Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 5128

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangball View Post
    Ryan Mason from Spurs.........
    I had a look through both line-ups and benches but couldn't see any obvious candiates. I see Mason has played for England at under-19 and under-20 level. Has there been talk of him possibly being eligible for us or are you just speculating very loosely?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Mason would be a great addition. Reminds me of a young Mark Noble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Has there been talk of him possibly being eligible for us or are you just speculating very loosely?
    Glorious pub talk - when I was watching Spurs/Utd one of the barmen says Mason has family in Cabra and is being looked at by the Irish management, literally paid no heed to this but then saw Kinger in the crowd with Hodgson and pretty much straight away the next morning see this - which screams of "Please don't leave us"

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/socc...e-kind-5325297

I'm drawing conclusions based upon some very tenuous evidence, I''ll fit in well around here.....
    You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,099 Posts
    Glorious pub talk - when I was watching Spurs/Utd one of the barmen says Mason has family in Cabra and is being looked at by the Irish management, literally paid no heed to this but then saw Kinger in the crowd with Hodgson and pretty much straight away the next morning see this - which screams of "Please don't leave us"

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/socc...e-kind-5325297

I'm drawing conclusions based upon some very tenuous evidence, I''ll fit in well around here.....
    Interesting that. Dya reckon the bar man was talking garbage or does Mason genuinely have family in Dublin?

I think he's a good player but I'm not sure whether he'd have much of an international career for England. That article seems to overstate how good he's been. But he has been good.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,700 Posts
    He definitely has a culchie chin on him, if that photo in the mirror.ie link is anything to go by. Possibly Roscommon?

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    If that's true re Mason ie. that he has Irish blood, then expect Hodgson to call him up for their squad v Lithuania.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Jeez, won't believe this is true until a taxi driver confirms it.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Bamford in England U21 squad. No sign of our bequiffed friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Bamford in England U21 squad. No sign of our bequiffed friend.
    If you're referring to "He who cannot be named" (It rhymes with Smack Fealish) did you see you see his St Patrick's Day tweet? He's either still on board or setting himself up for the ultimate heel turn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Callum Wilson included too. Another we were supposedly chasing.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Kane gets his senior England call-up; a very proud day for him and family, according to his Twitter. Someone needs to have a serious word with his da!

14. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    If you're referring to "He who cannot be named" (It rhymes with Smack Fealish) did you see you see his St Patrick's Day tweet? He's either still on board or setting himself up for the ultimate heel turn
    Daniel Crowley too. They're teasing us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    They are going to wait until they are good enough to play for England, till they get called up to the England squad for World Cup 2018, till they pose in an England kit for a photo shoot with Roy Hodgson for 4-4-2 magazine's "England's future is in good hands" cover story and then they are going to hit Roy Hodgson with a steel chair on the back of the head when he turns around, hulk out and tear off their England kits revealing Ireland jerseys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Daniel Crowley too. They're teasing us.
    This was published on Crowley just yesterday: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/...ll-over-europe
    There's some relevant quotes in the article, the full article has some vids of him playing as well
    The defensive lock-picker made his Aston Villa Under-16s debut at the tender age of 12, and England calls-ups swiftly followed. Crowley has made 13 appearances for England’s under-17s so far, and the landmark under-18s call is surely just round the corner.
    Crowley could yet choose to represent the Republic of Ireland, despite his appearances for England’s Young Lions. "My grandparents are Irish," he says. "I played for Ireland [at U17 level], went for trials with England and got in. I’m still young and I’d never rule anything out. You just don’t know what’s around the corner."
    "In a few years' time I hope to be playing football for Arsenal and internationally," Crowley says. He’s certainly on the right road.

Also, he's been training with the Arsenal first team recently: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/...t-team/page/1/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    864 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    They are going to wait until they are good enough to play for England, till they get called up to the England squad for World Cup 2018, till they pose in an England kit for a photo shoot with Roy Hodgson for 4-4-2 magazine's "England's future is in good hands" cover story and then they are going to hit Roy Hodgson with a steel chair on the back of the head when he turns around, hulk out and tear off their England kits revealing Ireland jerseys.

Yeah, all with number 32 on the back & shouting 'up the 'ra, up the f**kin raaa'

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    I don't know what the problem is with these call ups, King informed Hodgson that we are now using England as a development squad. Crowley and Bamford will soon be ready to join us. I saw this in my tea leaves this morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    I don't know what the problem is with these call ups, King informed Hodgson that we are now using England as a development squad. Crowley and Bamford will soon be ready to join us. I saw this in my tea leaves this morning.
    It's a wonderful irony that it was a man named King who informed them of their inferior status.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,099 Posts
    Bamford is like Kane- he wants to play for England (see recent comments re his mother's family). In fairness to Crowley, he's not exactly committed to England. I know he's playing for them at the moment but if he ever made the decision to play for us then I'd be very receptive of a talented and proud dual-national.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    606 Posts
    Ah, they'll all come to regret this decision in 2022 as they watch the World Cup Final at home on TV, having not made the England Squad (who get knocked out after the group stage anyway) and see Tommie Hoban head the ball into Noe Baba's path, who passes to Jack Grealish, who goes on one of his famous mazy runs before laying the ball off for Reece Grego-Cox to bury the extra-time winner.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Bamford is like Kane- he wants to play for England (see recent comments re his mother's family). In fairness to Crowley, he's not exactly committed to England. I know he's playing for them at the moment but if he ever made the decision to play for us then I'd be very receptive of a talented and proud dual-national.
    I think Crowley is different to the others, the others might be aware of their Irish roots but if you look back over Crowley's social media you can see that he's still very much in touch with the Irish side of his family, he still comes to Ireland for holidays every year. His parents (or parent as the case may be....is it just his Da thats Irish?) are model 2nd generationers!

In saying that the Irish side of Bamford's family (his mum) seems to be quite prominent in the family, again this is based solely on some social networking analysis, his sisters are all named things like Ciara & Orla and with him being Paddy it seems that there is a grá for the old sod in the home so I wouldn't rule him out yet!

26. Thanks From: