Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 61 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1789

Thread: Jack Grealish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I'm in two minds whether he should be called up for the U.S.A. game tbh. He should only be called up when he's ready to come to a decision and play in competitive games imo. We have only one friendly before the Poland match. We need to consider players who are realistic options for that game, and for several reasons, Jack is not one of them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    I agree. Mark Noble and Richard Keogh should be given a run out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    can someone scan the sunday times interview. cant get sunday times where i live
    I've got a copy and can't find anything - also searched on-line and no articles related to Jack in the Sunday Times today!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    I've got a copy and can't find anything - also searched on-line and no articles related to Jack in the Sunday Times today!
    There's a small little bit inset in an interview with McGeady. It basically just says what the Sindo report says - there's only the one small quote from Jack's dad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I'm in two minds whether he should be called up for the U.S.A. game tbh. He should only be called up when he's ready to come to a decision and play in competitive games imo.
    Who says he isn't open to playing competitive games for us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Who says he isn't open to playing competitive games for us?
    His dad?

He isn't being considered for selection for the game which would tie him, Scotland (a). He's put himself up for consideration for the U.S.A. game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    The implication is that he'll play competitive international football when he's ready. That'll be when his selection won't be a cynical one. The stated reason for missing Scotland is because he won't be ready to play at that level, which is probably fair enough. That he might be reluctant to play against Scotland for fear of getting cap-tied is purely your own interpretation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    He thinks he's ready to play Premier League football but he doesn't think he's ready to play International football? Who turns down an International football because they aren't ready? Brian Lenihan accepted a call up several weeks after uprooting himself to Hull.

It's not up to the player to decide if he's ready for International football or not. It's up to the manager.

Yes, my interpretation is what it is. More fool me.

I don't even understand your first reply. He is open to playing competitive games for Ireland and England. That's the point. There is a difference between being open to something and being committed to something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    I don't buy there being silly buggers from Grealish's end if he is willing to be called up for a friendly. He's given every indication that this is a big decision and he understands the implications of his actions (and the media blowback they will cause). To play in a friendly and then switch would be ridiculously counter productive.

There's nothing explicit in his father's words about him not playing competitively. Just an acknowledgement that he wouldn't be considered for a competitive squad.

Given that we know O'Neill hasn't been slow to contact the family, it strikes me as more likely he's told them as much and perhaps said he'd like to take a look at Grealish in the US game.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    He is open to playing competitive games for Ireland and England.
    It'd be hard to turn his back on us now. All the talk seems to be strongly in our favour. This is what his da said when asked if the Scotland game would come too soon: "Yeah definitely, he hasn't even played a full game in a Premier League. As Roy Keane said, let him play in the Premier League first and see what he is made of."

Of course, you could say (and I'm sure you will ) that waiting until he's proven himself at Premier League level will give him enough time to ascertain England's true interest, but the phrasing indicates that he'll be happy to play competitively for us once he's "first" proven himself a bit more. Something always comes second to first. In the above context, that something will be playing for our senior team (if he can prove himself worthy and capable). This sort of thing is not unprecedented; didn't Ryan McLaughlin do the same with NI recently, where he wanted to focus on establishing himself, or at least on trying to establish himself, at club level before entertaining thoughts of international football?

Jack himself retweeted the following piece earlier: http://betting.boylesports.com/footb...-jack-grealish

Quote Originally Posted by Cian Carroll
    As pointed out earlier, he has yet to start a Premier League game for Villa but there is a sense that Lambert and Keane are making sure expectations surrounding the boy are checked. The FAI and Martin O’Neill, too, have made sure that when dealing with him it is very much with kid gloves. Much like a guy who has just met the girl of his dreams, they have undertook a ‘play it cool’ approach rather than issuing marriage ultimatums.

The English FA are reportedly making huge efforts to persuade him to turn out for the country of his birth but having represented Ireland since U-14 level and hugely proud of his Irish roots, there is the growing feeling that he will stay where he is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    [content removed]
    What will you stoop to next to try and discredit the young lad and his family?

12. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    -snip-
    Be very careful about making unsubstantiated accusations about named individuals on here, considering it could cost the person who hosts the site a lot of money.

In fact, considering you've already said you're "done" with this place, perhaps your post can be deleted and you can fulfil your wish to stay away for good.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 20/10/2014 at 12:35 PM.

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Doc, really not on, particularly as you are relying on a unsubstantiated source. You were funny when you hung it on us in relation to SSL, but this is just bitterness and crass. Cop on to yourself!
    Last edited by gastric; 20/10/2014 at 10:46 AM.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    mod edit: post removed
    FFS...
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 21/10/2014 at 9:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Feck me lads! It's Friday night go out on the Black Pop.

JG has been given an ultimatum, put up or shut up, so expect him to be called into the next senior squad but should he withdraw its curtains for him with us.

I also think someone should have a quiet word with his star struck father and tell him to shut the feck up!
    been a bit busy this weekend, only getting to this now. No proof provided for allegation of an ultimatum from management, infraction awarded, original post deleted

To reiterate the rules, any allegations must be backed up with evidence, ie published article, interview or video, within 24 hours or an infraction will be awarded
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 20/10/2014 at 11:29 AM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    doc, seriously, are you trying to get suspended?
    24 hours to provide proof of this, otherwise it's another infraction, and an automatic suspension after your other two, and no "my mate said it" is not acceptable

Be thankful it's not 12 hours

<EDIT>

original post deleted by the doc, I would ask anyone who quoted it to remove it from their posts as well.

If you cannot edit the post, let me know and I'll remove it with your permission
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 20/10/2014 at 9:55 AM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Not to backseat mod but that up there is unacceptable.

This is foot.ie not boards or ybig.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Not to backseat mod but that up there is unacceptable.

This is foot.ie not boards or ybig.
    Excatly. When we allow posts like that ,we drag ourselves down to the YBIG forum level
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Regarding the post by the DIC (sorry the Doc)

Jayjus lads I thought I logged onto the Tarten Army forum, this is the kind of Bitterness they reserved for McGeady and McCarthy back in the day

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Point taken Tetsa, but it's getting like the Emperors new clothes on here!

Blind leading the blind.

Page 61 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast