Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 22nd round LOI - 1st & 2nd August

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    No its not, Some clubs choose to do it and for Europa league/Champions League Games they have to do it because the advertising boards are higher than normal games.

That aside, There was no need for all the barriers in front of the covered seats as these are what caused the problems.
    Yes it is, refer to the FA Stadium Safety Good Practice Guide, don't argue with the facts. The netting caused a few fans to leave their row of seats and try to run down to the front of the stand? Magic netting.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...stadium-safety

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I think Cork had problems with fans of some teams invading the pitch in the pitch. In that case, I can understand why they netted off the front rows.

To be honest the only criticism I have is no toilet facilities for girls and women. However, as said earlier we are in no position to criticise others considering our away facilities.

Turners Cross is a really good stadium and when full, like it was on Friday, it provides an atmosphere like no other stadium in the country.
    Spot on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityRebel View Post
    Yes it is, refer to the FA Stadium Safety Good Practice Guide, don't argue with the facts. The netting caused a few fans to leave their row of seats and try to run down to the front of the stand? Magic netting.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...stadium-safety

Spot on.
    Name me one Premiership game/Championship Game in the last 5 years where the front rows were covered with netting?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Name me one Premiership game/Championship Game in the last 5 years where the front rows were covered with netting?
    I don't watch Premiership or Championship football. Are pitch incursions a big problem in the Premier League? We've had quite a few at the Cross, hence why we follow good practice guidelines to prevent future incursions. Are you going to argue against good practice? It's amazing, like you say, that UEFA allow this dangerous netting to be used in European games.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityRebel View Post
    I don't watch Premiership or Championship football. Are pitch incursions a big problem in the Premier League? We've had quite a few at the Cross, hence why we follow good practice guidelines to prevent future incursions. Are you going to argue against good practice? It's amazing, like you say, that UEFA allow this dangerous netting to be used in European games.
    Why not just do what Sligo do and put Dye on the walls at the front? Solution Solved!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Why not just do what Sligo do and put Dye on the walls at the front? Solution Solved!
    Why would we do that? The walls are pretty low anyway. The netting is a much better solution to pitch incursions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    That paint was ridiculous. Explainable only as the latest stage in Sligo's quest to turn their ground into least enjoyable in the country.
    The netting is shocking too. It's a lazy substitute for proper stewarding and enforcement of stadium regulations.
    Did the Dundalk fans have access to hot food (as per licensing) on Friday night, of out interest?
    There was none at that end when we were down in May, but they let us into the home end. Judging by the video of the match, they had a pile of security not present at our game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    EPL clubs have an endless supply of stewarding to prevent pitch encursions although it doesnt always work. Brendy mentioned it but as opposed to lazy stewarding it is probably due to a lack of resources to provide adaquate cover. The inconsistency of numbers of travelling support doesnt help either i suppose. My own experience is that seats are covered in EPL grounds between opposition fans for segregation. I have yet to see Dundalk fans jump a wall on to the pitch to celebrate a goal, it seems to be a Shams phenomonen, but i shall never say never!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    EPL clubs have an endless supply of stewarding to prevent pitch encursions although it doesnt always work. Brendy mentioned it but as opposed to lazy stewarding it is probably due to a lack of resources to provide adaquate cover. The inconsistency of numbers of travelling support doesnt help either i suppose. My own experience is that seats are covered in EPL grounds between opposition fans for segregation. I have yet to see Dundalk fans jump a wall on to the pitch to celebrate a goal, it seems to be a Shams phenomonen, but i shall never say never!
    Going by pictures I have seen on twitter through the season Dundalk fans have jumped on the pitch in Oriel a few times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    This season I havent seen it happen. Never said it never happens but it is not habitual. The fence shed side is quite high so would take a good bit of effort by which time stewards are there. With improved security many such issues have been put a stop to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    This season I havent seen it happen. Never said it never happens but it is not habitual. The fence shed side is quite high so would take a good bit of effort by which time stewards are there. With improved security many such issues have been put a stop to.
    Aye,you'll get the odd one off his head agit trying to be a hero in front of his mates and never makes it type but thats really all.Don't be minding some of our fans Twitter
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I'm pretty sure at least one would have made it onto the pitch last Friday night had we not had the mesh and stewards across the front.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I'm pretty sure at least one would have made it onto the pitch last Friday night had we not had the mesh and stewards across the front.
    I'd say you are right. Last minute winners in big games.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Going by pictures I have seen on twitter through the season Dundalk fans have jumped on the pitch in Oriel a few times.
    Those are Shamrock Rovers fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Those are Shamrock Rovers fans.
    I was wondering where some of your support had vanished to. Bandwagon jumpers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567