Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Under-17 Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Beaten by a nice goal. Thought Kelleher looked a composed keeper otherwise.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Usual story, our choice of option when we get into the final third is awful and we can't score goals, 3 games with zero goals tells it's own story.

That said, we play decent football in the lower two thirds of the pitch and battle hard till the final whistle. Weren't outclassed in any games against countries at the top end of European football. There's a great attitude in the team and a few decent prospects. Jury out on whether any will make the grade.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Usual story, our choice of option when we get into the final third is awful and we can't score goals, 3 games with zero goals tells it's own story.

That said, we play decent football in the lower two thirds of the pitch and battle hard till the final whistle. Weren't outclassed in any games against countries at the top end of European football. There's a great attitude in the team and a few decent prospects. Jury out on whether any will make the grade.
    Very true. We have some top prospects - I can see all the fuss about Masterson. He looks really good and kelleher looks very good.

It shows though that we really need a creative midfielder and a striker to break through. Hopefully Jack Byrne and grealish

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Very true. We have some top prospects - I can see all the fuss about Masterson. He looks really good and kelleher looks very good.

It shows though that we really need a creative midfielder and a striker to break through. Hopefully Jack Byrne and grealish
    Well done to them nice football and were competitive in all games. Fair play to eurosport for showing them. As far as I know tabi who looks a fine prospect and scully are underage next season as well

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post

Masterson looks a very good player and really stood out. My only reservation is he's physically more developed than most players his age and will need to continue that if/when his peers catch up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    We should so start a thread on this guy: (Connor Ronan)

http://www.thestar.ie/star/connor-ro...missing-62307/

He already switched allegiance already, so that wont come into play in about 3-4 years from now

Ronan explained: “Both my grandparents on my dad’s side are Irish. My granddad (Liam) is from Kilkenny and my grandma (Veronica) is from Galway.
    “Going away with England, that went well. But when I was away with England I knew I was going away with Ireland the week after, so it was just to see what it was like.
    “I wanted to get an experience and to see which one I’d prefer to play for.”
    It wasn’t long before he realised that he wanted to line out for the Boys in Green.
    “It’s the atmosphere in the group. With Ireland, it felt like more of a team,” he said.
    “Everyone is more together, and you feel more involved
    .”
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Mikey Drennan said something similar about Jack Grealish's experience when he joined up with Ireland compared to England - he enjoyed his time with the squad much more. We may not be great at football but we are, at least, sound.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Conor Ronan was joint top scorer, and voted second best player, as Wolves won the Bitzer Cup in Germany on penalties
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Mikey Drennan said something similar about Jack Grealish's experience when he joined up with Ireland compared to England - he enjoyed his time with the squad much more. We may not be great at football but we are, at least, sound.
    Ya wont get a winners medal in the "World Craic Cup" with England Jack
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    under 17 squad for first round qualifiers http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irela...alifying-round

a new face in there from sweden I think. Great to see liverpools mccauley in

The mallon lad is a new face seems he is a northern boy welcome aboard

The lad with the swedish club was in swedish under 17 squad this summer
    Last edited by liamoo11; 22/09/2015 at 7:35 PM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Didn't realise there were so many players that had grown ineligible: Ronan, Masterson, Scully. I think I've confirmed this because neither Scully nor Ronan are in the England under 17 squad!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Didn't realise there were so many players that had grown ineligible: Ronan, Masterson, Scully. I think I've confirmed this because neither Scully nor Ronan are in the England under 17 squad!
    think scully is still eligible but injured. Tabi from arsenal who played in the europeans last season is stll eligible but hasnt been involved unfortunately I thought he looked a class footballer maybe he has switched back

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    think scully is still eligible but injured. Tabi from arsenal who played in the europeans last season is stll eligible but hasnt been involved unfortunately I thought he looked a class footballer maybe he has switched back
    Browning's twitter states he's an Ireland under 15 so he must have switched back to us.

Am I right in saying that Ronan is now tied to us having played for both Ireland and England in official qualifiers? Looks to be an excellent prospect to have tied down.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Browning's twitter states he's an Ireland under 15 so he must have switched back to us.

Am I right in saying that Ronan is now tied to us having played for both Ireland and England in official qualifiers? Looks to be an excellent prospect to have tied down.
    Don think Ronan played competitive for brits so tink he could switch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    under 17 squad for first round qualifiers http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irela...alifying-round

a new face in there from sweden I think. Great to see liverpools mccauley in

The mallon lad is a new face seems he is a northern boy welcome aboard

The lad with the swedish club was in swedish under 17 squad this summer
    LUKAS is from Stockholm and has a Swedish mother and Irish father. He played with a club called IF Brommapojkarna in Sweden. He moved to Dublin last year and established himself with St Kevin's Boys. He was named in the squad for the friendlies against Turkey and Holland in February 2014.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Tyreke Wilson is with Manchester City, unless this has changed recently?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Tyreke Wilson is with Manchester City, unless this has changed recently?
    Yeah same as mccauley they dont have him down as liverpool either say its just mistake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Live stream of this afternoon's qualifier against Finland: http://huuhkaja.tv/?huu=CD7E398F
    Kick off at 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Finished 1-0 to Ireland, captain Molumby with the goal: http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irela...th-finnish-win
    in the other game in the group, Sweden beat Malta 5-1: http://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2...885/index.html

In the next round of games, Ireland play Malta and Sweden face Finland, before the final round of games on Tuesday.

Top two go through to the Elite round.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Live stream of this morning's qualifier against Malta: http://huuhkaja.tv/?huu=608677F2

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast