Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Meanwhile, back in the real world

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Meanwhile, back in the real world

Did ye see that St. Pats have put all their players up for sale, because of financial problems. Sounds like relegation could well be a reality this season for them. Am I right in thinking only one team gets relegated, and three come up automatically this year to make a 12 team premier again?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    unfortunately and regrettably the league will be reverting to a 3 game system with 12 teams.....33 game league, you're having a laugh......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-G
    Did ye see that St. Pats have put all their players up for sale, because of financial problems. Sounds like relegation could well be a reality this season for them. Am I right in thinking only one team gets relegated, and three come up automatically this year to make a 12 team premier again?
    yes your right in thinking that. im thinking that only 1 relegation place might be our saving grace this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Its prob Pats V Longford for the play off position at the moment Derry are flying at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc
    Its prob Pats V Longford for the play off position at the moment Derry are flying at the moment.
    Dublin City arent out of it yet, if they get a bit of luck (which they prob deserve !) they could well make a real fight out of it. Longford and Pats need to be very careful !

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    AAGGHH, 33 matches, with this poxy rotation of 2 home games and 1 away, I would be of the opinion that this cost us at least one league title in recent years when we had the two aways against St Pats (rem when Dave Barry was still in charge and we were on a great run till the first away game to Pats which we lost 2-0).
    Is there any chance of 'third' matches being played on neutral territory I wonder. Won't hold my breath.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc
    im open for corection here but i dont think there is a play off this year. i think its just the bottom team go down and the top 3 in the first division go up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    No play-off this year.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    thats right, no play off...but i'm not worried, we are kicking into gear just as we did this time last season and all will be fine at the flansiro, another cup final to look forward to as well and maybe even another trip away in august !!!!!
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Alright Ali-G - met Dolan last night in Dublin and he was with Charlie Livingstone. Was saying that Livingstone is being treated appallingly by Pats - after all the "Pats is one big family" ****e when he first got injured. Dolan might have a bit of an agenda here, but he seemed to be genuinely upset about it. The club seems to be going down the jax anyway
    Mick D. for Ireland!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    dloan in dublin last night, was he not a corks match with leeds afc ???? as someone who lives in inchicore and meet pats fans every day, i can say that charile is loved there and that the club did a very hounourable thing by keeping him on as a community officer.

by the way who was the one that spend all the money to send them down the jax, a certain mr dolan maybe ????
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    dloan in dublin last night, was he not a corks match with leeds afc ???? as someone who lives in inchicore and meet pats fans every day, i can say that charile is loved there and that the club did a very hounourable thing by keeping him on as a community officer.

by the way who was the one that spend all the money to send them down the jax, a certain mr dolan maybe ????
    who gave it him??

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ya know him he can make sh1t sound good, a born sales man !!!! but ur right the board didn't help.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dolan was in Dublin last night alright. I know how much Charlie is loved by the Pats fans - and by most other National League fans too. Just maybe the club's board haven't been as loyal as it seems... They wouldn't be the first club to let down former players.
    Mick D. for Ireland!