Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick v Ramblers

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Limerick v Ramblers

Lads, commiserations on last nights loss, I'm sorry it was Limerick we knocked out as i've always great time for ye and I admired the fighting display your team produced last night given your injuries etc.
    Just a couple things, I found it very sad to see a group of 20 or 30 junior players training on the back pitch. I am sure there are many fine junior players who would love to play but this 18 month rule by the LDMC is petty.
    I was wondering if you ever considered fighting this rule at either FAI level or even further as I am sure this rule contravenes free movement of labour etc.
    The other thing was perhaps your supporters club should think about starting a Lotto, you would need the committment of 10/15 guys on a weekly basis and before long it could generate much needed revenue for your club, I know that our own S.C in Cobh has contibuted around €175,000 to the club in the last decade or so.
    Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season and see you all Saturday week in Cobh.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Id like to second what Michael has said. Get a bus together and come to Cobh .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

nice ideas

but we cant do a lotto as we use pike rovers facilities and they do a lottto so we would be in competition with them so thats out. the 18 month rule is being dealt with by the fai on a national level as in say 6 month ruling for all ireland. I thinkthe fai are trying not to upset the LDMC on this one.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it was like watching a MSL game watchin limerick at some points last night.....keeper out field,2 subs,no stand etc etc....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhrambler 16
    it was like watching a MSL game watchin limerick at some points last night.....keeper out field,2 subs,no stand etc etc....
    Christ are you still dripping all over the fcuking carpet. like I said -back into your pond with you.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    your an embarrasment to the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    SLK, any chance something can be done about all these petty squabbles. I'm all for a good ruck, but a constructive one that everyone can join in on, not a schoolground na-ne na-ne na- na

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhrambler 16
    Well, i don't know of too many clubs with stands in the MSL but I actually think you are being kind. The lack of bodies and goalie situation wouldn't happen in the MSL. It probably wouldn't happen in the AUL. Those are facts. We can give out to this fella all we want but what he is saying is right (this time).

It is embarrassing. Shame on the adminstrators of the club and shame on the "sports-mad" people of Limerick.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ye should have a huge fan base in limerick,and there should be fan's comining in from around the south-west region.

its a shame ye don't have more support as ye have the potential ta.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    Well, i don't know of too many clubs with stands in the MSL but I actually think you are being kind. The lack of bodies and goalie situation wouldn't happen in the MSL. It probably wouldn't happen in the AUL. Those are facts. We can give out to this fella all we want but what he is saying is right (this time).

It is embarrassing. Shame on the adminstrators of the club and shame on the "sports-mad" people of Limerick.
    Totally agree with LFC in Exile and cobhramblers16 on this one. The comments are fair and to be honest I don't think they were designed to provoke much of a reaction, just an observation on things. Any criticism should to be directed to those running the club (if they had an address to be contacted at...)
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i wasn't tryin to provoke anyone.