Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Brady (M Preston b.1992)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Probably, but that's the Roy Keane who captained Manchester United during the most successful period in their history, not the Roy Keane who who was merely a stand out player in a relegated Nottingham Forest side.
    Roy Keane has never been merely anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Well I wasn't talking about what he was worth, just what the original fee would translate to.

Confirmed by Norwich: http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/artic...y-2579067.aspx
    I know. I wasn't disputing that. I was merely saying that at 60m you would have a bargain.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I do. The world record fee at the time was £13m. That makes Roy's fee a little more than 1/4 of the largest fee paid, which would be ~25m of today's money. Now that's obviously not right either as it was a British record fee, so you'd have to put the fee somewhere in between £25m and £80m. I'd say you could probably adjust it a bit above the midpoint, so let's say £55-60m.
    Now Charlie, be fair. That world record fee was for Gigi Lentini, if I'm correct. And there is serious question marks over Italian transfer fees, between Italian clubs from the late 80's up to the mid-noughties, something that hasn't been investigated properly. In some cases I would question if fees were paid at all.

Out of interest what was the next highest fee to Lentini?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Out of interest what was the next highest fee to Lentini?
    Vialli £12m.... Samp to Juve the same year.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    DThat Denilson transfer has always perplexed me. I mean... Betis ffs!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    That's a good move for Brady. Norwich are very well ran club and like to play good football. Decent fan base too. But I still think they might go down. Even if they do, they'd be in a good position both on and off the pitch to bounce straight back.

As for Roy Keane. If he was playing today he'd worth around £50m-£60m. That's about the going rate for world class defensive midfielder now days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Do you fine chaps think his cousin Tom is really going to go through with suing the NFL?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    more like Robbie sues the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Played the full ninety minutes of Norwich's preseason win over Brentford yesterday... at left back.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBlackCat View Post
    That's a good move for Brady. Norwich are very well ran club and like to play good football. Decent fan base too. But I still think they might go down. Even if they do, they'd be in a good position both on and off the pitch to bounce straight back.

As for Roy Keane. If he was playing today he'd worth around £50m-£60m. That's about the going rate for world class defensive midfielder now days.
    Roy in no way could be described as a defensive midfielder at that time. He was an outstanding midfielder, a leader and future captain.
    Relative to other transfers while he was a top player for Man U, I stand by my opinion that his fee, at any given time, would have topped them all. Eg, in 2002 the record was 30m for Rio Ferdinand and today that transfer fee would be an absolute whopper, I'd say about 90m
    It's not a case of what the transfer price would be if man U were to buy Keane today from a relegated club, facing competition from one other club, it's a question of adjusting the value of his 1993 record transfer to today's values and there is a method in place to do that, to replace opinion and guesswork.
    And then there is a huge difference between 2013 transfers prices and 2015 prices, the prices have escalated higher that our perceptions.
    Barely have Liverpool sold one valuable player and people say 'good bit of business', but then they look around and see what they can buy and it doesn't match up, once all the slices are taken off the Sterling transfer they just have enough to buy a decent player.
    If Roy was available today, facing the prime years of his career, Man U would not just be competing with Blackburn, but also the top clubs in Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Played the full ninety minutes of Norwich's preseason win over Brentford yesterday... at left back.

Highlights here, I originally posted them in the Hoolahan thread but should be here too nice
    run by brady at 2.37

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Roy in no way could be described as a defensive midfielder at that time. He was an outstanding midfielder, a leader and future captain.
    Relative to other transfers while he was a top player for Man U, I stand by my opinion that his fee, at any given time, would have topped them all. Eg, in 2002 the record was 30m for Rio Ferdinand and today that transfer fee would be an absolute whopper, I'd say about 90m
    It's not a case of what the transfer price would be if man U were to buy Keane today from a relegated club, facing competition from one other club, it's a question of adjusting the value of his 1993 record transfer to today's values and there is a method in place to do that, to replace opinion and guesswork.
    And then there is a huge difference between 2013 transfers prices and 2015 prices, the prices have escalated higher that our perceptions.
    Barely have Liverpool sold one valuable player and people say 'good bit of business', but then they look around and see what they can buy and it doesn't match up, once all the slices are taken off the Sterling transfer they just have enough to buy a decent player.
    If Roy was available today, facing the prime years of his career, Man U would not just be competing with Blackburn, but also the top clubs in Europe.
    Possibly, but very few top clubs in Europe buy from relegated sides in England
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 05/08/2015 at 12:16 AM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    First league goal for Norwich puts them ahead against West Ham. Olsson is back so he's playing left wing, I think.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    https://streamable.com/anxf

Serious lack of action in this thread...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    A good pass from Noble

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    A good pass from Noble
    Call him up Marty!

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I wondered what was happening there, seems he has been moved to the wing from left-back, still unusual to see
    him in the centre but I guess you might expect the winger to be there in that situation.

Took his goal well and good anticipation of the pass, class goal all round, who need grealish when you have player like brady?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    A friend of mine was at Anfield yesterday and said Grealish was probably the best player on the pitch and couldn't believe he was taken off. September is nearly over by the way!!

Interesting about Brady going back to midfield, it never occurred to me that he was only playing left back due to an absentee. I think that's good really in the long run. I reckon we should do the same.

20. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Brady did try to return the favour with a very wayward pass that West Ham probably should have scored from.

It takes time to develop the instants of a defender even though he wasn't playing in defence yesterday. Its a pity we don't have a quality left full back as Robbie would be very useful further up field for us.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I'd be happy out with Wilson going back there really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    If Greg Cunningham can stay fit and keeps getting regular football, I think he could be a good option at LB.

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast