Page 485 of 590 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,700 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lookin at that wanderers squad ill be putting a few hundred on them for the intermediate cup, they have by far the best squad ive ever seen in the MSL including some of the avondale great teams , 70% of their squad should be playing league of ireland outrageous squad if the ramblers committee were anyway smart which their not they should try and poach mccarthy as their manager, hats of to him, big teams are ging to fall to that team

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterkid View Post
    Lookin at that wanderers squad ill be putting a few hundred on them for the intermediate cup, they have by far the best squad ive ever seen in the MSL including some of the avondale great teams , 70% of their squad should be playing league of ireland outrageous squad if the ramblers committee were anyway smart which their not they should try and poach mccarthy as their manager, hats of to him, big teams are ging to fall to that team
    To manage a league of Ireland team you have to uefa a licence done not many in cork have that .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ah stop- 70% of their squad is a touch over the top. A lot of people were rubbishing some of these players last season when they struggled with midleton.

I'd assume ramblers haven't been able to sign the likes of chubbs and their better players due to other commitments. Not too many fellas can travel around the country so often without getting paid anything.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Touch a few nerves there I reckon wait and see yee jockeys there isn't a team in the msl with half the squad this team is cobh has always produced the better technical players in cork and now o neill o shea meade the lad Dolan from Galway united there goin to clean up, that's why there the hottest topic on this forum

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Ok lads lets relax there a bit. From the outside looking in it looks like they have a prem team but I doubt they'll be up with the likes of dale, mount, Ucc.
    The fact that they are 2nd div is irrelevant, what I like about it is they have a virtually local team, just like passage and that game will be a cup final I think. Just goes to show that players do actually care where they come from and not just running around to say I play in the prem and win a few medals. Hats off to the likes of Chubbs who are helping they're local team who had no team last season and was on the verge of folding. For me this could be a success story and an example of how things should be done and not like dale taking the best players from other clubs and Rockmount cherry picking. Other clubs should take note.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    McCarthy has just completed his youth cert so i doubt he,ll be in the door at ramblers any time soon !!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patron View Post
    Ok lads lets relax there a bit. From the outside looking in it looks like they have a prem team but I doubt they'll be up with the likes of dale, mount, Ucc.
    The fact that they are 2nd div is irrelevant, what I like about it is they have a virtually local team, just like passage and that game will be a cup final I think. Just goes to show that players do actually care where they come from and not just running around to say I play in the prem and win a few medals. Hats off to the likes of Chubbs who are helping they're local team who had no team last season and was on the verge of folding. For me this could be a success story and an example of how things should be done and not like dale taking the best players from other clubs and Rockmount cherry picking. Other clubs should take note.
    those of us around long enough know this happens to Wanderers every 5 years or so. Go back to when George Mellerick took them over and they packed the team with City guys going down every week. Then it fell apart. They were promoted then a few years back full of good local players then they got relegated and it fell apart for 4-5 years and they nearly go out of existence. This is the latest go at it and they will do very well. If that's what they want for the club then fine. For me they should be concentrating on building a base for the club.... Could they set up an u17s team with local lads deemed not good enough for Rams? Then they have players coming in. By the way the players that have signed have been running around in the prem with other teams and have won medals. They aren't sacrificing winning premier or intermediate cup medals to resign...they already have them. The guys I'll take my hat off to here are the lads who've played for Wanderers and kept the club going the last 2-3 years when they were getting hockeyed. They are making the success that will come this year possible...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old-head View Post
    those of us around long enough know this happens to Wanderers every 5 years or so. Go back to when George Mellerick took them over and they packed the team with City guys going down every week. Then it fell apart. They were promoted then a few years back full of good local players then they got relegated and it fell apart for 4-5 years and they nearly go out of existence. This is the latest go at it and they will do very well. If that's what they want for the club then fine. For me they should be concentrating on building a base for the club.... Could they set up an u17s team with local lads deemed not good enough for Rams? Then they have players coming in. By the way the players that have signed have been running around in the prem with other teams and have won medals. They aren't sacrificing winning premier or intermediate cup medals to resign...they already have them. The guys I'll take my hat off to here are the lads who've played for Wanderers and kept the club going the last 2-3 years when they were getting hockeyed. They are making the success that will come this year possible...
    But is there a player in the squad this year that has played for wanders the last 2/3 years? Don't think so?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zico365 View Post
    But is there a player in the squad this year that has played for wanders the last 2/3 years? Don't think so?
    Owen Kinsella and Alan Burns have

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    That's my point...none of them will play. It's the start of another cycle.....boom/ bust!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    There are only two or three that were deemed good enough to make this senior side. Rest are sticking with Junior. Lot of respect for them. No Cobh team in any Youths league this season, that's across the board not just Wanderers

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Wer all listening to this massive Cobh carry-on by certain characters here,some are nearly lifting trophies already,they will have to take down the mad posters at end of season,heard there going league of Ireland next year,Ramblers going playing in the boggy graveyard and wanderers going to Coleman's park,can't wait to grace that next year.
    The dangers of the internet right here folks. People can make up whatever they like!

Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    McCarthy has just completed his youth cert so i doubt he,ll be in the door at ramblers any time soon !!!!
    Incorrect. His coaching badges go far higher than that.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, fact is wanderers have the best squad of the 3 msl senior leagues and this should be applauded and they should be supported when they ll be last team from cork standing in the big competitions cause they wont have to break sweat in the 2nd division , they mite aswell etch their name on the trophy and alot of the senior cups locally
    Last edited by razor; 20/08/2014 at 7:40 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Anybody else want to change the forum name or start up a new forum for the cobh lads?..not a ball kicked and they've won every trophy.somebody better just tell Avondale drop the intermediate cup off to them

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Im guessing munsterkid is a fan of cobh.. i wonder why this is ? 😜
    Im done talking about a second division team on this from now on. Best of luck to them and hopefully for their sake it wont crumble!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Incorrect. His coaching badges go far higher than that.[/QUOTE]

your a spoofer pal , I was there when he did his final exam , he actually failed it 1st time in Dublin , ask him yourself !!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The intermediate cup is already in Cobh chiefscout chubbs has it up in his house.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet View Post
    The intermediate cup is already in Cobh chiefscout chubbs has it up in his house.
    Well thats that sorted so.i will ring Dave o keefe and tell him coz he looking for it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great shout zico cheers and i dont think it will crumble although its going to be hard to keep 20 top players happy considering the talent thats there,it ll make christmas interesting when avondale and the likes come knocking eric will have his work cut out for him then.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Great shout zico cheers and i dont think it will crumble although its going to be hard to keep 20 top players happy considering the talent thats there,it ll make christmas interesting when avondale and the likes come knocking eric will have his work cut out for him then.
    Haha some of your comments here are rediculous. A better squad than dales 2years ago that won 6 trophies? Cobh have 4 good players dub chubbs fitzy and davin Fact. The rest are average Joe soaps who have been playing mid table or relégation threatened teams. 4 players cant win 6local trophies and an intermediate. 11 players vs 4 no matter how good is always gonna lose. As far as this year goes they wont be long getting fed up when there hockied off the park by prem teams like mount and dale in thé cups..