Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick Supporters Trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Question Limerick Supporters Trust

Just want to ask has anyone ever thought about starting up a Limerick Supporters Trust before?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    it has been mooted, but we simply dont have the number of fans to get it up and running with serious numbers which would give a massive return. We have a similar thing called the "friends of limerick" which is a cash draw. numbers are small but by end of year (after our end of season/christmas dress dance) we hope to have more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    it has been mooted, but we simply dont have the number of fans to get it up and running with serious numbers which would give a massive return. We have a similar thing called the "friends of limerick" which is a cash draw. numbers are small but by end of year (after our end of season/christmas dress dance) we hope to have more.
    how does it work? What do people have to do, and what are the objectives?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Its a direct debit of i think €21 a month. Each month there are draws with a cash payout from the number of people who contribute. Think its about 40% of that months moneys raised goes in prizes. As for its objectives i think its just another form of income in the club. Last month we had no home games so the draw was our only form of income. During the close season it will be the same hence the need for more people to get involved. I guess its like a clubs 400 draws etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Its a direct debit of i think €21 a month. Each month there are draws with a cash payout from the number of people who contribute. Think its about 40% of that months moneys raised goes in prizes. As for its objectives i think its just another form of income in the club. Last month we had no home games so the draw was our only form of income. During the close season it will be the same hence the need for more people to get involved. I guess its like a clubs 400 draws etc
    That is an excellent idea, fair play. I would like to see some of the money going resources that would help develop a means of generating revenue for the club, as opposed to paying it directly to the club. I allow dont like the idea of any money generated going towards players wages (i know that is not the case a Cork at the moment but that was the original policy) and that players wages would only come for monies generated by the club (gate receipts, merchandise etc.)

But yeah, i like it fair play to ye. Obviously the more that sign up the better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Any idea the amount of people signed up to this at the moment?
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Any idea the amount of people signed up to this at the moment?
    i do but im not going to divulge as its quite small. i will have more forms to join on Friday next so have your bank details