Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1288

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2010/11

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Draper View Post
    I happen to agree with you (for the 1st time in my life) re: the abuse referees get, but I just dont understand why you bother when you think as you said on your post you rekon players, managers and referees alike are all rubbish! I just wouldnt watch...
    When everyone is of an equal standard the games are enjoyable to watch, what I stated was that if players were insistent in abusing referees then they should be consistent and hold themselves to the same standard to that of which they were holding the referees to account. Besides your probably too busy money grabbing at the gate to probably watch the matches anyway. Is it true you proposed at a Broadford meeting that you wanted to charge at U-6 matches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    This junior league with all the rubbish managers and rubbish players were Oscar Traynor Champions just 3 short years ago.
    Limerick city and Dublin leagues must have been an awful standard altogether....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Have It View Post
    This junior league with all the rubbish managers and rubbish players were Oscar Traynor Champions just 3 short years ago.
    Limerick city and Dublin leagues must have been an awful standard altogether....
    Junior players are playing in Junior leagues for a reason.
    If people insist on holding refs to such a high standard then the bar should be raised to a similar standard for players and managers. to break that down into simple man terms for you, if people want refs to be of a professional standard, then the public should expect a professional level of skill from players and managers

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    If people insist on holding refs to such a high standard then the bar should be raised to a similar standard for players and managers. to break that down into simple man terms for you, if people want refs to be of a professional standard, then the public should expect a professional level of skill from players and managers
    The last time i checked the refs were paid to ref and the players werent paid to play. So surely they should have some level of professionalism?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    A professional level of skill from players and managers in junior soccer ??? Your gone a bit mad there now ted.....
    Players and managers are made accountable for their actions, referees should be the same. To break that down "into simple mans terms for you" people are only looking for a fairly refereed game of football. Nobody is looking for perfection

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Have It View Post
    A professional level of skill from players and managers in junior soccer ??? Your gone a bit mad there now ted.....
    Players and managers are made accountable for their actions, referees should be the same. To break that down "into simple mans terms for you" people are only looking for a fairly refereed game of football. Nobody is looking for perfection
    There is no easy way to say this, but I think you should find your primary school teacher and beat them because you have extreme difficulty in comprehending simple English. Could you show me where I said that I EXPECTED professional standards from players and managers. What I said was that those players and managers who persistantly roar and abuse officials should look at themselves. What I said exactly was
    ''Lads get over the whole ref thing, no ref wants to screw a team over, what do they have to gain from it. Maybe players and managers should have a good look at themselves and the level of abuse they give during games, I agree the refs are rubbish, but every1 should also remember that both players and managers in Desmond League are also rubbish. If anyone was any good, then the wouldnt be playing in Desmond league because they would be in England, refs included. If players are going to start comparing Desmond League refs with Howard Webb then they should be consistent and compare themselves to Stephen Gerrard''

Seriously I cant actually be more clear, By the way, dont actually beat up any teachers, I was being sarcastic when I said that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Seeing as there are no junior james on Sunday how do ye think the Reidy Cup Final in Clonreask will go tomorrow night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by western gale View Post
    Seeing as there are no junior james on Sunday how do ye think the Reidy Cup Final in Clonreask will go tomorrow night?
    Athea United to make up for last years disappointment easily. Well done to Ferry Rangers making the final, but I can't see them winning even with all of their GAA players back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I haven't been to a match for ages but I'll go to this final. It would be great for a well run club like Athea to get a nice bit of silverware after the loss of both finals last year.Hope a decent crowd turns up. No excuses..... this is the only junior game this weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Best of luck to both teams.
    Athea to shade it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Nice to see all the whinging about how poor people think the referees are, it really goes to highlight the fact that BAD tradesmen will always blame anything other than their own incompetence for botched work.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soreloser View Post
    Nice to see all the whinging about how poor people think the referees are, it really goes to highlight the fact that BAD tradesmen will always blame anything other than their own incompetence for botched work.
    Aint that the truth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Aint that the truth
    did roy mcann ref any match with yee yet.he moved to yee a few weeks ago

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Athea would be my strong fancy to get a deserved cup and lift the Reidy Cup tonite and make up for the two cup losses in 2010 against Glantine and double winners Rathkeale

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Latest from Clonreask is Athea 2 Ferry 0

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Reidy Cup Final Athea Utd 2 Ferry Rangers 0 (h/t 2-0). Scorers Darren Murphy (pen) & Pat Ahern

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Well done to Athea.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Division 2 Youths Cup Q/F