Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New season ticket

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

New season ticket

Its not often we praise the FAI but I think credit is due with this initiative. Prices are far more competitive and I genuinely hope this works for them. And the seven games included in the package, many of them will be far from dead rubber friendlies, you will have at least two qualifiers, perhaps a playoff and very likely a friendly against England.

The Football Association of Ireland today announced that it will cut the price of Vantage and General Admission seats in Aviva Stadium after a consultation process with affiliated leagues and clubs. The ticket price reductions to be introduced through the 2011/12 season ticket (August to August) were made possible by the confirmation of UEFA's centralised television rights agreement that will benefit European associations from 2014.

The announcement was made at a reception in the offices of Clare County Council in Ennis where the Association's AGM will take place in July. FAI CEO John Delaney announced plans to cut the price of Vantage seats for existing holders as a reward scheme for their support as well as details of the Association's new Season Ticket scheme that will include a children's ticket for the first time, guaranteeing seven matches for under16s for just €55.

Adult Season tickets will provide seven matches for €189 in Category B and €270 in Category A, a further 13% discount on single match ticket prices announced earlier this year and up to 30% compared to 2010 general admission ticket prices.

Commenting today, Mr Delaney said:

"The UEFA agreement to centralise television rights from 2014 has given us the ability to reduce ticket prices in the general admission and Vantage areas while remaining on target to repay our commitments to Aviva Stadium in full by 2020. The offer for Vantage seats will be open to existing holders to reward them for their support of Irish football and will enable the purchase additional seats on an annual basis from €300 per annum in Vantage 4. This offer will include access to all home international games, the FAI Cup final and first option on tickets for concerts taking place in the stadium."

The Vantage reward scheme will also apply to V3, €400, V2, €500 and V1, €600 per annum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When and how will we be getting our money back from the 2010/11 season ticket?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    And then there's those of us who block booked with clubs. Grr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Joe View Post
    When and how will we be getting our money back from the 2010/11 season ticket?
    it will be deducted from the cost of the next season ticket. €45 if you have a cat A and €40 if you have a cat B ticket. I think the new cat B tickets, for example, are fully priced at €189 or only €149 if you are already a season ticket holder.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    https://tickets.fai.ie/seasontickets/seasonTicket/intro

189 is before the credit as far as I can see.

Has anyone received a letter from the FAI about this yet? I was told late July is when they will renew our tickets.

Is there a difference between these and BBers, there appears to be............for whatever reason i dont understand.

With reduced prices and the good feel around the Irish team at the present, I think the sales of these should be good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Has anyone received a letter from the FAI about this yet? I was told late July is when they will renew our tickets.
    With reduced prices and the good feel around the Irish team at the present, I think the sales of these should be good.
    i have not anyway but was told about two weeks ago by the ticket office that it was to be sent out around now. I also heard the form has to be sent back by 21st June.
    i was surprised to learn recently that there are only 4,600 season ticket holders. they aim to increase to 15,000 this time. i am not so sure it will sell well as i have read / heard that some current holders wont renew as they cant make all games and can get tickets for any match they want quite easily.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    was on to the ticket office an hour ago trying to renew. letters or mailshots are supposed to be sent out by today so should expect it by monday or tuesday latest. this will contain unique client numbers to renew online. current holders will recieve the discount upon renewal ie show up 149 rather than 189.

Follow the irish through all times good and bad, season ticket saves me a fortune, was paying top rate for most matches through my source when all were sell outs, was guaranteed everygame tho.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Anyone shed any light on what the difference is between the Season Ticket and a Block Booking?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Anyone shed any light on what the difference is between the Season Ticket and a Block Booking?
    season ticket is cheaper but you pay up front. However no real difference as once you continue to buy your ticket you are guaranteed your seat for future games with a season ticket or a block booking.

season ticket also gives you discount on certain things.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    season ticket is cheaper but you pay up front. However no real difference as once you continue to buy your ticket you are guaranteed your seat for future games with a season ticket or a block booking.

season ticket also gives you discount on certain things.
    the season tickets are generally in better seats too.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    just informing i got my mailshot for renewal this morning

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    I just renewed. I see the FAI as a deserving charity!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Stutts I feel the same in that way. My ticket was 180 or something but i would have been happy to pay last years price....
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Stutts I feel the same in that way. My ticket was 180 or something but i would have been happy to pay last years price....
    so called hard core fans on another site complaining that €189 (€27 per match) is too expensive.
    great value in my opinion given we have a great new stadium and a team on the up.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Not meaning this to sound the wrong way, but I can afford it john, perhaps some would be struggling with other things to pay that....I might be thinking differently if I couldn't.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Not meaning this to sound the wrong way, but I can afford it john, perhaps some would be struggling with other things to pay that....I might be thinking differently if I couldn't.
    its value for what it is. whether certain people can afford or not is a different argument

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Mine worked out 149, after the 40 rebate. great value for someone who goes to as many games as I can.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i agree, great value for us true fans going to all games whether they against the likes of canada and china, to horrible november evenings, or slovakia and russia qualifiers. beats the days of paying 80e for a ticket. god bless the season ticket. for the argi match i paid ridicolous money. now for the price i paid forone ticket for a full campaign, the season ticket covers for the two tickets and some change. something the FAI have finally done RIGHT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    But what about those who have pre purchased tickets for this entire campaign? This happens when the last ticket was launched and now its happening again.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rebate

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast