Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ahhh ..... Why no Cobh or Tralee ??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Cobh and Tralee were victims of what Fran Gavin, Eamonn Naughton and the rest of the FAI have got themselves into in Galway. Nothing to do with 3 clubs in Galway either. A disgrace of an association.
    What is it then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Cobh and Tralee were victims of what Fran Gavin, Eamonn Naughton and the rest of the FAI have got themselves into in Galway. Nothing to do with 3 clubs in Galway either. A disgrace of an association.
    Come on, spill the beans ... whats happened?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I've been to Salthill. It's good for chips and not much else. What else could Eamon and Fran gotten up to there?
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I would have no problem with FAI setting standards/requirements for any new club trying to gain admittance tothe League, and dont think most would. What is annoying/frustrating is the perception that the standards/requirements applied by FAI vary depending on who is applying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Come on, spill the beans ... whats happened?
    The suggestion (I assume) is that the FAI have made it an 8 team league because it gives them an excuse to ignore the GUST application, since a precedent of accepting late applications was set with Derry 2 years ago, and not because of any 'standards' as they claim.

It seems pretty plausible given that Mervue and Salthill in recent times were granted licenses with lower standard grounds than Cobh and though I haven't seen Tralee's ground it can't be any worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Has it not been established beyond reasonable doubt that they made it 8 teams because the FAI don't believe Tralee will have to money to survive the season, while Cobh still don't have the tax cert. I'm just saying this because people keep bringing up random other reasons too! In Cobh's case they don't really have a leg to stand on until the unpaid player wages sorted, which as far as I'm aware still is outstanding? I wonder why they never just started from scratch like the rest (Cork/Derry for example) did thou..?

I think they should have waited until after the licencing process was finished to announce league format and fixtures, and had the licences sorted a fortnight ago, Common sense is the work of the devil in the FAI's eyes it seems.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 06/02/2012 at 1:27 PM.

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    Unless there is another trick up their sleeve and they are looking to shaft one of the 8 teams in licensing. Nothing can be ruled out!
    That will be us. Obviously.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Tralee's bugets was prudent. Remember they played in the A championship for 3 years travelling all over the country surely that would have helped the calculations. Tralee could easily achieved what was expected of them and would bring a new dimension to the league too. The goalposts were moved.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dynamos View Post
    Tralee's bugets was prudent. Remember they played in the A championship for 3 years travelling all over the country surely that would have helped the calculations. Tralee could easily achieved what was expected of them and would bring a new dimension to the league too. The goalposts were moved.......

Remember they didn't play teams in the Northern Half of the country in that too.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Given that Tralee would have been playing twice the number of games, and as Mr A said, doing far more travel, I seriously hope you didn't just plan for this season using an A Championship budget.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Was there much backing coming from the business' in Kerry sponosorship wise?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    And look where that has got the club. Tralee Dynamos are a club with no money, pretty limited facilities and no support base. How could the club survive with a team in the LOI. The clubs venture into the A-Championship has severely knocked the club back - instead they should have invested their limited resources into badly needed facilities such as all-weather pitches. Many junior clubs in Kerry have much better facilities than Dynamos like all weather pitches for example.

The FAI are no fools and know too well that the first division was a step too far for the club. Kerry needs LOI football but not via 1 club, we need a kerry league team in the LOI that will be supported by all clubs. And thats some way away yet in my opinion!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Todays Game

Galway United play Tralee Dynamos at Terryland Park this evening at 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Galway United play Tralee Dynamos at Terryland Park this evening at 6
    As in GUST/FC? What kinda squad is there Terry?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    As in GUST/FC? What kinda squad is there Terry?
    That's an U19 game.
    Last edited by adamd164; 11/02/2012 at 10:46 AM.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrysock View Post
    And look where that has got the club. Tralee Dynamos are a club with no money, pretty limited facilities and no support base. How could the club survive with a team in the LOI. The clubs venture into the A-Championship has severely knocked the club back - instead they should have invested their limited resources into badly needed facilities such as all-weather pitches. Many junior clubs in Kerry have much better facilities than Dynamos like all weather pitches for example.

The FAI are no fools and know too well that the first division was a step too far for the club. Kerry needs LOI football but not via 1 club, we need a kerry league team in the LOI that will be supported by all clubs. And thats some way away yet in my opinion!

Thats just not true in fairness.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Thats just not true in fairness.
    Whats not true?... Im only saying it as it is.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Kerrysock backup your statements with facts....no need to continue to do the hatchet job on Tralee Dynamos. We are a small club doing our best to establish ourselves in National League football. We shouldn't be constantly knocked down for that. Enjoy our Under 19s 5 wins on the trot 20 goals scored in the bargain. Find fault with that you have with everything else....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Kerrysock backup your statements with facts....no need to continue to do the hatchet job on Tralee Dynamos. We are a small club doing our best to establish ourselves in National League football. We shouldn't be constantly knocked down for that. Enjoy our Under 19s 5 wins on the trot 20 goals scored in the bargain. Find fault with that you have with everything else....
    If it helps 1dynamos, kerrysock comes across (to me at least) as somebody with an agenda and an axe to grind.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    No agenda here at all, just saying it what everyone I know is thinking on the ground in kerry at the moment.
    I am all for a kerry team in the LOI but I just think dynamos going alone is not going to work.
    Lots of people posting here seem to be posting blindly without checking in with reality!

I will back it up with facts, 1dynamos can you answer the following? (Or will you keep dodging these facts):

1. Why were dynamos a-championship attendances so poor? Answer - because support base is very small.

2. Why are dynamos falling behind other kerry clubs in terms of facilities? Answer - because the money available to the club is being invested in national competitions instead of facilities

3. Why were dynamos omitted from the LOI this year? Answer - because the finances simply are not there

Again, I am not trying to condemn dynamos, I just think they need to change direction i.e. drop back to KDL, invest in grassroots (i.e. facilities etc) and try to become kerrys best junior side again. Dynamos have done an awful lot for kerry soccer, but kerry soccer needs them back in my view just as much as dynamos need kerry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast