Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick FC 2 Cork City 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Limerick FC 2 Cork City 0

2-0 Whyte and O'Brien in extra time. Must have been sweet.

Any reports folks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

when was the last time Cork beat Limerick?

was it under Sam Allerdyce in 91/2? Not counting the pre season friendly last year like.tonight was sweet though oh the glory. Dolan made excuses on the radio that they wre only using it as a training match which was rich as he had almost his full team out and those who didnt start were rushed on when they went a goal down. I dont think any cork fan who was there will say that Limerick didnt deserve it. thanks cookie

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

re

I'd say it was sweet for cp o brien and for the team.I'd have to miss it of course sounds like it was a good display by the team there has'nt been too many of them this season unfortunatly.Great win and semi-finals here we come.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well done lads! Hope ye go on and win it. What happened with the two players who got sent off?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Handbags stuff a bit of a scuffle in the box Kerley and Murphy who got their marching orders, Ref panicked a little in that situation, it was brewing all over the pitch for a while and probably thought sendings off would end the problems on the field.Thought the lineswoman had a nightmare, but who cares now, we finally won at home, roll on the Galway game, hope Ollie and Jon are back for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    was it under Sam Allerdyce in 91/2? Not counting the pre season friendly last year like.tonight was sweet though oh the glory. Dolan made excuses on the radio that they wre only using it as a training match which was rich as he had almost his full team out and those who didnt start were rushed on when they went a goal down. I dont think any cork fan who was there will say that Limerick didnt deserve it. thanks cookie
    Cork beat us under Noel "loadsofmoney" King in 92/3 - last game of the regular season in Bishopstown. we had beaten them earlier to clinch a top 6 spot at the Cross. I imagine they also beat us in 93/4 during our relegation season but I can't remember the games. Too many painful memories that season.

Still 2 in a row now in competitive matches and 2 cleansheets.

what was the crowd like?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Crowd was small but way above what we have got all season. What a match it had everything. Massive support all the way through and great **** taking of Dolan and his multi million rejects!!!

Damien made the night by kissing Noel O'Connor after the second goal in front of the dugout

The lads were really up for it and hopefully this will kick start the camapign.
    Cork City lads even argued amongst themselves afterwards. It was great to see Brendan Sweeney back , James Sugrue called up to watch and Brendy Hughes was hanging around as well (heres hoping)

John White and Paul were superb at the back and Hartnett looks good in midfield. Dave Conway had the match of his life as well. not to mention CP with a certain point to prove.

Its days like these that makes all the struggling worth while.

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Cork City had about 5 of their regular line-up. It sounded like an exciting match, were the goals good, attendance, etc.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Looks like keeping Home advantage was a good idea

From what I've heard so far it looks like it was a deserved win.
    I'm not trying to make excuses but to be fair it was far from our first eleven out, and I doubt Flynn and Doyler were at full tilt.

Having said that, I wanted to win the League cup, it's about time City got their hands on a trophy. I think we underestmated you.

A few are discounting the competition saying we didn't need the extra fixtures, but since a lot are also arguing it was a weak team who wouldn't have featured in the league anyway, those opinions don't really add up.

Anyway, well done, hope the improved attendance keep coming back.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

cough

yea whatever! Ask any of the cork fans who were there and they'll fill you in on if any of your players didnt try and who tried hardest to win the game. The blues were magic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    yea whatever....The blues were magic.
    Never said they weren't , I said we wanted the win and probably underestimated you, wasn't taken anything from you, so just to repeat...well done on your victory.

trevor
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    Never said they weren't , I said we wanted the win and probably underestimated you, wasn't taken anything from you, so just to repeat...well done on your victory.
    hey tiktok...do you get that name from the cork music collective of years gone by?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    was it under Sam Allerdyce in 91/2?
    limerick beat city in the fai cup in cork on anwful day in winter about 4 r 4yrs back
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor
    hey tiktok...do you get that name from the cork music collective of years gone by?
    no! news to me! interest roused though

there was thread on here before about where names came from, basically, I couldn't get a decent internet email address due to having a common name, and the clock over head was going ticktock ticktock (which strangely enough was taken )

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    Crowd was small but way above what we have got all season. What a match it had everything. Massive support all the way through and great **** taking of Dolan and his multi million rejects!!!

Damien made the night by kissing Noel O'Connor after the second goal in front of the dugout

The lads were really up for it and hopefully this will kick start the camapign.
    Cork City lads even argued amongst themselves afterwards. It was great to see Brendan Sweeney back , James Sugrue called up to watch and Brendy Hughes was hanging around as well (heres hoping)

John White and Paul were superb at the back and Hartnett looks good in midfield. Dave Conway had the match of his life as well. not to mention CP with a certain point to prove.

Its days like these that makes all the struggling worth while.

JohnD
    te-he-he-he
    Growing old is compulsery, but growing up is optional, coz I kissed Noel O'Connor !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcman
    limerick beat city in the fai cup in cork on anwful day in winter about 4 r 4yrs back
    Lads, how could ye forget. The last time Limerick beat Cork City in a competitive game was the last time we played them in a competitive game i.e. the League Cup season 2002. This is our second win in a row over the Feens. We went down to Cork and won 1-0 - cries of "Murphy out" all over the shop.

Of course that season we went on to win the League Cup and finished bottom of the league.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair