Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: €40 club draw a big success!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

€40 club draw a big success!

Is it true County stand to make €250,000 or more profit. Over 9,000 tickets sold
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would say more like 50k profit. They only get half the ticket value while the prizes probably cost around €100k.

Still excellent money spinner.

We can use it to pay all our fines when we play Razor, Philly and Daisy in our remaining 4 games

irishstranger
    LMAO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Countyman
    We can use it to pay all our fines when we play Razor, Philly and Daisy in our remaining 4 games
    Yeah, but you don't need a fundraiser to pay your fines. In the Greater Dublin area it only costs €250 a man.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We get that **** wherever we go and it bugs the hell out of me.

We are KILDARE not DUBLIN. We dont like dubs as much as the next guy from the Country even more so as they are pushing up the cost of our houses and moving into our towns while not contributing anything to the community. I have to leave my native town because the ****ers have bought up all the houses and pushed the prices beyond what I can afford.

Geography lesson to the rest of Ireland :

Kildare,Wicklow,Meath and Louth are not Dublin , Greater Dublin, The Pale or Dublin 25.

Just like Limerick is not from the Greater Clare area or West Tipperary area

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would say more like 50k profit. They only get half the ticket value while the prizes probably cost around €100k.

Still excellent money spinner.

9000*40/2-100000 = 80,000

As far as I know the club made 120k last year.
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by LFC in Exile
    Yeah, but you don't need a fundraiser to pay your fines. In the Greater Dublin area it only costs €250 a man.

From that TV programme on RTE last night €300 does alot of things in Limerick.

Newbridge is closer to the greater Offaly or greater Wicklow area. I know County have a few supporters from Edenderry.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Estar,

You can knock at least € 110k off that figure regarding the profit from last year.

they barely covered the cost of the prizes but it was still good for its first year.

If they sold the 9000 this year then €70-€80k would be about right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    We get that **** wherever we go and it bugs the hell out of me.

We are KILDARE not DUBLIN. We dont like dubs as much as the next guy from the Country even more so as they are pushing up the cost of our houses and moving into our towns while not contributing anything to the community. I have to leave my native town because the ****ers have bought up all the houses and pushed the prices beyond what I can afford.

Geography lesson to the rest of Ireland :

Kildare,Wicklow,Meath and Louth are not Dublin , Greater Dublin, The Pale or Dublin 25.

Just like Limerick is not from the Greater Clare area or West Tipperary area
    So what are you saying? You want to be known as a dub?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think we found the hot button.

All joking aside - Newbridge really is the Greater Dublin area. As you say yourself it is only a satellite town for the city centre now. It is as much Dublin now as Blackrock or Santry is. The people of Newbridge commute to Dublin city centre, just as the people of Swords and Dun Laoighre do. So to all intents and purposes it is part of the Greater Dublin area. If you asked people in Newbridge what they would like most from the government it would be a new road or new rail link to the centre of the city. So you might not think you are a Dublin club but really you are.

"It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My god that is terrible. You are obviously just trying to wind the good people of Kildare up.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by LFC in Exile
    I think we found the hot button.

All joking aside - Newbridge really is the Greater Dublin area. As you say yourself it is only a satellite town for the city centre now. It is as much Dublin now as Blackrock or Santry is. The people of Newbridge commute to Dublin city centre, just as the people of Swords and Dun Laoighre do. So to all intents and purposes it is part of the Greater Dublin area. If you asked people in Newbridge what they would like most from the government it would be a new road or new rail link to the centre of the city. So you might not think you are a Dublin club but really you are.

ok ok ok....i see whats going on here. You got me. You have found my "hot button"

If I actually thought you were serious about what you have said above then I take back all I said about the good people of Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    We (dundalk) had a €100 draw and only made €25k profit.
    Children in the dark cause accidents.
    Accidents in the dark cause children.