Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stand up to Politically Correct ticketing

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stand up to Politically Correct ticketing

I am sick and tired of the FAI going along with giving tickets to EL clubs but ignoring the Man Utd. and Liverpool supporters Clubs who represent the vast majority of Irish fans of football. Let's face a few facts:

1) 90% of the kids playing underage dream of playing for United or Liverpool not in the EL. No crime there.

2) 90% of the fans the FAI are happy to have and call the best in the world ane in truth United or Liverpool fans. This may upset some EL hardliners but it is simple truth.

3) Each club has more support in Ireland than all EL clubs combined with United by far the most popular club in Ireland north south east and west. United is not only the country's biggest club by a mile it is also a force for bringing people together. Scratch a Linfield or Bohs fan, an Glentoran or Rovers fan and you usually find a United fan or maybe Liverpool.

4) We should be encouraged cos the Irish fans show that despite all the stereotype thousands of United and Liverpool can actually get on together.

Let's stop the PC nonsense. The huge majority of the people at all Ireland games are United and Liverpool and should not be insulted by the FAI's ticketing arrangements.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    shouldn't you be telling the FAI all this?

as for your stats, where did they come from?
    Last edited by joe; 25/01/2004 at 12:09 PM.

Neil
    Shouldn't you be ironing your english jersey and getting ready to go to the pub?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    What an arse you are. The eL fans get treated better by the FAI cos we are the FAI. Do you think the FAI would be around if there was no eL?

**** off back to your TV screen mucker.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Stand up to Politically Correct ticketing

Originally posted by IrelandUnited
    I am sick and tired of the FAI going along with giving tickets to EL clubs but ignoring the Man Utd. and Liverpool supporters

The huge majority of the people at all Ireland games are United and Liverpool and should not be insulted by the FAI's ticketing arrangements.
    Which of these two statements is true?

If the huge majority of people at all Ireland games are Man Utd or Liverpool supporters, then the FAI cannot be discriminating against them by not selling them tickets.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'm not a particular eL club fan (see Waterford now and again),but I have no problem with true eL fans being given preference.Haven't you been at a Senior International,who does all the singing?Liverpool fans?United Fans?
    Anyway what is the fascination with supporting some town in another country with no connection or relevence to these people at all.
    <insert witty remark>

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Beavis. I think we can safely assume this is your not so better half, Butt - head?
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Presumably your refering to my latter statement.I expected yous to realise I meant people living here,obviously there's a significance for people actually living in England.

People I know say to me that they were for example delighted that Man U won today,I say and why exactly did that delight you?
    Manchester,a town in North England, them an Irishman from Dublin,sorry but I fail to see the connection.
    At least if it was Celtic there would be an argument/basis for wanting to follow them.(some may argue there's not)

Anyway agree or disagree that's my opinion,I don't see the resoning behind supporting a team that has nothing whatso ever to do with someone.But obviously they're entitled too and I wouldn't criticise them I just can't see the point.
    <insert witty remark>

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Sorry Beavis, but I was referring to our new amigo banging on about how come United/Liverpool/Ipswich Town etc. supporters aren't getting a fair deal from the FAI and using crap statistics which Bald Student rightly points out are sh*te. Hence the suggestion for a more appropriate username.

Support your country's domestic game! Otherwise you may as well buy yourself a three w*nkers across my chest shirt and follow the tans. Not much difference between them and United or any other English club as far as I'm concerned.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is Does anyone actually believe that this guy is being serious, and not on a wind up?

Ireland United? Isnt that some sorta IRA slogan??
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The discrimination is in that there will be a set aside number of tickets for EL fans whereas Man Utd. fans who, whether you like it or not, ARE the majority get no such preference through they supporters clubs.

That is all I am saying. You can insult all you like by referring to three wa*kers and tans but you are simply insulting the majority of your fellow Ireland fans. The vast majority of football related conversations at work tomorrow morning will be about Man U today or Liverpool yesterday and you can insult all you like the fact is I am right and feel no need to apologise for it just to please some agenda.

Good luck to EL teams. I have every respect for them but please do not get all high and mighty and insult a fellow fan who has the honesty to admit he is a United fan and ask for a fair crack of the whip.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is a wake up call to all "Irish" celtic?ManUtd/Chelsea/Torquay Utd fans. All the above teams are English. If you feel aggrieved for not eggting tickets to your chosen international country, contact the FA in Lancaster gate. I believe its in London, England somewhere.

Afterall, you are an English supporter, are you not?

Now, go away.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Re: Stand up to Politically Correct ticketing

I am sick and tired of the FAI going along with giving tickets to EL clubs but ignoring the Man Utd. and Liverpool supporters Clubs who represent the vast majority of Irish fans of football. Let's face a few facts:

1) 90% of the kids playing underage dream of playing for United or Liverpool not in the EL. No crime there.

2) 90% of the fans the FAI are happy to have and call the best in the world ane in truth United or Liverpool fans. This may upset some EL hardliners but it is simple truth.

3) Each club has more support in Ireland than all EL clubs combined with United by far the most popular club in Ireland north south east and west. United is not only the country's biggest club by a mile it is also a force for bringing people together. Scratch a Linfield or Bohs fan, an Glentoran or Rovers fan and you usually find a United fan or maybe Liverpool.

4) We should be encouraged cos the Irish fans show that despite all the stereotype thousands of United and Liverpool can actually get on together.

Let's stop the PC nonsense. The huge majority of the people at all Ireland games are United and Liverpool and should not be insulted by the FAI's ticketing arrangements.
    Politically correct - I don't think so. Postive discrimination, Most probably.

But one reason why the FAI acknowledge fans of eircom League clubs is that there would be no international team without a senior domestic league.

The ppl who support eircom League clubs should therefore have access to international tickets.

As for the reasons we get these tickets perhaps you could go away and do your homework first and then tell me how and why it came about.

Secondly can you stand over your stats and claims?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Do you insult all your workmates and friends face to face as well Gary?

If we all "go away" there will be no one left for heaven's sake. I am not being bitter to you but listen to yourself. I have been going to Ireland games for donkey's years. I am also a fan of the most popular club in the country as are thousands of others. OK they are based in England. So what?

Do we have to take the boat? are we less Irish than you? What do you do in football conversations at work? Pretend it isn't about United.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    soccerc I use 90% and maybe that is a figure taken from thin air but you can't seriously believe that there is any doubt that between them United and Liverpool represent the huge majority of Irish fans. Go to any pub when the two play each other and it is packed.

I love United and always have. You can love EL and good for you I hope you enjoy it I truly do. My point is simply that the PC attitude to people like me is insulting and there is more and more of it from the tiny minority who take it upon themselves to be "real fans".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    you can't seriously believe that there is any doubt that between them United and Liverpool represent the huge majority of Irish fans.
    I may be way off the mark here but I assume that being fans of football, the majority of eL fans also take an interest in clubs who participate in foreign leagues. I don't think it's reasonable to distinguish between someone who follows Liverpool and someone who follows Limerick. There are people who follow the eircom League and there are those who do not.
    Certain interested parties brokered a deal with the FAI on behalf of the eircom League supporters to ensure that they could be accomodated in one area of the ground. They should be commended for this achievement. I can assure you that the majority of people getting tickets under this agreement were already going to Ireland games. The major difference is that it's now organised.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    I'm laughing at you ireland united.I honestly feel sorry for you.There heve been many stupid posts on this message board but your posts top the lot.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    You can love EL and good for you I hope you enjoy it I truly do. My point is simply that the PC attitude to people like me is insulting and there is more and more of it from the tiny minority who take it upon themselves to be "real fans".
    You've missed my point completely.

Firstly, it was not a politically correct decision to provide tickets to eL fans for one section of the ground. In my humble opinion it was the correct decision even though it was difficult to broker.

Secondly, you use the words Irelandunited as your nick and as Peadar rightly pointed out many of those now going as eircom league supporters were already going regardless.

However, we are now going as one "United" grouping, as supporters of eL clubs providing atmosphere and vocal support.

As for "Real Fans" I can't stand that tag but understand where some are coming from in the use of the phrase.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Bosco
    I'm laughing at you ireland united.I honestly feel sorry for you.There heve been many stupid posts on this message board but your posts top the lot.
    Considering what I am saying is true I find that strange. As for feeling sorry for me that is the kind of offensive little Irelandism that ignores reality.

Fair play to the fellas who organmized the EL ticket scheme but the tone of some posts on here reveal exactly what I am saying. Tiny little self appointed elite laughing and feeling sorry for people who honestly express an opinion about our football which happens to be true - offensive to the chosen ones but true anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    No one here will disagree that the majority of soccer fans in ireland are man u or liverpool fans.But the fact that you think that these fans should be rewarded for spending there money supporting british clubs is why i feel sorry for you.

Why do you think the fai started the el section?
    To try and encourage people to go to eircom league games and convert them into el fans instead of barstoolers.This is also the reason that at the georgia match they gave out free tickets to an el game.
    So you are a barstooler,something the fai are trying to stop and you think that you and your fellow barstoolers should allocated tickets for ireland games by the fai.

And as for what do el fans talk about when everyone else is talking about the premiership etc.
    Do you think that we go to el games and then watch no other soccer.We are soccer fans not just el fans.I'll watch any soccer from kilkenny city to bolton to sparta prague.I know almost as much about soccer in england as i do about irish soccer.I often find i know more about english soccer than most people who claim to support english teams.

And the point was made that all the noise comes from the el section at internationals.I was on the south terrace(where the majority of people are liverpool and man u supporters) for the russia game and it was a terrible atmosphere the only people singing were me a fella in a shels jersey and some fella who i think may have had a little too many.And when i say sing i mean sing to all the songs not just come on u boys in green,ole ole etc.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast