Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Harps-Limerick...

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,233 Posts

Harps-Limerick...

Apparently, Limerick were so stuck for players that they only brought one sub - a keeper. One of their defenders then got injured, hobbled around for a while before coming off for the sub keeper, who went in nets and the other keeper went up front!!! And after all that, they then went and pulled a goal back before Harps killed the game! Wonder has anything like that ever happened before?!

Limerick were also playing in Harps' kit. It's sad to compare this to the thread in the Limerick forum about them taking the lead against Real Madrid in the first leg of a European competition in front of 6,000 people only 20 years ago...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Jesus, its a sad state of affairs...ye wouldnt get it in junior leagues. I really hope that Limerick can get themselves sorted somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Is it true that if Limerick dont win the League Cup that they will no longer exist?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its generally accepted that Limerick Junior soccer is one of the strongest Leagues in Ireland yet when the Junior season was finished not one player was asked to sign by Limerick...Fairview have won 6 out of the last 8 FAI junior cups and played in the FAI senior cup without being embarrassed by anybody...indeed they beat Dublin City 4-1 only to lose to Harps 2-0 with it being one nil with a couple of minutes to go...yet none of these players have been approached..there are 4-5 Limerick players that would not get on the Fairview starting 11..its a sad state of affairs but they have nobody to blame but themselves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

agree on most

I agree it is sad but more embarrassing for us true Limerick fans who have to watch as our club is run into the ground. But firstly, with the kits. Harps had to wear the pike rovers kits when they came down earlier in the season so ****-ups can happen on both sides there. The 18 month rule imposed on all players wanting to play EL football by the ruling local body the LDMC is the main reason limerick don’t have good if any Limerick stars playing with them. But as I said it’s totally crap the state we are in and believe me 6,000 people to see us that day in Dublin was poor. 48,000 turned up for the away leg, we were getting regular 10,000 in the markets field and 19,000 saw limerick play spurs in ’81 in Thomond park in a friendly…and between 10-17,000 to see us play Young Boys Berne, Torino, Southampton, AZ Alkmaar…..ahh nosebleed!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Harps- Limerick

The f**k up at the Pike Rovers ground was slightly different. Harps arrived with an all blue kit and an all white kit, and Limerick were wearing all blue (or was it all white). Anyway, there was basically no clash of colours whatsoever yet amazingly the ref decided there was! I'm not saying Harps are above these errors (the previous time we player down there the supporters had to bring the only keeper from Claregalway as the team bus left him behind ) but on that occasion it was a stupid ref, not Harps at fault.

Sometimes I wonder if Limerick losing league status for a bit my force the poeple of the city to get their act together and put the club on the footing it deserves, as the current set-up seems to be going absolutely nowhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    The 6,000 at the real Madrid game was a mid week wednesday night in Dublin with a boycott.

We got 5,000-6,000 the previous season for most home league games and filled the Marketsfuield - 10,000 for the Southampton game the following year.
    We also outnumbered Bohs fans at the 82 Cup Final by a considerable margin at the neutral venue of Dalymount Park.

Yes the crowds we ar egetting are very poor but there is still huge latent support for football in the city. It is a rugby city and it always will be but many of the rugby crowd will go and support the football team as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    One funny incident from the game was when Limerick scored,the scorer ran up to the Harps crowd and started kissing the crest on his jersey.I think he forgot what shirt he was actually wearing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Da Gull
    Is it true that if Limerick dont win the League Cup that they will no longer exist?
    Don't know where you got that crap from, or are you just trying to rub it in?
    Limerick will definitely exist...league cup win or not.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    One funny incident from the game was when Limerick scored,the scorer ran up to the Harps crowd and started kissing the crest on his jersey.I think he forgot what shirt he was actually wearing!
    maybe he wanted a transfer

joking aside hopfully limerick will get their act together. they are working closley with pike rovers afaik
    Plastic Paddy, Davros, A Face,
    excuse my first 25 posts, thats not what I'm really
    like.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,233 Posts
    That keeper got to play up front against Bray tonight and was sent off for two yellows - second being blocking a goal-kick, ironically! That's another player they're down when the suspension kicks in...

Are there any junior players who would sign at all? (Assuming that they could sign them outside the transfer window on the grounds of extreme circumstances)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Don't know where you got that crap from, or are you just trying to rub it in?
    Limerick will definitely exist...league cup win or not.
    Heard it from an unreliable source but after reading some things about the Pike Rovers ground and about financial trouble I thought that there might be some truth to it, if I were trying to rub it in I wouldn't of put the frown smilie in as it would be sad to see Limerick go outta biz and I would much rather compete against a Limerick team with 11 starters and 5 eligible subs.

On another note as far as attendences go Limerick has the potnetial to be successful, If they were to be promoted (and have a good ground) I bet they would fill it against the likes of Cork and Waterford.