Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Noe Baba

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Is Baba making much inroads at Fulham this season? They've been using a lot of youth players on and off by the look of things. Any idea whether he's been around the first team squad yet?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    No, he's only on the fringes of the 21s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin3 View Post
    The anticipation is killing me!
    Sorry to have you on tenterhooks! I have a few posts of compiled information and comments from various e-mail correspondences with my source over the past few days ready to fire. I have just sent what I want to post here back to him for his approval as I promised I wouldn't publish anything until I had a complete and harmonious understanding of everything we've discussed and without him first giving the green light. He's a Swiss sports lawyer and is presently completing a PhD on international eligiblity in football/sport. He has written and spoken extensively on the FIFA eligibility regulations and once worked as an intern with the CAS. He has been exceptionally obliging so far though in answering my queries and volunteering his knowledge, so I don't foresee any major issues. Hopefully not anyway. He's to get back to me as soon as possible. If he doesn't permit me to post some of his own comments/opinions for whatever reason (maybe he'd rather reserve publication of some of the findings of his research for his PhD; that's my only worry, but we'll see), I'll amend what I've written and include only info already in the public domain or with whatever he's happy.

My understanding of the regulations has been turned on its head in many ways though, so plenty of new and interesting stuff to come.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    The point we had been discussing here in this thread was that minors who move as part of their family to a new country, do not have to complete 5 years of residency after they reach the age of 18, in order to be eligible to play for that new country.

The rule states that "He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the ageof 18 on the territory of the relevant Association "
    There are countless players who have moved to a new country when they were children and minors and have been eligible to play underage competively for their new country.
    Though there are transfer restrictions for minors who move to a new country for football reasons, even if they move there with their family.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    What happened the young left back who started a few games under Magath earlier in the season, and scored a good goal? I've forgotten his name and before Tets gets all upset that I don't refer to Irish Abroad, I'm in an aeroplane and shouldn't even have my phone on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    I thought you were on the no fly list?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    What happened the young left back who started a few games under Magath earlier in the season, and scored a good goal? I've forgotten his name and before Tets gets all upset that I don't refer to Irish Abroad, I'm in an aeroplane and shouldn't even have my phone on!
    Sean Kavanagh. Seems to have been left out since Magath and his magic cheese got the boot.

8. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    Sean Kavanagh. Seems to have been left out since Magath and his magic cheese got the boot.
    No, he's been struggling with injury. He has featured in a few games and been given a three-year contract since Magath left.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    The point we had been discussing here in this thread was that minors who move as part of their family to a new country, do not have to complete 5 years of residency after they reach the age of 18, in order to be eligible to play for that new country.

The rule states that "He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the ageof 18 on the territory of the relevant Association "
    There are countless players who have moved to a new country when they were children and minors and have been eligible to play underage competively for their new country.
    Though there are transfer restrictions for minors who move to a new country for football reasons, even if they move there with their family.
    As a matter of principle, article 7 applies to both minors and adults. Naturalised minors have been able to play for their new countries on the basis of extra-legal exemptions granted to them by the Players' Status Committee, but this shouldn't ordinarily be the case, as has been confirmed by the FIFA Congress. I've elaborated on this further here: http://foot.ie/threads/147164-Eligib...=1#post1805271

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    if there are no objections, I'm going to move the relevant posts to the eligibility rules thread on Sunday night.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Adam, I object. Then again, I warned you not to eat that apple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Turns 19 in a couple of months, hopefully gets picked up by a championship club at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Not the end of the world at his age. Keep plugging away and see what transpires.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    That's a decent outcome

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Has he signed a deal at Birmingham, or is he just a trialist as yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Has signed for Birmingham on a permanent basis after a successful trial.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    offered a one year deal at Birmingham: http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/emm...a-3082478.aspx
    Baba, who is 19, is a more recently arrival at Blues, having joined the Club last August after leaving Fulham, where he was a regular starter for their Under-18s and Under-21s sides.

He was originally signed as a defender, but has subsequently gone on to play for Blues in a holding midfield role and has made 32 appearances for Richard Beale's Under-21s.

Although he was born in Cameroon, Baba moved to the Republic of Ireland at a young age and has represented the Republic at youth level up to the Under-20s age group.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Released by Birmingham. Hopefully gets sorted with a club. When he captained our 17s he also started for our 19s the same season fantastic achievement. Seems very religious which must help him with set backs Like this

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast