI have their own 'fairweather' contingent to deal with. Who probably think it's rugby. They could be in for a rude awakening...

4. Thanks From:

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Cheers Danny and A.B - appreciate the feedback

Yeah think we will get the SFA tickets, in the hope the FAI increase their allocation and we can get those and sell our SFA ones onto someone else
    Last edited by back of the net; 19/10/2014 at 11:56 AM.
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Just adding myself to the ticket request list lads - will remove if i get some elsewhere

Back of the net (3)
    My Country is My Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I'll have to stick you down for two, in accordance with ticket exchange thread rules. Here's the updated list:

Wanted (20)

DannyInvincible (2)
    Prince20 (2)
    IsMiseSean (2)
    Jayc90 (2)
    the-blue-harp (2)
    davey (2)
    AidoP (2)
    Armando(2)
    BonnieShels (2)
    back of the net (2)

Available (0)

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Lisbon Lions Lower Block 115, Row G & H here...

In theory right next to the away fans.
    My FAI contact tells me they're not taking orders from Irish addresses or will apparently be 'rejected' in due course.
    How likely is this to occur? Irish addresses were not restricted from ordering, so I'd be surprised if they would cancel already-accepted orders that were made as part of a general public sale. Would there be a precedent for this sort of thing?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    It's probably just bluster, but yes, it's happened in club football...

Depends on how sophisticated their relative databases are.
    But usually at the point-of-sale or soon afterwards. Or it's said as a general 'deterrent'.

Doubt either FA would have all the applicants on file, so sounds like hot air?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Hi,
    I used the away fans application process on fai.ie for the first time ever, paid €50 deposit, it says application complete but no proof of actually getting tickets yet it seems?! I was assuming getting a ticket was a cert once I had completed that in time. I have a Scottish postal address which I can also use so should I apply for tickets via the SFA?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eL Bettor View Post
    Hi,
    I used the away fans application process on fai.ie for the first time ever, paid €50 deposit, it says application complete but no proof of actually getting tickets yet it seems?! I was assuming getting a ticket was a cert once I had completed that in time. I have a Scottish postal address which I can also use so should I apply for tickets via the SFA?
    The application process is basically a 'show of intent' - it DOES NOT guarantee you a ticket(s). That will depend on the ballot based on the criteria of being a Season Ticket Holder, Vantage Club member, Supporters Club member, Regular Away Traveller etc.. (that list is not complete and is not in any specific order by the way).

Supposedly 10k applications for circa 3,200 tickets at the moment.

If you are unsuccessful, you'll have your 25€ per ticket deposit refunded.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Lads - anyone here get tickets for the scottish end but u have to collect them in person after booking?
    My Country is My Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Aye, my tickets are "collect in person", as are ABs. Plenty of us will have to do the same, despite giving UK addresses. Some seem to have been given the option for postage, but I'm not sure why or how exactly. I know I definitely wasn't given that option as I went on later just to check after I bought our block 115 tickets and the postage option was clearly visible on the later occasion for tickets in another block. In fact, it was selected by default, so it certainly wasn't a case of me having missed it the first time when I was actually purchasing. I assumed that certain blocks must have necessitated collection in person whilst others were fine for postage, but some posters on YBIG have since confirmed they are having block 115 tickets posted out to them. All a bit confusing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Aye, my tickets are "collect in person", as are ABs. Plenty of us will have to do the same, despite giving UK addresses. Some seem to have been given the option for postage, but I'm not sure why or how exactly. I know I definitely wasn't given that option as I went on later just to check after I bought our block 115 tickets and the postage option was clearly visible on the later occasion for tickets in another block. In fact, it was selected by default, so it certainly wasn't a case of me having missed it the first time when I was actually purchasing. I assumed that certain blocks must have necessitated collection in person whilst others were fine for postage, but some posters on YBIG have since confirmed they are having block 115 tickets posted out to them. All a bit confusing...
    Cheers Dan - ye gave U.K addresses - anyone give an Irish Address?
    My Country is My Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Not certain, to be honest. I'm sure some have, but haven't heard any news on how successful Irish addresses were. On the collection of tickets, the SFA confirmed to me via email that they can be picked up at Celtic Park on the day up until kick-off.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Not certain, to be honest. I'm sure some have, but haven't heard any news on how successful Irish addresses were. On the collection of tickets, the SFA confirmed to me via email that they can be picked up at Celtic Park on the day up until kick-off.
    Thks again Dan

Lads i booked tickets in Block 117 (right beside away section) from SFA website -tickets are collect in person and have been booked with an irish address.

I joined the SFA members club before i booked (not sure that will help)

Theres a fair few tickets up there now for sale
    My Country is My Club.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Lads, looks like sections nearest to away support are now on General Sale also. I've just checked the SFA website as well and there are plenty inLL lower and upper in the sections right up to the away section quadrant.

I think this means the Irish wont get an increase in allocation from the 3.2k

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Lads, looks like sections nearest to away support are now on General Sale also. I've just checked the SFA website as well and there are plenty inLL lower and upper in the sections right up to the away section quadrant.

I think this means the Irish wont get an increase in allocation from the 3.2k
    Just got 3 there Junior - risky - but was running out of options
    FYI -Those tickets must be collected in person
    My Country is My Club.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    There'll be no probs botn. We have 8 in a row in block 414 which is further away from the away section. Irish have bought for all blocks in the ground it would seem. I wouldnt be surprised to see 3.2k official + another 6k in home end based on overall expected numbers travelling and on the numbers purchasing tickets on these two forums alone :-)

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Once you have picked your seats. If you select 'Checkout' then you will probably find that you have to pick up in person. However, if you click the 'Basket' link, then you should be able to select from the drop down menu for standard post (£2) or special delivery.

Not sure if you can go back and change a confirmed order (I very much doubt it due to the cost of postage that would need to be charged after it has all gone through) but hopefully this helps for those still thinking of acquiring tickets from SFA.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Once you have picked your seats. If you select 'Checkout' then you will probably find that you have to pick up in person. However, if you click the 'Basket' link, then you should be able to select from the drop down menu for standard post (£2) or special delivery.

Bugger - didnt realise that - have to collect in person
    My Country is My Club.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    Bugger - didnt realise that - have to collect in person
    I have bought two separate lots of tickets. The first lot automatically gave me the option of post. Then I have been reading that the majority who have purchased in the last week all have to pick up in person. I purchased another 2 tickets today and it came up with 'pick up in person' so I had a play around with the site to see if I could find where the option might be and lo and behold.....

27. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast