Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1691

Thread: Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    My apoligies shin guard , I wasn't inferring anything untoward nor did I mean to mislead anyone .

It was more of pointing out that the rules can sometimes be left open to interpritation and in looking for clarification at times your more confused afterwords .

Iv read the rule book an there are several references to seniors an juniors an what they are allowed play .
    Up to now I was under the impression that 2 seniors were allowed play in a junior league game . But according to this rule that's only possible if a club has a junior prem and 1st division side. Do you not think its a bit misleading . What do clubs who only have a single junior side do . Are they allowed use 2 seniors if needed or would that be deedem to be breaking the rules . Can you see my point .

I think it's best when they are clear cut and precise . You can play , or you can't would surfice but evidently we all can have a different spin on things depending on what side we are looking at it from .
    Last edited by littleman; 01/04/2014 at 1:39 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    What happens with Ringmahon then who have 2 premier sides?
    The 2 senior players can play with Ringmahon Rangers A only.
    Littleman you are correct in stating that 2 senior players can play in a junior league game but only for the first junior team. A club like Mayfield United or Avondale who have only one junior team then they can play for that team. If a club, like Carrigaline United has a second junior team senior players can't play in that team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Appriciate ya clearing the matter up shin guard . Small bit of clarity once an a while makes it all a bit easier to understand an helps us avoid mistakes .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinguard View Post
    Littleman your post #1409 in relation to Senior/Junior players playing is correct but this post is very misleading.
    The rule states;
    Registered Senior players can only play with the Junior Premier Team in the event of the club having both Junior Premier and Junior First Division teams.
    Clubs who have a second junior team like Carrigaline Utd. Douglas Hall, College Corinthians, Everton etc. are well aware of this rule as it is there all season. It wasn't just added during the week.
    Totally wrong. The player has a choice which team to help out but can't change teams once they play. If that's the case I'd say all teams with 2 junior clubs are in trouble. Love to see that rule shin guard. Are you looking to take my name.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Big weekend of games again this week. As you said little man I'd say silly season is about to start , let's hope the weather has stopped disturbing things

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Glasheen v Douglas Hall
    Carrigaline Utd v Everton
    Rockmount v Midleton
    Mallow Utd v UCC A
    Glasheen v UCC
    Everton v Douglas Hall

Few cup games also on top of mayfield v ringmahon A semi final.

Midleton & hall playing but break from the league for cors mayfield and ringmahon. Big weekend for a few teams at the other end. All hall and midleton can do is keep up the pressure.

How do people see it going?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_not_stirring View Post
    Totally wrong. The player has a choice which team to help out but can't change teams once they play. If that's the case I'd say all teams with 2 junior clubs are in trouble. Love to see that rule shin guard. Are you looking to take my name.

So your saying a senior player can play for a clubs "b" junior side so long as he doesn't play for the "a" side. And like wise if a senior plays for the "a" junior side he cannot play for the "b" junior side regardless of which division's the sides are in?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Yes senior players played for carrigalines b team in the past. I know that much.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Yes senior players played for carrigalines b team in the past. I know that much.
    Can you give us a link too that rule or a contact from the league who ok'd it? Also what players and what games did carrigaline play them in? Thanks

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Its rule 17(c) which I have already posted. The rule states " Registered Senior Players can only play with the Junior Premier Team in the event of the club having both Junior Premier and First Division Teams".
    If Carrigaline United B played senior players this season then they played them illegally. There is no choice as to which team a senior player can play with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Well in the rule book on MSL website
    Rule 17 (c) Registered Senior players can only play with the Junior Premier team in the event of the Club having both Junior Premier and Junior First Division teams.

Isn't definitive if a club had more than 1 team in premier division...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Can you give us a link too that rule or a contact from the league who ok'd it? Also what players and what games did carrigaline play them in? Thanks
    I can't unfortunately as it was last season and I could be wrong but the rule might have changed this year.

One thing is for sure. The rules must be flawed if it's stirring up this much hassle. No one seems to know the definite league position.
    Last edited by Im_not_stirring; 02/04/2014 at 10:20 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I can't unfortunately as it was last season and I could be wrong but the rule might have changed this year.

One thing is for sure. The rules must be flawed if it's stirring up this much hassle. No one seems to know the definite league position.
    Rule 17(c) was only put in this season. Last season senior players could play with their respective 2nd Junior Team. So Carrigaline and all the other clubs with 2nd Junior Teams were OK last season. This season there is no hassle with the rule as all clubs with 2nd Junior Teams are very familiar with the rule.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innishvilla View Post
    Well in the rule book on MSL website
    Rule 17 (c) Registered Senior players can only play with the Junior Premier team in the event of the Club having both Junior Premier and Junior First Division teams.

Isn't definitive if a club had more than 1 team in premier division...
    if you look at the names of the second junior team in each club for example Douglas hall and Everton, the second teams name is Douglas Hall Athletic or Everton Utd. This is there because you cant have 2 junior teams under the same name in the same division so "technically" there a different club.

I can guarantee my information is correct as this has been the case for the last number of years and im only using the above club names as examples. The senior players cannot play for either of the 2 junior teams they have to play for the first team

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Enough about the rule lads,everyone seems very confused,get your secretary in your club to ring so ye don't all get caught out,simple.
    Back to the league,seen the table last night and Douglas are 5/6 games ahead of some teams and they are playing a game extra this week,why are the league letting them go so far ahead?they could be 7/8 games ahead of teams.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Beamish Stout Junior League Cup Final 8th April Cancelled
    Posted: 2014-04-04 15:01:30

Beamish Stout Junior League Cup Final scheduled for Turners Cross on Tuesday, 8th April, at 7.30pm is cancelled.

Updated Junior Premier Fixtures now available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Beamish Stout Junior League Cup Final 8th April Cancelled
    Posted: 2014-04-04 15:01:30

Beamish Stout Junior League Cup Final scheduled for Turners Cross on Tuesday, 8th April, at 7.30pm is cancelled.

Updated Junior Premier Fixtures now available.
    Anyone know why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    League cup semi final

Mayfield 3 Ringmahon 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman View Post
    League cup semi final

Mayfield 3 Ringmahon 0
    congrats littleman when you know the final date leave me know will ya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Will do killer , can't see the MSL dragging out the final . I presume the matter will be deal th with quickly an a new date posted . All the one to us anyway who we play . Just delighted to have reached the final .

Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast