Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Transfer Rumours

Anybody know of players coming or going..any new players training with us..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I've heard of a couple of names mentioned and they will definitely bring stability and I think the club are talking to 4 or 5 at the moment. But I've been sworn to secrecy so no names gonna be mentioned by me....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tippex View Post
    I've heard of a couple of names mentioned and they will definitely bring stability and I think the club are talking to 4 or 5 at the moment. But I've been sworn to secrecy so no names gonna be mentioned by me....
    Do Share.............

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Give us the names... what will it take to save us now????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Great to see we have signed a new centre half.. derek prendegast, the fai website has him down as an fai award winner in 2009,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    A new centre half would have been top of my wish list alright. Positive move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Stories going around about a derby county midfielder coming in july, and a new goalie(after kaner last night i can't see why).. any names any more to this,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Not a rumour:

Bray Wanderers are pleased to announce that they have signed Danny O'Connor (subject to International Clearance). 29 y/o O'Connor returns to the Carlisle after making 18 appearances for the club in 2000/2001.

He played with Newry City in the Irish League last season and had previous spells with Drogheda United, Shamrock Rovers and Longford Town.
    Bray Wanderers: So good they were relegated twice (and still stayed up).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    You got your wish Peadar on the double, Danny O Connor and Prendagast could be a good central partnership, should bolster the defence although would like to see a keeper, Brian was thrown in at the deep end, but is just not up to premier standard imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Any Bray fans hear anything more about Derek Foran coming back to ye? Really hope he stays with us, he's quality and just needs games. He's been getting better with every game. I must admit I wasn't his biggest fan last year and was surprised he signed but I have to admit, he's probably been our best defender behind Peers this season so far!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    Any Bray fans hear anything more about Derek Foran coming back to ye? Really hope he stays with us, he's quality and just needs games. He's been getting better with every game. I must admit I wasn't his biggest fan last year and was surprised he signed but I have to admit, he's probably been our best defender behind Peers this season so far!
    Unlikely to happen now that we have already signed 2 centre half's in the last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Bray Wanderers have signed 27 year old centre half Adam Mitchell, He joins from Bangor Celtic and is the second signing from the Dublin club following the arrival of Derek Prendergast.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    Alot of speculation came after he did this interview for my blog...... he asked me to remove a picture I had posted of him in a Bray shirt from years ago because he said Bray fans were messaging him asking if he was coming back and while he said in the interview he was considering leaving Rovers but he did say it was unlikely he would return to Bray as the timng just isnt right

heres the link to our interview http://theloiblog.blogspot.com/2010/...interview.html
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Are the club going to be making any more signings does anybody know?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Matt greg has signed back with us.
    great move from the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry Boy View Post
    Matt greg has signed back with us.
    great move from the club.
    Matt is a decent keeper alright but i really don't feel our problem is in nets, actually i know our problem is not in nets, i've watched enough games this season to know that. He is a good addition to the squad but i feel and in my opnion i think the money could have been spent much better - bringing in a good quality defender or more importantly centre midfielder.

But in saying that, best of luck to Matt and good to have him back at the club.
    Last edited by Roo69; 26/07/2010 at 2:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    Matt is a decent keeper alright but i really don't feel our problem is in nets, actually i know our keeper is not in nets, i've watched enough games this season to know that. He is a good addition to the squad but i feel and in my opnion i think the money could have been spent much better - bringing in a good quality defender or more importantly centre midfielder.

But in saying that, best of luck to Matt and good to have him back at the club.

Totally agree with you, kaner is not our main problem at the moment he is still young and he is doing a good job.. its a real kick in the balls for kaner because matt left dundalk cos he was not getting first team games so therefore he will know be first choice,, money could have been spent in other areas,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Roo have to disagree with you on the keeper issue, conceding 50 goals in 21 games is just not good enough, yes kaner is young and inexperienced and it's not his fault to find himself up against premier div strikers every week, but if you have an experienced keeper playing behind the defence should make a difference and install some confidence in the back four,what Matt will bring straight away is a height advantage, and good talker just 2 attributes which failed Kaner IMO.
    Whether the money should be spent elsewhere is a good arguement as we have not scored in 8 out of 11 home league games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Heard a rumour that Robbie Doyle has left the club!
    roddy collins should be a comedian!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    Heard a rumour that Robbie Doyle has left the club!
    Wouldn't be surprised really, himself and Gormley have never seen eye to eye and Gormley being Gormley and doing whats best for him rather than the team and club has has used Doyle as a bit part player since the 4-0 away loss to Sligo when they had words (At half time Gormley blamed Doyle on Bray being 4-0 down at half time, Doyle told him were to go and was taken off at half time, something similar happened after the Bohs match the other night from what i've been told from a few players, Gormley blamed him for going down 3-0 even though he was only on the pitch 20 or so minutes, Doyle is to blame to, idiot for mouthing back at his manager but Gormley knew what type of player he was signing).

The players and the management team really need to sit down and have clear the air talks, Gormley seems to have really bad man management skills, so many players have walked away from the club because of him and the way he does things. It all needs to be sorted before it gets any worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast