Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Brady (M Preston b.1992)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Article here on football365 that playing Brady at left full might be an indicator of a wider malaise at Old Trafford: http://www.football365.com/f365-says/7908276/F365-Says
    but when spain play a left mid at left back its inspired

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    No, the left back is inspired.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Will be on here from 7pm: http://www.nutjob.eu/

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Might as well be playing left wing, United are playing that far up the pitch. Familiar site as United go to a foreign country and their support outnumbers the home team by about 9:1.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Wingers are a dying breed if not already dead, as per usual in England they're slow to adopt global trends so its in more of a dying stage than absolute death there but I doubt any young player who has ambitions at the highest level would be wise to mold themselves as an out and out wingers. Fullbacks are the new wingers and quickly becoming one of the most important positions on the pitch, Brady learning to play there can only be good news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Just started watching there but turns out Brady's coming off. Ho hum.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    Wingers are a dying breed if not already dead, as per usual in England they're slow to adopt global trends so its in more of a dying stage than absolute death there but I doubt any young player who has ambitions at the highest level would be wise to mold themselves as an out and out wingers. Fullbacks are the new wingers and quickly becoming one of the most important positions on the pitch, Brady learning to play there can only be good news.
    I don't know much about Brady but I thought he was an attacking midfielder rather than a winger.

I fully agree about full backs becoming crucial in the modern game, especially with regards to developing moves, but I'd still prefer Brady to become a bona fide attacking player rather than an attacking full back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He looked good going forward but a lot of United's play went through the congested centre. He got caught out on the wrong side defensively a few times though. The Guardian report mentions he "showed promise" at left back: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...u-south-africa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Seems to reckon he is being molded into Evra's understudy for the season. He didn't play in the draw against Ajax Cape Town yesterday, which is arguably just as well.

"After the press conference, I had an idea I was going to play and, when I got the confirmation, I was over the moon. I didn't see [what the manager said] myself but what I heard was good and I'm delighted about that. It gave me more confidence going into the game.

"It's new to me at left-back but, like I've said, I'm enjoying it. They've been moulding me for the last two weeks into being able to start in that position. Hopefully, I can get better as it goes on. I suppose, if I keep on progressing, I'd like to try and take it [a regular first-team spot] at some stage."
    http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour2012Tea...t-amazulu.aspx

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I don't know much about Brady but I thought he was an attacking midfielder rather than a winger.

I fully agree about full backs becoming crucial in the modern game, especially with regards to developing moves, but I'd still prefer Brady to become a bona fide attacking player rather than an attacking full back.
    My point is that the modern fullback is essentially the old fashioned line hugging winger. The attacking full back of old is the regular full back these days because they're all expected to attack. It's a very good role for him to be taught in for the long term, Ireland aren't playing that position at the moment but I'd be surprised if we stick with 4-4-2 for much longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Supposedly a distant cousin of the NFL's Tom Brady. Tom was a late bloomer, didnt start much at Michigan until he was a Jr. So Rob may be the next Roy Keane.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Supposedly a distant cousin of the NFL's Tom Brady. Tom was a late bloomer, didnt start much at Michigan until he was a Jr. So Rob may be the next Roy Keane.
    Hardly a late bloomer. Most college QBs don't play until they're juniors (third year university students).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Is he really? Where did you hear that? Love Tom Brady and have travelled to various parts of America to watch him play. A grandson of a Co. Cavan man and arguably the best quarter back of all time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    He got drafted in the 7th round Colbert. And yes, many big schools like Michigan, ND et all start Freshman all the time. Oregon, Auburn, Alabama have all started Freshman in the last 5 years. Boise too. I went to Colorado and although we suck we are choosing between a red shirt and a true Frosh.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Started against Shanghai Shenhua, starting at left full again, although Sky Sports have him playing behind Nick Powell in a 4-4-1-1
    Live on Man Utd TV for free if you have Sky or NTL
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    No, he didn't get drafted the the seventh round. A freshman has never started on a national championship winning team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    redcafe don't sound convinced of him at LB. Many describing him as too raw for this level and not a suitable backup for Evra. Worryingly its mostly his attacking traits of picking passes that seem to be most at fault, haven't heard of any defensive complaints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Shame he just started the move that led to the opening goal with a nice precise pass down the line.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    And there you have it, proved all the doubters wrong in one full sweep with one pass
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    finished 1-0 to United.
    Brady played the full 90 minutes, one of only four starters to do so
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast