Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 91 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2381

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    I would be fine if he is actually playing, but if he is sitting on the bench I don't see how it is good for his game,
    certainly not good for those who want to see him play. He need to be play, there is something wrong if they can
    pay £20m for someone to sit on the bench.
    I suppose the move will have to happen first but yes can take the point you are making. I am thinking how much better defensively he would become under the special one but on the point you make it might well be hard to see him to displace Ivanovic in that position as he is head and shoulders above him at present.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Dave, Ivanovic and Luis can all occupy the fullback spots on both sides, Luis is really only left sided but can do the job, Ivanovic would be the opposite, while Dave can play both sides equally well. I'm not sure where Seamie would fit into that. Can't see it happening, although, perhaps if Ivanovic were to start playing CD more when Terry's legs eventually completely fall off, (he turns 34 next week) then there's an opening.

Ivanovic is a fantastic player, but isn't quite as fast as you'd like a top class fullback to be, and does get caught out every now and then because of this.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 03/12/2014 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Looks like Coleman is playing in midfield this afternoon.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Starts out right wing today.only mcgeady on bench.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    He has been very poor today.lost the ball that Led to the penalty.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Everton have been pretty poor all round. Maybe a better second half, but Man City look pretty solid.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Coleman

Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Thought he was pretty solid today. Did a very good job with the ball at his feet and almost sprung an equalizer twice. Not bad for a player out of position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Yep sleeping at the wheel again.
    Lets talk about six baby

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Always knew he'd cost his side a penalty some day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Always knew he'd cost his side a penalty some day.
    Yep small details!
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    He's a liability.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Video interview with Séamie by RTÉ prior to the RTÉ Sport Awards on Sunday evening: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2014/...man-interview/

He's nominated for 'Person of the Year'.

Quote Originally Posted by RTÉ.ie
    Seamus Coleman admits he would have liked to have won more caps under Giovanni Trapattoni, but credits the former Ireland manager with improving the defensive side of his game.

The 26-year-old struggled to break into the Irish squad during the Italian’s reign despite regularly lining out for Everton in the Premier League.

In a wide-ranging interview with RTÉ Sport ahead of Sunday night’s RTÉ Sport Awards (9.30pm, RTÉ One), Coleman said: “I obviously felt that I should have got more caps than I did because I was playing quite well at the time for Everton and the manager didn’t see fit to put me in.

“But on the other hand, Ireland were doing really well to qualify for major tournaments. I know the media side of things wanted me playing but I never had a problem with Giovanni Trapattoni and if anything I learned a lot from him on the defensive side of things.”

Coleman is now firmly established as one of Ireland’s most important players in Martin O’Neill's, though injury has limited his involvement in the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign.

Ireland are in a four-way battle for qualification with Germany, Scotland and Poland in Group G, and will face an uphill battle when the campaign resumes at the end of March. But Coleman believes that despite defeat to Scotland in their last game, the team is still well placed to challenge for qualification after a heroic draw against Germany.

“We were obviously disappointed with the Scotland game but the lads did absolutely brilliantly to get a result out in Germany. We have still got Poland to play home and away and still got Scotland. It is still early days in the group and I’m sure that we can qualify.”

Coleman also spoke about his unconventional route to the top. His formative years featuring Gaelic football and the League of Ireland instead of a training contract at a football academy.

He said: “I know a lot of people go over to England when they are 15 or 16 years of age. I personally think if I had gone over at that age I would have been back by the time I was 18 or 19 because I would have struggled being away from home. I was homesick enough when I went away at 20."

Instead, Coleman became a League of Ireland star, lining out for Sligo Rovers 55 times between 2006 and 2008. “I was playing with men from the age of 17 and 18. I suppose I missed out on the coaching side of things but I got a lot more from the League and it stood me well and made the step up kind of easy I suppose.”

Coleman also considers the mentality developed while playing GAA as a teenager a key part of his sporting make-up.

"Playing for Killybegs Under 10s and 12 right up to Minors we were a successful group and won most things at underage level. We were quite a committed group and a tight bunch of lads.

"That definitely helped me, that commitment and motivation side of things. I took that motivation into Sligo Rovers and over here as well. It’s definitely stood me well.”

And while Coleman has had a superb 2013-2014 season, earning a place in the PFA Team of the Year and being named Everton’s player of the year and players’ player of the year, he is firmly of the view that there is more to come.

“I came here wanting to break into the first team and that’s what I did. Every step after that I try to keep pushing myself and I’m still doing that today. I’m not saying I’ve made it yet either because I like to keep pushing myself so I think that’s keeping me going.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,333 Posts
    Linked with a move to Manchester United this morning: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...ransfer-window
    Not sure how much credibility I'd put into it, they've been linked with about 20 players over the last few weeks, and there's no quotes from management or player, and it's the Star
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 29/12/2014 at 10:59 PM.

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Yea not the most credible of sources, plus it is not the first time we have heard such rumours.
    Obviously clubs will be interested in him being a decent player.
    They should snap up Richard Dunne too, another solid display last match.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Yeah, it's a common rumour with Coleman- either United or Chelsea linked. The suggestion of Coleman to United is most likely underpinned by LVG's rotation between a 3 and 4 man defence i.e. Coleman would quite seamlessly switch between right-back in a back four or wing-back in 3-5-2.

Definitely a gap in their side for Coleman and would be great to see an Irish player in a title-challenging side again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I was out trying to run off the Christmas pudding on St Stephens Day and was listening to the off the ball podcast from Monday 22nd December and Pat Nevin was on. He was saying Seamus has been very poor of late.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Yeah, it's a common rumour with Coleman- either United or Chelsea linked. The suggestion of Coleman to United is most likely underpinned by LVG's rotation between a 3 and 4 man defence i.e. Coleman would quite seamlessly switch between right-back in a back four or wing-back in 3-5-2.
    It's underpinned more by Rafael's persistent injury problems, and the main reason United have switched between 3 and 4 at the back is the lack of options at full back. Buying Coleman would enable United to play with a proper back 4 much more consistently.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    It's underpinned more by Rafael's persistent injury problems, and the main reason United have switched between 3 and 4 at the back is the lack of options at full back. Buying Coleman would enable United to play with a proper back 4 much more consistently.
    LVG clearly doesn't rate Rafael, or Shaw for that matter. He more or less came out and said the reason he decided on 3-5-2 right away is because he has to play Young and Valencia as wing backs.

Page 91 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast