Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In-running betting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

In-running betting

Anyone here do it?

I've been doing this on whatever live games I can find online for the past few nights, and I've been making a small profit. No major stakes, but profit is profit. Bet365 has some good markets with 2 outcomes which can work in your favour.

For example, tonight I did +5 corners in Derby v Forest in the first half at 1.9 (there were 7 corners), and managed to get +.5 goals in the first half at 3.4 by waiting until over 30 minutes in. Derby promptly scored. In the 2nd half, waited until the odds got to 2.5 before putting something on Forest to score (who were kitchen-sinking it at the time), which they promptly did!

I find that if you wait for the odds to come to you, ie. get to even money or longer, then it's just your own judgement as to whether that event will come off or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I almost exclusively bet in running. 98% of the time with Betfair
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Do any bookies do in-running on the LOI?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Some of them will do it for televised games. Bet365 do some First Division matches.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Some of them will do it for televised games. Bet365 do some First Division matches.
    They even had in-running betting for our mid season friendlies games against Leeds and Millwall.

And to the OP, be careful with IR betting when watching games online, some of those streams can be up to 5 minutes behind.
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red View Post
    They even had in-running betting for our mid season friendlies games against Leeds and Millwall.

And to the OP, be careful with IR betting when watching games online, some of those streams can be up to 5 minutes behind.
    Aye, I'm quite aware of that. I keep an eye on the Bet365 clock and go by that. The game tonight was only about 10 seconds behind, so that was ok.

Formerly: vidic-class
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I know this is slightly off the topic but what site do watch the matches live on lads?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Justin.tv is the one I use, they give links to loads of sites that stream matches. Most of the big English/Spanish/Italian games will be shown somewhere. Quality varies wildly, though.
    Check the off-topic forum, there's a thread there on live streams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red View Post
    That's right. I had a bet on the Millwall game and keep up to date with the scoring via Bet365

I wonder how much LOI live betting Boyles will offer this season, now that they are the betting sponsors. It would be great if they started to stream matches via their website but I suppose this is too much to wish for.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    A risky enough bet but it works more times than not is to lay say four goals in a match at the start, generally the odds are about 4/1. With a bit of luck if you play the market right in a shout space of time you should be able to back the same number of goals at higher odds guaranting yourself a win no matter what.

There is obviously the risk that in the odd game there are alot of early goals which screws up my above plan but more times than not, it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    A risky enough bet but it works more times than not is to lay say four goals in a match at the start, generally the odds are about 4/1. With a bit of luck if you play the market right in a shout space of time you should be able to back the same number of goals at higher odds guaranting yourself a win no matter what.

There is obviously the risk that in the odd game there are alot of early goals which screws up my above plan but more times than not, it works.
    Can you give an example of that? I kind of understand, but an example would help.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    Can you give an example of that? I kind of understand, but an example would help.
    Well for example, take the Liverpool Everton games recently, didnt fancy many goals in either game. So i would lay 4 goals or more at the start of the game for about €30 at odds of around 4/1.

After about half an hour the score was still nil nil, the odds for four goals or more had now gone to around 8/1. Now back this for say €15. You now have a guaranteed win.

Obviously the above strategy does have its risks but usually you can save yourself if things are going wrong unless there are two or more goals very close together then your in trouble. For example, i laid four goals in a Reading game recently, it was 1-0 after 60 mins, at which point i should have backed four goals and had a guaranted win but i didnt cos the game didnt look like having 3 more goals. Ten mins later it was 3-0 and i was in trouble because the odds for four goals now were very short and were unlikely to get to the 4/1 level until the last min or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Thanks for that, elroy. I'll look into it.

Some more good luck for me tonight. Backed Cagliari to beat Juve when the scores were tied at 2-2 at 9/1, and also them to score the fifth goal at 6.5. Got both of them. Lost a couple of over/unders, but the 2 that came off more than made up for it.

Dude. Sweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post

I have been doing this for a bit and with the right work, you can make decent dough.

You other option is to lay in running after a goal, then back when the market moves to hedge it and lock in the profit.

You're other option is to let it ride, but then it can really cost you(ie the flood of goals in the last ten minutes of Fulham v Portsmouth cost me £240 today) but it is more than profitable for me over time
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Thanks for that, elroy. I'll look into it.

Some more good luck for me tonight. Backed Cagliari to beat Juve when the scores were tied at 2-2 at 9/1, and also them to score the fifth goal at 6.5. Got both of them. Lost a couple of over/unders, but the 2 that came off more than made up for it.

Dude. Sweet.

Got stung on that game, had laid Cagliari when they went one nil up and left the computer when Juve were two one up thinking i had easy money.

On my account on PP i never withdrew money but i have already withdrawn two decent sums of money from Betfair having started with 35. Even paid for a new laptop with my winnings. On a bad run at the moment though, should really just stick to the leagues I know well, the Spanish and Italian leagues are much more unpredictable than the EPL. Like the Juve game, Inter the last couple of weeks and in la liga any team other than Barca are far from certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post

You're other option is to let it ride, but then it can really cost you(ie the flood of goals in the last ten minutes of Fulham v Portsmouth cost me £240 today) but it is more than profitable for me over time
    Ya got done on the Fulham game as well, exactly the type of game where my theory doesnt work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Aye,

I'm on a complete nightmare run at the minute(have basically lost a couple of hundred quid, which is a month's profit) due to things being lazy and then things going horribly wrong(two goals in the Benfica game in the last minute during the week)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Do any bookies do in-running on the LOI?
    Paddy Power will be betting-in-running on at least one game a week every Friday night in the coming season.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Happy Days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Paddy Power will be betting-in-running on at least one game a week every Friday night in the coming season.
    Just the PD or will the FD be included as well?
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    If it's only one game it's going to me premier
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast