Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Epl 2010/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    Credit to Lucas thought he was outstanding again last night. Winning the ball and using it well. Considering how how much he was slated in the past it's great to see.
    He has looked a much improved player this season. Maybe it's Hodgson's man management skills.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He has looked a much improved player this season. Maybe it's Hodgson's man management skills.
    Yeah come to think of it he's not saying as much in the media of late! LOL
    Lets talk about six baby

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Just as well he doesn't manage Reading as it would sound like a marriage whenever he spoke about them.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    Just as well he doesn't manage Reading as it would sound like a marriage whenever he spoke about them.
    Pity he doesn't!
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Pity he doesn't!
    Even in Rafa Benitez's darkest days you always said it was more important to get behind the team than slag off the manager. It doesn't make sense to me that you don't apply the same philosophy to Hodgson. I'm far from a Liverpool fan, but I'd actually like to see them do well and reward one of football's good guys. Glen Johnson's comments are quite timely I think, and if ye can put a run of three or four wins together the whole complection will change completely. There's plenty for Liverpool to salvage this season, as it was never seen as a title winning opportunity really. The draw is the FA Cup was nasty but it could be a season changer were they to pull it off. A Europa League Final in Dublin in May would also add a nice gloss! Hopefully ye'll start off with a win against Newcastle tomorrow anyway, would love to see them relegated now. That Pardew appointment reeks of dodginess!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1210/johnsong.html

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I can't believe that Pardew appointment, especially the five and a half year deal. I can't see Pardew seeing that out at all. Pardew isn't an improvement on Hughton and there's surely better managers available out there if Newcastle really were looking for someone better to lead them.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    "This is a major setback and a major blow because we have been on a good run recently and played well," he told his post-match press conference.

13 Nov 2010 Stoke City A 2 0 L

20 Nov 2010 West Ham H 3 0 W

28 Nov 2010 Tottenham A 2 1 L

2 Dec 2010 Steaua A 1 1 D

6 Dec 2010 Villa H 3 0 W

11 Dec 2010 Newcastle A 3 1 L

Maybe i am mad but that's a shocking run for a club like Liverpool.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Big Sam sacked?! Is sacking managers who have got their clubs to a respectable mid table finish the new thing? Years ago you might get sacked if your club was rock bottom.

Man Utd -Arsenal was dreadful first half. Man Utd defended well and were never in any danger. Jack Wilshere most overrated player in League? What is all the fuss about?
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Big Sam sacked?! Is sacking managers who have got their clubs to a respectable mid table finish the new thing? Years ago you might get sacked if your club was rock bottom.

Man Utd -Arsenal was dreadful first half. Man Utd defended well and were never in any danger. Jack Wilshere most overrated player in League? What is all the fuss about?
    Don't like to see anyone getting sacked from their job but in this case couldn't care less. Have no time for Sam sure anyway he won't have a problem getting a job seen as he could win trophies at Man U, Madrid etc etc etc

As regards the game last night i thought Man U edged it and Wilshere i totally disagree. I think he has the potential to be a great player who is great on the ball and always shows for it and wants it. Remember he's very young. Need to give these players time. Certainly wouldn't be judging him now that's for sure.
    Lets talk about six baby

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I think both teams looked very deviod of ideas. Arsenal just seemed to pass it in front of the Man Utd midfield and defence and never looked like breaking into their penalty area. Man Utd seem to have a game plan that consisted of Van Der Saar hoofing the ball up to Rooney and hoping for some sort of knock down - for much of the game there seemed to be only one Man Utd player in the Arsenal half. Very occasionally Evra or Nani would run at the Arsenal full back and almost threaten to look dangerous, but it was infrequent.

I thought the game was very well refereed, so would just like to say a big 'Well done' to the man in the middle, Darren Fletcher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Sam Allardyce sacked. At least I won't have to look at his fat face each week on the TV and listen to him talking about "Dioufie". The managerial merry go round continues.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    20 Nov 2010 West Ham H 3 0 W

28 Nov 2010 Tottenham A 2 1 L

2 Dec 2010 Steaua A 1 1 D

6 Dec 2010 Villa H 3 0 W.
    Considering how poorly they started the season, this could be seen as an ok run of form, especially seeing as they should really have beaten Spurs.

Thought United were very comfotable against Arsenal. They are very difficult to break down when Vidic and Ferdinand are fit and they are set up like they were. Four grafters in midfield protecting the defence, with Nani as the only real outlet. Swap Scholes for Carrick and it's probably United's strongest side barring a miraculous return from Hargreaves.

Blackburn sacking Allardyce was pretty foolish I think. Might be a good choice for West Ham if they sack Grant, which looks likely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    [QUOTE=DeLorean;1434644]Considering how poorly they started the season, this could be seen as an ok run of form, especially seeing as they should really have beaten Spurs.

Thought United were very comfotable against Arsenal. They are very difficult to break down when Vidic and Ferdinand are fit and they are set up like they were. Four grafters in midfield protecting the defence, with Nani as the only real outlet. Swap Scholes for Carrick and it's probably United's strongest side barring a miraculous return from Hargreaves.

Blackburn sacking Allardyce was pretty foolish I think. Might be a good choice for West Ham if they sack Grant, which looks likely.[/QUOTE]

Maybe but West Ham fans will not be happy. They like to play football.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    But I'm sure they would take a hoofball in the PL than silky movement down the flanks in The Championship.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    But I'm sure they would take a hoofball in the PL than silky movement down the flanks in The Championship.
    I suppose desparate times call for desparate measures. Would be an awful shame to see a club/team like West Ham having to go down the garryowen road of big Sam.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Eight points from twelve and suddenly things aren't so bad for West Ham. In fairness, Grant did a decent job at Chelsea, and Portsmouth showed great character even when their season had all but ended last year, so maybe he is the man to turn things around. They were awful last season too least we forget.

United still unbeaten with 20 games played. Hard to believe given some/many of their performances. Suppose the big venues are still on the horizon, White Hart Lane next, Stamford Bridge, Anfield and The Emirates. I'm sure they would love to emulate the Arsenal achievement of a few years back. Always thought it was a bit overrated anyway, how can you be called 'the invincibles' for a season where you win one trophy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Just goes to show how poor the PL is because this is the poorest United side I have seen in years. United's central MF pairings when Scholes isn't playing is as bad as ours at times!!! I still think they will win the title and expect em to go up the gears as the season draws to a close but it still amazes me Fergie hasn't bought an attacking midfielder.

Man City-Arsenal will be a snood fest tonight. I expect City to be cagey like they were when they played United at home. 1-1 is my guess. Fingers crossed Mick gets the 3 points tonight.
    Last edited by shakermaker1982; 06/01/2011 at 7:48 AM. Reason: gears not years!
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    They still have some tricky away games, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea (sort of), I dont see them beating City at home (it's got 0-0 written all over it), even Newcastle will go the extra mile against them up on Tyneside. Drawing 3 or 4 of those games could give the others a chance. Arsenal have easier fixtures with Spurs away being the only one I cant see them as favourites for, additionally they'll have no European distraction barring a miracle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Strange old season. Chelsea get out of the starting blocks miles ahead of everyone else but get a bad case of cramp half way down the track. Man U unbeaten yet are a far call from the Man U of old. Arsenal the usual hit and miss and Liverpool the worst side in many generations, a legacy of Rafa who spent a fortune on the likes of a Chelsea reject full back in Johnson, who every dog in the street knows can't defend. Man City spend an absolute fortune on players and yet if they were playing in a field down the road, I wouldn't go and watch them.

The biggest interest is down at the bottom where about 10 teams are in the mix. My main interest there is for Wolves to avoid the drop with the Irish players and Big Mick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I think Roy will be gone within the week. Shame.

I thought he was doing a wonderful job!!!

Carlo could get the bullet as well. I think he deserves the chance to bring in players he wants instead of tat like Ramires but Roman is a strange owner so anything is possible.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast