Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2012/13

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cant see Shannonside doing much this season having lost Power, O'Donnell and manager to NCW. Unless they strengthen significantly but have heard little noise from their camp. Big movers appear to be NCW and Broadford. Two horse race for league and both cups.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nowayref View Post
    Cant see Shannonside doing much this season having lost Power, O'Donnell and manager to NCW. Unless they strengthen significantly but have heard little noise from their camp. Big movers appear to be NCW and Broadford. Two horse race for league and both cups.
    Welcome to foot.ie nowayref, I see you are trying to get info from the shannonside lads by your two posts in over an hour about losing the managers and apparently 2 players. I suppose first off, better manager in place now, second, it is my understanding that the forms are not even out yet so technically nobody has left shannonside and signed for Newcastle, third, you are possibly right about the league but you cannot say a two horse race for the two cups, cup football is all about on the day, look at what shannonside did in the two cup finals last year, nobody had given them a chance but yet came out with both, fourth and final point, 2 players don't make a team, if Shannonside lose both of these players you are talking about, they will be replaced with other players.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll View Post
    Welcome to foot.ie nowayref, I see you are trying to get info from the shannonside lads by your two posts in over an hour about losing the managers and apparently 2 players. I suppose first off, better manager in place now, second, it is my understanding that the forms are not even out yet so technically nobody has left shannonside and signed for Newcastle, third, you are possibly right about the league but you cannot say a two horse race for the two cups, cup football is all about on the day, look at what shannonside did in the two cup finals last year, nobody had given them a chance but yet came out with both, fourth and final point, 2 players don't make a team, if Shannonside lose both of these players you are talking about, they will be replaced with other players.
    Who is the new Shannonside manager? NCW were very poor by the end of last season so it would require major rebuilding to challenge for anything imo! Abbey looking stronger already but a lot depends on the gaa!
    Anyone from Carrig, killeaney,Rathkeale,NCW Rovers & Glin for relegation! Any decent friendly matches worth going to over the next week?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Appreciate the welcome KnowItAll. Apologies for the double post. I will concede that 2 players dont make a team but from what I saw of Shannonside in the cups last season I cant see them doing much without those 2 players. It won't be easy to replace that type of quality. I am not aware of the new management but if as you say it is better than the outgoing managers that brought 2 cups to the club then they must be exceptional considering the team have yet to play a competitive match.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Well lads hows pre season going in the desmond lge? any news from broadford,any new signings?who bare the shside managers? i heard it was confirmed last nite to play fri sun fri sun for 1st 4 games,Alot of teams could be out of the running by there 5th game.i understand why they do this in strong leagues bcos of teams going to latter stages of fai and provincal cups but no need for it in small lge like desmond lge.if managment committee could run it properly there would not be a prob with backlog at end of season.its only 18 team lge and takes 9 and half months to get it finished,mind boggling.these two wks will be extremly tough on youth players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Talking to a lad during the week, Ballysteen have 38 players signed for the coming season, they are expecting to walk Division 2, their only fear is a number of the team play Gaelic Football and they could be missing players for the start of the season if games clash as Gaelic will take preference there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Joe View Post
    Talking to a lad during the week, Ballysteen have 38 players signed for the coming season, they are expecting to walk Division 2, their only fear is a number of the team play Gaelic Football and they could be missing players for the start of the season if games clash as Gaelic will take preference there.

Why doesnt Balysteen just join with Askeaton? where did they find 38 players?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I heard a rumor today that Tony Quaid is signing for Janesboro,power & o'donnell both staying with shannonside. Quaid would be a huge loss to ncw and the league in general imo. Rathkeale are struggling going by recent friendly results. Ballysteen for the Desmond cup so.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Will it just be Premier games on the Friday nights at the start ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    Well lads hows pre season going in the desmond lge? any news from broadford,any new signings?who bare the shside managers? i heard it was confirmed last nite to play fri sun fri sun for 1st 4 games,Alot of teams could be out of the running by there 5th game.i understand why they do this in strong leagues bcos of teams going to latter stages of fai and provincal cups but no need for it in small lge like desmond lge.if managment committee could run it properly there would not be a prob with backlog at end of season.its only 18 team lge and takes 9 and half months to get it finished,mind boggling.these two wks will be extremly tough on youth players.
    Did Broadford sign those lads from Kilmallock, Did Kelleher and Hurley stay with Abbey and NCW after playing with Broadford. Newcastle look like they have no one signed and If Tony Quaid has left they would be even weaker than last year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Fixtures

Saturday, August 18th

Youths Division 1 (all at 2.30pm)

Abbeyfeale Utd V Kilcornan (J. Roche)
    Newcastle West Rovers V Adare Utd (B. Nash)
    Broadford Utd V Newcastle West (P. Manning)

Youths Division 2 (all at 2.30pm)
    Breska Rovers V Feenagh (P. O’Connor)
    Bally Rovers V Carrig Celtic (J. Molyneaux)
    Pallaskenry V Ferry Rangers (E. Barrett)
    Creeves Celtic V Glantine (S. Hartnett)
    St. Itas V Askeaton (P. King)

Friday, August 24th (all at 6.30pm)

Weekly Observer Premier Division
    Broadford Utd V Rathkeale
    Abbeyfeale Utd V Newcastle West
    Newcastle West Rovers V Glin Rovers
    Shannonside FC V Killeaney
    Carrig Celtic V Ballingarry

Weekly Observer Division 1
    Breska Rovers V Rockhill Rovers
    Askeaton V St. Itas
    Kilcornan V Kildimo Utd
    Glantine V Adare Utd
    Old Mill V Athea Utd
    Last edited by western gale; 13/08/2012 at 2:00 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by western gale View Post
    Saturday, August 18th

Youths Division 1 (all at 2.30pm)

Abbeyfeale Utd V Kilcornan (J. Roche)
    Newcastle West Rovers V Adare Utd (B. Nash)
    Broadford Utd V Newcastle West (P. Manning)

Youths Division 2 (all at 2.30pm)
    Breska Rovers V Feenagh (P. O’Connor)
    Bally Rovers V Carrig Celtic (J. Molyneaux)
    Pallaskenry V Ferry Rangers (E. Barrett)
    Creeves Celtic V Glantine (S. Hartnett)
    St. Itas V Askeaton (P. King)

Friday, August 24th (all at 6.30pm)

Weekly Observer Premier Division
    Broadford Utd V Rathkeale
    Abbeyfeale Utd V Newcastle West
    Newcastle West Rovers V Glin Rovers
    Shannonside FC V Killeaney
    Carrig Celtic V Ballingarry

Weekly Observer Division 1
    Breska Rovers V Rockhill Rovers
    Askeaton V St. Itas
    Kilcornan V Kildimo Utd
    Glantine V Adare Utd
    Old Mill V Athea Utd
    No real stand out matches in the opening fames of the premier.
    It will be interesting to see how Carrig get on against Ballingarry. Other than that you would expect Newcastle to beat what is sure to be a depleted Abbey side. They could well be an outsider for relegation this year because of football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    No real stand out matches in the opening fames of the premier.
    It will be interesting to see how Carrig get on against Ballingarry. Other than that you would expect Newcastle to beat what is sure to be a depleted Abbey side. They could well be an outsider for relegation this year because of football.

Why whats up with Abbeyfeale this year?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer8 View Post
    Why whats up with Abbeyfeale this year?
    It looks like they will win football, maybe NCW will also struggle because of this but I think they may have a stronger contingent of non gaa players.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Abbeyfeale will be ok I reckon.
    So what are the predictions?
    I'll go for: Winner : Shannonside
    2nd: Broadford
    Relegated: Rathkeale & Killeaney
    Promoted: St. Ita's & Kildimo.
    Best of luck to all the teams for the season ahead.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It seems a number of clubs will struggle for players for the first few games with Gaa commitments. The Gaa season seems to be getting longer every year I wonder is there a hidden agenda behind this. The u21
    championship still has to be played when senior and minor are over.
    When you think about the whole set up lads a teams season could be defined in 4 weeks
    1st 2 weeks 4 games
    Last 2 weeks 4 games
    Half your season played during these weeks and hit nd miss for the rest of the season
    I'm afraid the standard will continue to drop if these issues are'nt addressed in the coming seasons
    To many people with the power with there head in the sand !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shannonside have lost 2 great players. Gained a new manager. Its between NCW and Broadford this season. Shannonside might cahllenge if they can keep the young fellas off the liquor. Their B team has a few handy young fellas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bang on. I thought they'd **** it 2 seasons ago but they well and trully threw it away. I think they thought they had it won mid season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Snafu is right, the refs have it tough and they get a lot of abuse i hope they ger treated a bit better this campaign and decisions swing in roundabouts!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Who have shannonside lost & have ncw signed some new players I wasn't aware of any?

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast