Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Alright lads.. anyone know whats going on here?

In the Junior Super Cup, it looks like CIT & Ringmahon B and also the Hall Vs Fermoy game is to be replayed???
    Also Passage have been replaced with "Bye"? Have they pulled out or thrown out?

1. Everton Utd
    2. Ringmahon Rgs B / CIT
    3. Everton
    4. Rmahon Rgs A
    5. Douglas Hall / Fermoy
    6. Bye
    7. Mayfield Utd
    8. Glasheen

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    First I've heard of it. We were under strength against the Hall in our game but were well beaten fair and square.

magpie
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Alright lads.. anyone know whats going on here?

In the Junior Super Cup, it looks like CIT & Ringmahon B and also the Hall Vs Fermoy game is to be replayed???
    Also Passage have been replaced with "Bye"? Have they pulled out or thrown out?

1. Everton Utd
    2. Ringmahon Rgs B / CIT
    3. Everton
    4. Rmahon Rgs A
    5. Douglas Hall / Fermoy
    6. Bye
    7. Mayfield Utd
    8. Glasheen

passage were thrown out because they more or less played there senior team against midleton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    passage were thrown out because they more or less played there senior team against midleton.
    Why haven't Midleton been reinstated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    we were thrown out of cup as we played a senior defender v cit broke rule 44 which we did not spot , as far as i know passage fielded a few seniors but midleton did not come in as maybe they made the same error ? rules are rules and must be followed we just did not spot it as its a new rule, jnr prem heating up
    67 years in cork soccer 1951-2018
    🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    From what I can gather midleton secretary made d mistake of telling junior manager he could play senior sub goalkeeper in this cup,but soon followed that keeper was cup tied cos he signed the senior registration,a rule to which club didn't ever heard of!they'll no the next time!yip rules are rules,passage thrown out for playing bout 6 seniors!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    We were beaten 4-1 by Janesboro today in the semi-final of the Munster Junior Cup. We went 1 up but some silly mistakes let them back in it and take the lead. Once they did we were chasing shadows. They were a quality side who'd hold their own in the Senior Premier here.

magpie
    Again the munster senior league have screwed midleton fc juniors for the 3rd time in less than a season. They have been thrown out of the John Hayes cup for playing three u-19s against cobh lst friday night witch i think is an absolute disgrace. Has anyone ever heard of this rule? The organisation seemed to use the country teams as scape goats and to be honest i sick of them. They Wouldn't treat their beloved Avondale like this...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I know the John Hayes is for 1st Division players only. Didn't know underage players weren't allowed play in it. Seems very harsh on Midleton though.

magpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I know the John Hayes is for 1st Division players only. Didn't know underage players weren't allowed play in it. Seems very harsh on Midleton though.
    its a joke eric, being from a town outside the city, and with such a small choice of players to choose from,you surely understand where im coming from. its very important to give these lads the opportunity to play in these games, but if midleton had known this rule existed they would not have played these young lads, that is the blame of the munster senior league. its not fair on the lads who have put in so much effort through out the year, to have the chance of competing in this comp which they had a good chance of winning withdrawn.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    its a joke eric, being from a town outside the city, and with such a small choice of players to choose from,you surely understand where im coming from. its very important to give these lads the opportunity to play in these games, but if midleton had known this rule existed they would not have played these young lads, that is the blame of the munster senior league. its not fair on the lads who have put in so much effort through out the year, to have the chance of competing in this comp which they had a good chance of winning withdrawn.
    The John Hayes Trophy was started in the 2008/09 season. The rule stating that only players registered in the Junior First Division can play in this competition has been there from the start of the competition in 2008. It has been enforced every year. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse and the only people to blame for getting thrown out of the competition are Midleton.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I see where you're coming from Magpie, as we've a very small pool to pick from too. We've had to bring some youths along to league games and got clearance from the MSL to play youths in the Super Cup. It is harsh not to allow them play in the John Hayes, but if that's the rule then that's the rule. It'll mean outlet squad will be pretty thin for that competition though without the youths!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Msl monkeys

To be honest I thinks it's a case for judge judy......because you would want to be a judge to understand all there stupid rules!cheating is to me trying to be sneaky to gain an unfair advantage....I think midleton do not come under this bracket....fielding weaker players in a competition to blood new players for next year to keep the flow of local talent in the adult set up which is extremely hard being a country club.i understand there is a rule there,but why can't we see these rules on a website,why have a fai rule book up,and not there own Msl one......too many clubs being thrown out which hints at a system isn't working....get yer head out of the clouds Msl and start using common sense I think!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I actually just got word that we had been thrown out of the Super Cup and the John Hayes Cup this week also for playing youth players! This after having gotten clearance from one member of the MSL to play such players!!!

I think our chairman argued the case and got us re-instated in both competitions. Think Midleton may have been re-instated in the John Hayes too.

From what I was told I think it's to do with a rule that was brought in at under-age level this year not allowing lads play adult football. A rule which was never publicised and so caught out a number of teams.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    i think the biggest issue here is that clubs are not being made aware or are not making themselves aware of the rules at the start of each season. As a result, no club is aware that a rule may be broken until such time as it is too late & they are deducted points or thrown out of a competition.

How many clubs have been deducted points in the league this year in both junior & senior divisions? I do not think they were all trying to 'cheat' & i think it's not a coincidence that so many teams have lost points & i think many of them have lost points over playing players who may have been suspended at the time & clubs were totally unaware at the time. I know 100% this was the case for 2 different clubs.

I think the MSL should be a little more pro-active & understanding on this front & not automatically deduct & fine amateur clubs who were genuinely caught unawares.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    My oh my .I'm surprised at how some clubs dont know the rules - the youths league is a DIFFERENT LEAGUE. If the under 19s were REGISTERED also as JUNIOR players then there would be no problem!!!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    ha red and white - i dont make the rules - but dont call me a clown just because the club secretaries dont know them!!! Its an FAI rule anyway not that i'd expect you to know

This RULE came into effect when the AUL and MSL formed a new youths league

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freddieflinston View Post
    ha red and white - i dont make the rules - but dont call me a clown just because the club secretaries dont know them!!! Its an FAI rule anyway not that i'd expect you to know

This RULE came into effect when the AUL and MSL formed a new youths league
    Well said Freddie but unfortunately you are probably wasting your time trying to explain that rules are not meant to be broken.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Freddie boy...That sounds very like what was coming out of a meeting with midleton club with Msl....no wonder ur supporting this stupid rule stopping young players from getting expierence at adult level...all because ur one of these little hitlers up there putting in these ridiculous rules informing nobody that they are there,there is no way on earth you can blame a secretary,they can't possibly know every single rule that's out there....especially one's that ye make up,to make life hard for clubs,especially country clubs....stand back and think for minute will ya....tut tut...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty almighty View Post
    Freddie boy...That sounds very like what was coming out of a meeting with midleton club with Msl....no wonder ur supporting this stupid rule stopping young players from getting expierence at adult level...all because ur one of these little hitlers up there putting in these ridiculous rules informing nobody that they are there,there is no way on earth you can blame a secretary,they can't possibly know every single rule that's out there....especially one's that ye make up,to make life hard for clubs,especially country clubs....stand back and think for minute will ya....tut tut...
    Local Cup Rules, The John Hayes Cup, "Only players registered in the Junior First Divisionare eligible to play in this competition"I think this is straight forward enough,
    Get your club to submit a "change of rule proposal for the AGM" to the MSL (re youth players or whatever)before 30th April as per rule 42, Thats the way to go, and stop ranting about the MSL and every rule in the book on here.

Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast