Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Epl 2010/11

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    [QUOTE=Roadend;1425609]Houllier's squad (complete with players the wrong side of 30) is worse in my opinion so we'll agree to disagree.

Jose couldn't win the CL with Chelsea......[/QUOTE]

Yeah and 05 & 07 will haunt him forever. He still goes on about the ball that crossed the line sorry the ball that never crossed the line. I remember after the 07 semi he was getting back onto the coach and this fella beside me said Jose i agree the ball never crossed the line in 05. How i LOL!
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I could never understand the fuss about that anyway. If I remember correct, had the goal not been given it should have been a penalty and a sending off. Chances are they would have been one down anyway and having to play over 80minutes with ten men.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/...tottenham.html

Could be a handy signing for somebody. Don't think he's quite in the top drawer bracket but would fit well into most teams, very tidy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Another Spurs player bombed out by the man manager. Gotta love the media's love of Arry. Anyone any news on Robbie Keane? Did he have a falling out with Arry? Hardly makes the bench let alone get a few minutes on the pitch. Terrible way to treat a player. "Shocked" NOT!!!! that the media haven't picked up on this.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    So Redknapp should play these guys even though he feels he has better/more effective players at his disposal, just to keep them happy? They have a big squad with lots of good players in reserve, somebody has to miss out. Keane started against Man Utd a couple of weeks back. He's injured now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    So Redknapp should play these guys even though he feels he has better/more effective players at his disposal, just to keep them happy? They have a big squad with lots of good players in reserve, somebody has to miss out. Keane started against Man Utd a couple of weeks back. He's injured now.
    Unreal.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    Unreal.
    Thanks my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Thanks my friend.
    No problems Ronnie or is it Ray! LOL
    Lets talk about six baby

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Palacios is another decent player who might end up moving, maybe Çorluka too as Hutton seems to have taken over his place in the team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    Palacios is another decent player who might end up moving, maybe Çorluka too as Hutton seems to have taken over his place in the team.
    Yeah Hutton seems to have worked his way back in and done ok. I remember Arry was more or less saying last season he would need to move on. Think it was around the time he was trying to off load Bale on loan.
    Lets talk about six baby

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    He doesn't seem to rotate his squad that much given the number of competitions they're playing in. Upfront he seems to go for Crouch playing off Van Der Vaart, with Pavyluchenko sometimes starting ahead of Crouch. If Defoé is back in the next few weeks then it will be interesting to see how/if he is able to fit him in. I can't see him dropping vd Vaart and I think he'll still want the aerial threat of Crouch or Pavyluchenko. He might move the Dutchman further back (esp as Huddlestone* is now injured) but then you would have Modric and vd Vaart in the center, which could see them exposed in terms of defensive midfielders.

* I still think he is grotesquely overrated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I'm a bit surprised by this. I think he's a lovely footballer, always available to take a pass and a beautiful striker of the ball. Not nearly as lazy as his reputation would suggest either, but his good positional sense allows him to do less running. I think Spurs badly miss him when he's not playing, especially last season when Jenas came in for him a few times. Overrated by who anyway may I ask? Didn't think there was too much of a fuss made about him to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    He doesn't seem to rotate his squad that much given the number of competitions they're playing in. Upfront he seems to go for Crouch playing off Van Der Vaart, with Pavyluchenko sometimes starting ahead of Crouch. If Defoé is back in the next few weeks then it will be interesting to see how/if he is able to fit him in. I can't see him dropping vd Vaart and I think he'll still want the aerial threat of Crouch or Pavyluchenko. He might move the Dutchman further back (esp as Huddlestone* is now injured) but then you would have Modric and vd Vaart in the center, which could see them exposed in terms of defensive midfielders.

Yeah would agree with you there. I know Arry said he was as good as Alonso and something about Hoddle as well.
    Lets talk about six baby

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    His flirtations with England's World Cup squad caused a few articles that, imo, overrated him:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7123436.ece
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ss-master.html *

I just don't think he's a very good midfielder, and can think of a few other centralish midfielders even limiting it to London clubs who are a lot better than him (the obvious being Fabregas, Essien, but I'd also say Alex Song, Parker, Dempsey, maybe Danny Murphy would be pushing it). I agree that Jenas can't really replace him but I would argue that Palacios is a better player in a similar position to Huddlestone - I'm a bit dissapointed that Sandro Ranieri hasn't settled that well there as he was good in that role at Inter in the last few years, but from what I've read he's not even in their CL squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    I know Arry said he was as good as Alonso
    Is he as good as Gareth Barry though, that's the question!

On a serious note, I wouldn't go that far, but he is still only 23.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    His flirtations with England's World Cup squad caused a few articles that, imo, overrated him
    Fair enough. I honestly think England are crying out for a player like him, instead of the headless chickens they've got running around after the ball everywhere it goes. He retains possession very well, which is very un-English. He does drift out of games at times but I think that will become less of a problem with time.

I just don't think he's a very good midfielder, and can think of a few other centralish midfielders even limiting it to London clubs who are a lot better than him (the obvious being Fabregas, Essien, but I'd also say Alex Song, Parker, Dempsey, maybe Danny Murphy would be pushing it). I agree that Jenas can't really replace him but I would argue that Palacios is a better player in a similar position to Huddlestone
    I wouldn't be foolish enough to claim he's in the Fabregas/Essien bracket but find it interesting that you didn't mention Lampard. Maybe it's because they're very different types of players. That said, I think Song and Dempsey aren't really comparable either. Palacios and Huddlestone made a really good partnership last season, Palacios doing the grafting but Huddlestone very much the brains of the operation. I really like his style of play so hope he reaches his potential, and if he does, I'd definitely have him a class above Scott Parker.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Chelsea juggernaut grinds to a halt. Arsenal now according to Sky the best think since sliced bread (or "fried bread" if you're Bill Cullen) because they're top of the league. Home defeat by Newcastle and poor performances away from home in the CL soon forgotton.

Although all 4 teams have qualified for the knock out stage of the CL it appears to me that the standard of the EPL's top teams has dropped. Hard to predict which team will now win the league.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Credit to Lucas thought he was outstanding again last night. Winning the ball and using it well. Considering how how much he was slated in the past it's great to see.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    You liking Woy now Rafa?!
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    You liking Woy now Rafa?!
    Maybe if he started winning a few more famous away games like the Bolton win!
    Lets talk about six baby

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast