Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach Rules....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Beach Rules....

One of my buddies 21st is on next month and we're looking to do something different rather than the usual "party" with free cocktail sausages and apple juice champagne. The idea we have is a night on the beach. Tents, barbque, cans. We found a nice little place by Ballycotton that is a good 500m from and house. Does anyone know how illegal it is or how likely we are to be sent home by some police at some strange hour?
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't know if it's illegal but as long as ye don't get too messy and are not causing any disturbance then I can't see what harm ye would be doing espeically if it's a public beach area.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shedite
    One of my buddies 21st is on next month and we're looking to do something different rather than the usual "party" with free cocktail sausages and apple juice champagne. The idea we have is a night on the beach. Tents, barbque, cans. We found a nice little place by Ballycotton that is a good 500m from and house. Does anyone know how illegal it is or how likely we are to be sent home by some police at some strange hour?

providing you dont
    1.play your music too loud
    2.get too drunk
    3.fornicate/puke/p*ss in the area
    4.shout and roar or laugh too loudly.

you should be ok

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well seeing as it is illegal to consume booze in public, then yes i do think you'll have a problem, you can only drink outside licenced premises will closed off areas and on your own private property...and the noise thing could be a major problem...
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As far as I know you can only errect temporary dwellings such as tents in designated areas.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and seriously if you lot are drinking dont let ANYONE go swimming. we dont want to be reading about it in the papers. Too Dangerous

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Key is to keep it quite and limit it to a select few

i.e. Dont post on the Internet about it!!

What Eoinh said too, a surprisingly high amount of people die that way.
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Loads of these parties are held every year in the form of raves or small get togethers around the country. Go ahead with it, great idea. All you are doing is having fun at the end of the day, and that is not a crime. Thats just a different viewpoint from the political correctness that most people will shove down your throat, and tell you not to hold it!

It'd want to be well away from any residential houses though. You don't want the cops called, or local scumbags invading your party.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    4tothefloor, i think you'll find drinking in a public place is a crime, so are certain noise levels after a certain time and not to mention the litter problem.....i good permit system is needed in this country
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Max, you come across as too straight for your own good, bit of a goody two shoes. My view is, a little bit of adventure never hurt anybody. If I want to have a party on the beach, i'll have a bloody party on the beach. If the cops want to stop it, let them come. Maybe you're against it because the local nightclubs and dj's lose out to these kind of things?! The best parties I have been at have been the illegal ones, the spontaneous ones etc. As the N.W.A. said '**** tha police'! A bit of free spirit....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    no i agree with parties on the beach, but some decent guidelines put in place to avoid drunk deaths, making the beaches even filthyer ( spelled soooo wrong )...just a permit system of some kind, nothing to major

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    filthier - ah come on max, there was never going to be a 'y' at the end of that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Third, if someone breaks their leg, there could be grounds for a claim against the organisers if there was any degree of negligence or recklessness. And I think most judges (not known as young party animals) would think that a beach party with drink would be pretty reckless per se. And if that's bad, there are two chances of getting insurance...
    Well if anyone has friends who would do something such as claim off of you for something like that, they wouldn't be much of a friend, would they? Not the kind you'd want at your party anyway. As SOC said earlier, keep it to a select few, i.e. your best friends and friends you can trust. But as I said earlier, it'd have to be in a secluded part of the beach, well away from residential areas to keep the cops and local skangers away. You would of course want to check the small matter of what the tide is like as well, unless ye intend gettin down with the fish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    just a permit system of some kind, nothing to major
    In order to have a permit system you'd need to make applications public. This would dramatically increase the risk of unwanted guests. It would generate more issues.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well how do permit systems work in other countries ??? conor was spot on with his pomits above, a friend is ok until something happens and the euro signs flash before their eyes !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dont believe this thread - just go ahead and do it - the police generally dnt give a sh;t as long as your not irritating someone else

and max drinkin in public - hmmmm outside lansdowne bar - top of sandymount credit union - do they count as "public"

course its illegal but if we followed the law to the letter in this country half the government would be doing 8 to ten

this whole thread reminds me of the johnny vegas thing "you're never really sure if its legal to light a fire in your back garden" !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Agree completely wws - bunch of straight laced, party pooping sensationalists on here. A bit of realism wouldn't go a stray like.

Conor74: don't have the tents pitched near a rock then. Ye Kerry lads always pick the worst case scenario. I'm in college here with a few and yer all the bloody same! If someone decides to go away from the party tent and end up injuring themselves, you're hardly responsible. You're not responsible for the whole beach, or individuals careless horseplay for that matter. And anyway, it's more likey to be a claim against the council rather than individuals. I mean, 21 yr olds aren't exactly rolling in money.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well 4tothefloor, i'm out working every weekend and i see these so called "pennyless" 21 year olds, and they are wandering the streets hammered, throw in a rock and a big hole with water in it and you gonna have great fun......

a cheap bottle of wine, bottle of vodka, couple of cans.....20 euro, not much money but very drunk people in a dangerous area....its a simple fact not a party pooper....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    As for your suggestion that wherever you're from is so much more funlovin' than Kerry, guess that's why all the crowds go to Limerick on weekends away and noone goes to Dingle, Killarney, Kenmare etc. etc. etc.
    Wasn't slagging Kerry Conor, or Kerrymen for that matter. Was just saying, in jest, that ye are a very opinionated tribe and extremist in those opinions! While Kerry might be good for tourism, there's plenty of ye down here availing of our third level educational centres, so it works both ways

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    think you'll find drinking in a public place is a crime,
    Dont think thats true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast