Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clubs move into Collective Profit

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Well i don't think one or two seasons will have an impact but if you have at least five years of the same and possibly one year where every club makes a profit, then that could be described as a league about to turn a corner.
    The trend is certainly going in that direction. I'd also imagine most of the clubs losing money are in the First Division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    If the cost of renting Thomand out for a year is taken into account next year I have a funny feeling they wont be able to write such a glowing statement

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I doubt they'll be paying much more than if they were renting Tallaght or Dalymount, for instance. The size of the ground is virtually irrelevant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    How much doe's it cost to rent Tallaght and was any cash figure ever given for what Lims will pay Munster Rugby for the rental of Thomond Park for the season?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Harps made a profit of ~33k in 2012.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    How much doe's it cost to rent Tallaght and was any cash figure ever given for what Lims will pay Munster Rugby for the rental of Thomond Park for the season?
    It's six figures, I'm not sure what the exact number is. I don't know what Limerick are paying and whether that includes security arrangements and maintenance, but I'd imagine it's all in. Limerick's case has been aided by the fact Munster are being forced to drastically cut costs and were probably willing to bend over backwards to accommodate Limerick. I wouldn't be hugely surprised if, assuming Limerick stay up, that the ground-share doesn't last longer than just a season.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I wouldn't be hugely surprised if, assuming Limerick stay up, that the ground-share doesn't last longer than just a season.
    I wouldn't be surprised either if it lasts longer. There could be a good chance Markets Field wouldn't be ready by the start of the 2014 season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The trend is certainly going in that direction. I'd also imagine most of the clubs losing money are in the First Division.
    I'd be almost certain that we made a loss last season. Decent budget at start of season but supporters becoming discontent with Matthews and pathetic performances from rubbish players lead to bad crowds and lack of sponsorship. Not sure what were the terms for the takeover were but would imagine that any debts were not cleared until after the new year when takeover became official.

On the flip side, I'd be surprised if we don't turn a profit this year. Really good buzz around the place not felt since the season we were promoted, lots of sponsorship and a team playing attractive football (and not being beaten every game) should have the crowds back too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    I'd be almost certain that we made a loss last season. Decent budget at start of season but supporters becoming discontent with Matthews and pathetic performances from rubbish players lead to bad crowds and lack of sponsorship. Not sure what were the terms for the takeover were but would imagine that any debts were not cleared until after the new year when takeover became official.

On the flip side, I'd be surprised if we don't turn a profit this year. Really good buzz around the place not felt since the season we were promoted, lots of sponsorship and a team playing attractive football (and not being beaten every game) should have the crowds back too.
    And to think ye didnt even repond to Baraclough's interest in the managers job and gave it to McCaffery instead. Things could have been different for both of our clubs last season.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    And to think ye didnt even repond to Baraclough's interest in the managers job and gave it to McCaffery instead. Things could have been different for both of our clubs last season.
    In fairness if McCaffery walked in to the Sligo job with everything on a plate for him he wouldn't have faired to bad either.

This season is where Baraclough will prove his worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post

Is there any figures been mentioned about season ticket sales? I know for the Xmas rush they said they had near enough matched what was sold in 2012 ie around 250!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Possibly. Would have been a much more difficult job at Dundalk than Sligo last season though. Sligo were already a very good established side whereas Dundalk had no players signed. He certainly wouldn't have done a worse job though that's for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised either if it lasts longer. There could be a good chance Markets Field wouldn't be ready by the start of the 2014 season.
    I think the biggest danger is a situation like Salthill, where Limerick just end up going back to Jackman Park next year and the FAI turn a blind eye to it.

They could claim developments are underway and it's a stop-gap, I think this has been used as an excuse for poor facilities by clubs before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    I think the biggest danger is a situation like Salthill, where Limerick just end up going back to Jackman Park next year and the FAI turn a blind eye to it.

They could claim developments are underway and it's a stop-gap, I think this has been used as an excuse for poor facilities by clubs before.
    What do you mean, that clubs with Salthills facilities are accepted as ok? I kinda have to agree with you there. Drom is the graveyard of ambition, not just because its like an MSL, LSL ground but because its in the absolute end of nowhere. Its amazing that there is a team competing from there and not from say Carlow, Tralee, Mulligar, any reasonably sized town in Ireland.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    What do you mean, that clubs with Salthills facilities are accepted as ok? I kinda have to agree with you there. Drom is the graveyard of ambition, not just because its like an MSL, LSL ground but because its in the absolute end of nowhere. Its amazing that there is a team competing from there and not from say Carlow, Tralee, Mulligar, any reasonably sized town in Ireland.
    Yeah I meant in that sense, and also in the sense that Salthill were moved to Terryland and marketed as SDG last year, then just back to Drom this year with not a word said.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see Limerick being allowed to just slip quietly back to Jackman if Thomond isn't working out for them, and Market's Field seems to be a pipe dream at this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    There is no reason on earth why Limerick would slip quietly back to Jackman.

Don't get me wrong, I can see us in Thomond for the next 25 years, but there's no way we'll ever be in Jackman again.*

*until such a time as we are relegated, but then Jackman would be fine anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnville Hoop View Post
    In fairness if McCaffery walked in to the Sligo job with everything on a plate for him he wouldn't have faired to bad either.
    He would've. He was absolutely clueless in dealing with (semi) professional adult players. Complete spoofer
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnville Hoop View Post

This season is where Baraclough will prove his worth.
    Cant agree with that. He's prove his worth. Arriving two days before the season starts and coaching/ managing a team to league title with half the season the bench full of u19s is proof enough for me. Whatever happens this season. I dont get how people can say this, some of our fans too.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    If Salthill can keep a team in the LOI, then lots of other towns in the country should be able to field clubs/teams as well. Will Limerick be paying 2k plus per game for Thomand? There is no reason that the likes of Pats and Shels need to have their own ground either and they could share with their neighbours in Dublin. Dalymount could be restored (and the Zurick bank paid/settled with) and Tallagh could be further developed. Also I think a club should base itself down in that nice stadium in Ringsend, Irishtown I think it is called.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    If There is no reason that the likes of Pats and Shels need to have their own ground either and they could share with their neighbours in Dublin. Dalymount could be restored (and the Zurick bank paid/settled with) and Tallagh could be further developed.
    Pats couldn't afford to pay rent 30-35 times a year. So we'll stick to our own stadium for the next little while
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast