Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kenna resigns fron the Saint

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Which is how he did so well with us. Nearly saved us from relegation, got promoted with a record points tally, League Cup Final, FAI Cup semi, league Cup semi, top half of the league, all on the smallest budget in the Premier. Obviously a tactical dunce.

Best of luck to him. Interesting to see how he gets on.
    Afraid the same can not be said about his stay at Dalymount. appaling man management and completely out of his depth. Hopefully for St pats he has improved since then but the impression was one of a small club man unable to cope with any level of expectation.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,243 Posts
    Can't imagine there being much in the way of expectation down Richer way at the moment. Avoid relegation; a target he knows well how to achieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Can't imagine there being much in the way of expectation down Richer way at the moment. Avoid relegation; a target he knows well how to achieve.
    hmmm for this season maybe(given where things are) but longer term - even next season - I suspect a lot more would be expected of whoever gets the job longer term. To be fair agree that at least he is experienced and with so little of the season to go that is an advantage for Pats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noisecontrol View Post
    Whats with all the negative posts about Rodgers, has he been very poor this season?
    Rogers was atrocious when he was with us, think it was 2006. He made some poor decisions and that's why he only lasted a year.

I was surprised with how well he played against us last year for Galway but what I've seen of him this year for Pats is what I remember from his time down here.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I think ive said it before that he(Gary Rogers) always seems to play well against Dundalk!!!

On the Mahon appointment,shrewd move from Pats IMO,he will easily guide them to safety.I think only under Kenna would they have been relegation material
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    Still a bit dubious if you ask me. There are always rumours flying around and if you, as a Bohs fan, believe all that is coming from the Hoops camp then you are pretty naive.
    First your looking for sources, then you tell me not to believe them! I dont know on what basis that you are asserting that a post of mine is dubious, I would suggest that there is nothing in my record of posting here for you to jump to that conclusion. I know who to trust and if the gossip is credible enough then I will continue to post it. If I am found to be wumming I would expect a ban. If you want to ban credible rumours from being posted you can report me "dong".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Which is how he did so well with us. Nearly saved us from relegation, got promoted with a record points tally, League Cup Final, FAI Cup semi, league Cup semi, top half of the league, all on the smallest budget in the Premier. Obviously a tactical dunce.

Best of luck to him. Interesting to see how he gets on.
    I wouldn't actually disagree with Sheridan's assessment too much. I laud and greatly respect Pete's reorganisation of the club following the deterioration of its structures under Doolin. However, I understand his man management was rubbing young players up the wrong way, particularly towards the end. I think it may have been an added factor in Conan's departure. While I don't think he was a poor tactician I didn't consider him a great one either. I feel his over tinkering with line ups and players' positioning added to our poor showing in the latter half of his last season. I think Pete's main strengths at UCD were his organising of the club structurally and eye for young players (supplemented by a good network).

I think he is a good short term appointment for Pat's and his experience should be beneficial in seeing them through the remainder of the season. At over 60 years old I don't think it's a long term one though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,243 Posts
    Is he the greatest manager ever? No. Is he tactically "a bit clueless"? No. (As you say) Were there worse options available for Pat's? Definitely.

I think there were more problems in the team last year than just tinkering with positions and what have you. Complacency from the older players, a weak squad compared with the rest of the division, no forwards (without which we couldn't find the net to save our lives, which led to low morale) and other factors. I don't think one season (one half-season even; we were out of the relegation zone into the last round of games) should colour four seasons of relative success unduly.

I haven't heard anything linking Pete with Conan's departure, but will bow to you if you've heard otherwise. Conan went for a position within the club which was then cancelled, and he took a similar position at Fungus. There was a distinct lack of communication, but I don't think Pete was to blame there. Again though, you may have heard other stories.

I've heard rumours of man-management alright, although very few players left the club for that reason that I'm aware of, and fewer went on to be successes elsewhere. I don't think that's a coincidence. Sheridan's comment that "adults" won't put up with his man-management style is obvious trolling on his behalf given that we had plenty of non-students in our team in the past few years.

But sure, time will tell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Did you just answer yourself there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,243 Posts
    I don't know...?

I think Pete's a lot better than Sheridan's making out. I think Sheridan says a lot of things to get a rise out of people, and this may or may not be one of them.

Does that answer the question I'm not sure I posed myself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I think there were more problems in the team last year than just tinkering with positions and what have you. Complacency from the older players, a weak squad compared with the rest of the division, no forwards (without which we couldn't find the net to save our lives, which led to low morale) and other factors. I don't think one season (one half-season even; we were out of the relegation zone into the last round of games) should colour four seasons of relative success unduly.
    The players let us down badly but I feel there was enough quality in there to have kept us up. I feel Mahon ran out of ideas in the end.

I haven't heard anything linking Pete with Conan's departure, but will bow to you if you've heard otherwise. Conan went for a position within the club which was then cancelled, and he took a similar position at Fungus. There was a distinct lack of communication, but I don't think Pete was to blame there. Again though, you may have heard other stories.
    As I said, it was an added factor. I've heard he didn't like Mahon's management style at all.

Sheridan's comment that "adults" won't put up with his man-management style is obvious trolling on his behalf given that we had plenty of non-students in our team in the past few years.

But sure, time will tell.
    Sheridan's a bit of a contrarian, a lot of his comments have to be taken with a grain of salt. I was just saying that there was an element of truth in his post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,642 Posts
    the longer in the past Mahons Bohs tenure is, the less inclined i am to blame him for what happened with our team post-Roddy. Granted, he may have not had the personality to cope with one of the bigger jobs in the league but he did some great work in the club with Roddy and that has been forgotten. I am more inclined now to blame the players that were at the club then who, for all intents and purposes, appeared to just stop playing for the guy. He totally lost the dressing room and really quickly. As fans, we reacted poorly when he left.

Compared to the spoofers we have had since, he stands up quite favourably.

I hope he can do a good job at Pats. Bohs Pats games were always my favourite fixtures.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Gill confirmed by Gill as assistant.
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    True, that's all he has to do this year. Not the worst short term appointment. Can't see him being the long term answer. Would be quite happy with S Kenny for next year.

(Wasn't that the sequence of managers at Bohs post Roddy ? Mahon, followed by Kenny - Seemed to work out well last time )
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    First your looking for sources, then you tell me not to believe them! I dont know on what basis that you are asserting that a post of mine is dubious, I would suggest that there is nothing in my record of posting here for you to jump to that conclusion. I know who to trust and if the gossip is credible enough then I will continue to post it. If I am found to be wumming I would expect a ban. If you want to ban credible rumours from being posted you can report me "dong".
    To be fair, it would take a bit more to fall under that category. No fear of it being called that.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Best of luck to Pete Mahon at Pats. There should be a real buzz about the place for the game against City on friday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheao View Post
    Best of luck to Pete Mahon at Pats. There should be a real buzz about the place for the game against City on friday night.
    Dont count on it
    Here on a technicality.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Take a draw tbh
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,243 Posts
    His first game "re-unites" him with Doolin?

Excellent! He'll be well up for that one anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Dont count on it
    Best change you username so....SadSaint?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456