Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 106 of 257 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 5128

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Stop saying jeez over there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    I can't stand how people refer to Jesus as "the lord". I've noticed Kieran Westwood doing it a lot. Feckin Catholics.
    Last edited by SkStu; 15/11/2016 at 10:16 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I can't stand how people refer to Jesus as "the lord". I've noticed Kieran Westwood doing it a lot. Feckin Catholics.
    If they are good footballers, eligible to play for 'the country', I'd give them a pass on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Good rural country boys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Three goals in eleven games for a 19 year old midfielder at League One level isn't to be sniffed at all the same.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He can still declare for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    “I would love to play for both national teams,” McNamara said. “Right now I don’t have any chances, and am not thinking about this one or that one. For me, it would be an honor to represent either country, and however it works out down the road it works out.”
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...ll-waiting-for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    He kinda looks like a young Vladimir Putin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    (cant link to an article - diverts to the home page) I have no idea how good or bad he is but that is pretty much the perfect answer to the question asked of anyone who is a dual national.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    be great if he does . In similar situation to Byrne at Blackburn whom I assume regrets that tweet earlier in the season which has him in the bad books don't see anyone writing Byrne off and rightly so and I think Crowley will have an excellent career and would love him to be on board with us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    be great if he does . In similar situation to Byrne at Blackburn whom I assume regrets that tweet earlier in the season which has him in the bad books don't see anyone writing Byrne off and rightly so and I think Crowley will have an excellent career and would love him to be on board with us
    What tweet was that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Jaysus... He needs to be careful:

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas McNamara
    The Irish FA just reached out to confirm my citizenship, and that was that. I haven’t heard anything since, and I haven’t heard from the American federation."
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    What tweet was that?
    he tweeted been unhappy at been on bench around September then coulee rightly banished him altogether but in fairness coyle has had him back on the bench for the last last month or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    ...and now would be a good time to have another talk with him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    ...and now would be a good time to have another talk with him.
    I'd say the ball's in his court now - if he wants to come on board at this point it's up to him to show interest, as MON already had The Chat with him. And besides, while a year ago speculation about him potentially declaring for us caused a bit of post-Grealish excitement, if he declared for us now, there'd be more of a collective "Meh" - and I don't mean that to be disrespectful to the lad, but when you look at our current and potential midfield options, we're in pretty good shape (even in a post-Wessi world) - if JG changed his mind, I think he'd struggle to be more than a fringe player, at most, and here are the reasons why:
    - Current squad players under 30 who have really started to have a major impact over the last 12-18 months: Hendrick, Brady, McClean and Meyler
    - James McCarthy is still only 26
    - The talented late-ish bloomers (but still all under 30) - Arter, Judge, Hourihane, Hayes
    - The young Championship lads starting to deliver on their potential, who have already been called up to the squad or could be within the next twelve months or so - O'Dowda, Lenihan, Byrne, Shodipo, Browne, maybe Kelly and Barrett also.
    - The League One youngsters who could yet step up - Cullen, DiMaio, Osadebe, Murray
    - The current/recent League of Ireland stars who may break through in the next couple of years: Towell, Forrester, Horgan
    - Players under 30 who may not have featured recently but could still do a job, if called upon: O'Kane, Gibson, Pilkington, Scannell
    - And a few highly-rated development players - Charsley, Ronan, Watts, ElBouzedi

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    The Sunday Times report that the player harbours ambitions to play for England, and a move to a Premier League team, or one who hope to be there next season, could put him in line for a call-up to the Three Lions.

"Scotty feels English and that is his number one priority" a source who is reportedly close to the player told the newspaper.

"And if he gets to the Premier League he will at least feel he is in with a chance of getting a call-up."
    https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/sc...ireland/105886

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    a source who is "reportedly" close to the player. I, for one, am sold.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

20. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I don't think he is genuine with this business of "resting" during the international break. But that article is horse sh*t

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Scott Hogan, could be set for a £10 million move to Norwich City in the January transfer window, which could scupper Republic of Ireland manager Martin O’Neill’s efforts to recruit the free-scoring Brentford striker.

The 24-year-old is one of the most sought after players in the Championship, having scored 20 league goals since returning from a cruciate knee ligament injury in March, with O’Neill as anxious as anybody to avail himself of his services.

After receiving some encouraging signals from Hogan’s agent, O’Neill is hoping to have Hogan on board for the visit to Dublin of Wales in the World Cup qualifiers in March, but the Brentford hierarchy believe Hogan still has ambitions to play for England. A move to a more high-profile club would be a step in that direction rather than Ireland’s. “Scotty feels English and that is his number one priority and if he gets to the Premier League he will at least feel he is in with a chance of getting a call up,” a source close to Hogan said. The player himself has refused to comment.

Brentford are prepared to sell Hogan if the price is right, while Norwich are desperate to reinvigorate their promotion challenge with the recruitment of a top striker.

“Scott’s scoring goals at the moment and if the bids come in we will address it,” Brentford manager Dean Smith told The Sunday Times. “This will go above my head because we have co directors of football who will deal with it. Brentford has been through things like this before with Andre Gray [sold to Burnley last year] banging in goals and now Scott doing the same. What we can’t do is deal with speculation.”

Hogan delayed making a call about his international career as he wanted time off to recover properly from two serious knee injuries in as many years, but Smith confirmed he was back to full fitness. “It has been a softly-softly approach. He still has his rehab and his gym programme, but he is doing everything in training now.”

Hogan’s Irish teammate John Egan refused to be drawn on the subject: “It is not really for me to comment on. I spoke about it before and then they put it in a big headline. It was just a question at the end of a conversation and my words were twisted a bit about Scotty playing for Ireland, but I didn’t say that.”
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ir...m3nbsvlg9?t=ie