Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Finances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts

Club Finances

Robbed from a post by Chris on Orielweb. Spin or fact?

Noel Mooney
    "If I was to tell you of a company in this recession who made a profit of €172,00 last year, would you call that failure?, No you wouldn't. But thats what Dundalk did in 2010. In total 11 of the league's clubs turned over a profit, two of them making more than €100,000, with a third coming very close to that".

"That madness has gone. Full time football is manageable if clubs are sensible. But no industry is going to last if the employer pays way over the odds to their workers. Thats what happened in the Airtricity League. Now, there is a marked improvement". Those improvements are highlighted by the way Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers and Sligo run their Clubs, who between them have generated profits in excess of €500,000 over the past two years.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Noel Mooney is an idiot worthy only of our pity.
    And on that basis the fact that he is telling the truth should be ignored. I mean, perish the thought that Limerick (City, United, FC, 84 or whatever the current manifestation is) would be arsed looking at how those three clubs have achieved and maintained solvency.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Robbed from a post by Chris on Orielweb. Spin or fact?
    Of course it's spin. Some of it may be true though.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    And on that basis the fact that he is telling the truth should be ignored. I mean, perish the thought that Limerick would be arsed looking at how those three clubs have achieved and maintained solvency.
    It's spin, complete and utter garbage, I've seen the way these LoI budget spreadsheet thingys are made out.

As far as the FAI were concerned Limerick made a "profit" of over 250 grand before Jack McCarthy jumped ship.

FACT, as they say on the internet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    ROvers have something like 600k accumulated losses since becominga members club. No doubt at all that last year was their best year ever (financially( and they're heading in the right direction

Dundalk took a few dratic measures 5/6 years ago and are now seeing the benefit. Definitely a club that seem to be doing things right

Sligo have a full time squad on gates of 1,500 - 2,000 a week less than 18 months after issuing a 'sae our club' rallying call. Maybe some Sligo fan can explain it but the reasons aren't too obvious to me

Pats lost money last year (a lot of money) and that was after we cut back significantly
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Just back from the Harps AGM, and our accounts showed a profit of over €11,000 last year. Not a lot, but better than a loss.
    Up the Harps!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rovers made a 65grand profit last year. Just very hard work behind the scenes. I've never seen things looking so good financial at Rovers in 20 years.
    Misfits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Sligo have a full time squad on gates of 1,500 - 2,000 a week less than 18 months after issuing a 'sae our club' rallying call. Maybe some Sligo fan can explain it but the reasons aren't too obvious to me
    As far as I can remember we've made an profit every year since 2001 apart from 2007 when we made a loss of €130k. This resulted in an unpaid tax bill for a similar amount hence the 'save our club' campaign in Summer 2008 which raised approx. €90k in a few weeks. The club didn't think we'd get away with not paying taxes like other clubs have done so the drastic action had to be taken. I think the full-time/part-time debate is stupid. It's only relevant what a player is actually getting paid, not whether he trains in the day or night.

Less than 18 months ago?! I don't remember that one Dodge
    Last edited by Red4Eva; 27/02/2011 at 8:30 PM.
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Army View Post
    Rovers made a 65grand profit last year. Just very hard work behind the scenes. I've never seen things looking so good financial at Rovers in 20 years.
    I'd say thats a load of ********, not **** stirring but I'd say you'll be in trouble within 2 years....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    What's the basis for your assumption that it's bull****. We're you at our AGM 2 weeks ago? Did you see the accounts?
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    A 65k profit in a year when you won both cups, finished third in the league and sold a player for a decent fee... what would the results have been like if everything hadn't gone right?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    A 65k profit in a year when you won both cups, finished third in the league and sold a player for a decent fee... what would the results have been like if everything hadn't gone right?
    We spent a lot of money on infrastructure. New offices, new tv gantry and a substantial amount spent on improving the pitch.
    Last edited by Red4Eva; 27/02/2011 at 8:23 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    SRFC Dave when is the results of the FAI investigation at our club that the pigs were spotting a while back?
    Last edited by Red Army; 27/02/2011 at 8:47 PM.
    Misfits

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    That figure excludes a six figure prize fund from the the FAI which hadn't been paid by the time of the agm. The club will only spend money we have unlike others.
    Misfits

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    We also recorded a small profit from last year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    and would have posted a fairly substantial loss if we hadn't won the first division, due in the main I think from honouring Wellvan commitments towards season tickets and the like.
    i believe in one man, one vote. i should be that one man with that one vote.

ALWAYS ON TOUR!

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shantykelly View Post
    and would have posted a fairly substantial loss if we hadn't won the first division, due in the main I think from honouring Wellvan commitments towards season tickets and the like.
    Quite true. Here's a summary from our forum

The accounts showed a profit of £400.00 on an income of slightly over £500,000.

The Board have given Stephen Kenny an increase in his budget of 25% which they hope they can offset with additional season ticket sales as last season they honoured the tickets for those who had paid early for their tickets to the previous now liquidated company Wellvan. This amounted to something like £70,000.

It would also appear that the current company is a creditor of Wellvan, having honoured these season tickets, so we may be entitled to some monies from the Connor Salmon sell on clause. It is however only likely to be pence in the pound and of no great significance. Linfield are also still owed money by Wellvan for tickets sold for a match at Windsor but are waiting for the conclusion of the Wellvan liquidation to get some monies. It would appear that the current Board whilst not legally responsible for this debt will make up the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
    Less than 18 months ago?! I don't remember that one Dodge
    When was it that Paul Cook threaten to resign as money wasn't there for his squad? Around 2 years ago? maybe longer.

EDIY; Sorry I see you'#ve answered me there. Summer 2008. Fair enough. I was 12 months out

I think the full-time/part-time debate is stupid. It's only relevant what a player is actually getting paid, not whether he trains in the day or night.
    Agreed, and in the case of Sligo we have people like Richie Ryan saying things like this

"I don't want to go part-time. I haven't been part-time since I've been a footballer.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...d-2434747.html

So its fair to assume that Ryan, who lives in Sligo, is earning enough money to be comfotable enough that he doesn't have to work outside football. It seems the whole suad is like that. So 18 players are earning enough wages so as not to have to wokr elsewhere.

And no one yet has explained how you can afford that on similar gates to Pats
    Last edited by Dodge; 27/02/2011 at 11:31 PM.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    And no one yet has explained how you can afford that on similar gates to Pats
    I think our gates have been a bit higher on average than Pat's in the last three or so seasons though Dodge, no? Or maybe we have a better wage structure than Pat's have had the last 3/4 seasons and been more sensible in what we offer our players??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    It would been less but not by a huge amount. Prize money for the league Cup was feck all and a lot of prize money from the cup would go to things like player bonuses, travel to the Cup Final, hotel for a couple of nights, suits for the squad, etc. Also I assume the fees for Coleman would not be included in those figures as that all happened the season before.
    Last edited by redobit; 28/02/2011 at 12:16 AM.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

21. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast