Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 almost over

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Round 1 almost over

Only one game left in round 1 against Derry night Saturday, I have thought all along if we can get an average of 1 point a game (33 points) we should survive, anything else will be very welcome. so far it's on
    On last night, I didn't think much of Drogheda, apart from about 15 minutes they were poor enough
    I thought it was our best team performances this year, I didn't think anyone was brilliant but no one was crap either, I know most will say Salmon but I thought Rossiter was man of the match,
    Last edited by Darklordsbane; 25/04/2015 at 5:24 AM.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Brilliant performance last night and fair play to TC for setting his stall out early and having a go at the Drogs and we were rewarded within 2 minutes with that brillaint Dave Sully goal. Drogs are up there with the worst teams we've played this season and they look set for a right relegation battle. If we do the same against Derry I'm confident we can outscore them on home soil. Cmon de town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    511 Posts
    Have said it a few times, I reckon with the squad Town have we should be coming no lower than 8th, wouldn't expect much higher really but looking at how things are panning out so far, it's achievable.

We've only lost to the top 4 so far, can't really fault the team or TC so far given that were in 6th.

I reckon we can beat Derry and might need to, to keep a decent crowd interested in turning out for matches, given that we'll likely lose the two following matches.

Been a grand auld season so far, other than the shocking draw with Limerick.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 25/04/2015 at 4:42 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Outspoken, I find your 'crush' on Sully a bit creepy! And I've been told he finds the whole thing a bit weird!! Haha

Now, great result last night but let's not get carried away. 3 points against Derry will set us up nicely for a go at Dundalk. But it will be tough against a decent Derry side no matter how bad some people say they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Outspoken, I find your 'crush' on Sully a bit creepy! And I've been told he finds the whole thing a bit weird!! Haha

Now, great result last night but let's not get carried away. 3 points against Derry will set us up nicely for a go at Dundalk. But it will be tough against a decent Derry side no matter how bad some people say they are.
    As long as he keeps scoring goals I don't care haha. I wouldn't say Derry are a bad side at all, they are very good going forward with loads of talented young players but defensively we can get at them and if Don is back as expected we really can cause them nightmares. As you said if we win that we are set up perfectly for a big night against the champions which you'd expect would draw a massive crowd to CCS let it be thanks to home or away fans numbers.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Have said it a few times, I reckon with the squad Town have we should be coming no lower than 8th, wouldn't expect much higher really but looking at how things are panning out so far, it's achievable.
    I think 8th should be an aim, rather than an expectation to be honest. Please with how we've started, but survival (avoiding the playoffs) and consolidate is what I wanted out of the season, anything else is a bonus.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    The word I'm hearing is Tom Morris is leaving after tomorrows match, ( Don't know if it's true) can't blame him to be honest, I hope he gets a few minutes tomorrow night, lets give him a proper goodbye

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I never rated him as highly as others on here but he seems like a nice lad so best of luck to him if he is leaving. Ideally we'll bring in a couple of players when the window opens.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    511 Posts
    Yeah, he asked to be released a few weeks ago, didn't want to throw it out here in case it wasn't confirmed, he's heading back to the UK, nice chap so hopefully he finds a club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    We are without pat sully and flynner tonight huge huge blow. Don not back either as some expected. Derry without key players too but no manager wants to f*ck around the back 4 and we have to major surgery on it tonight so il take a draw all day long. Rossi played super against drogs so hopefully him and tiddler can manage Elding tonight. Would be nice to see Tommo get a run if at all possible in his last game but of course the result comes before sentiment. Cmon de town.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    what is the story with sully and flynno bein injured? wonder how long it will be for?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    You never know with Cousins it could be Gorman at centre half

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    We've all given out about TC at various times over the years but credit where it's due that was a perfectly fine first round of games. Two clean sheets in a row is encouraging too.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Flynn was playing lads! At least now Deady can make a push for that left back spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Fantastic result last night, only for going down to 10 I think we could have beaten Derry they were absolutely pony. You have to question Cousins once again taking off Sully and leaving Shaw on once he done that all and any chance of winning the game was gone and sully clearly wasn't impressed as were not a few fans who jeered the decision in the stand. Stupid tackle from Powell he hesitated and tried to make up for it and ended up lunging in with his studs up at knee high, clear red red but they should have also had a man sent off second half for a 2 footed lunge on Shaw. We should have also had a penalty for the pulling down of rice first half.

Paul Skinner deserves huge credit for another great display and another world class save and the only criticism you'd have of him at the moment would be his kicking.

Ben Mohamed was brilliant for us again and hopefully he can offer us something against Dundalk that we didn't have when we played them first time round.

Away from the game I just want to raise the point of Derry fans not being allowed to bring their drum into the main stand (same went for the section O contingent that based themselves in the shelter last night). When one of the section O lads asked why he was not allowed to play the drum in the stand he was told by the steward tony Cousins didn't want it being played in the stand. Now I'd imagine by that he meant Cousins didn't want Derry playing it in the stand and as a result we weren't allowed one either in the interests of fairness but if that's the way the club are going to treat away fans who traveled the length of the country in the p1ssing rain then what can we expect when we go to away grounds. It's a fecking football match not a library and the atmosphere at CCS is sh1te as it is, sometimes you have to wonder.

Huge credit to all de town fans who donated to the mark Farren cause I saw some big notes in the buckets so that goes to show how much people want to help, hopefully it goes a long way to helping Mark get the operation he needs.

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Have to agree with most of that except for your judgement of Ben Mohammed he is a bright spark alright but takes way too much out of the ball for my liking, but who cares what any of us think, all that matters is we got 13 points from 11 games if we can keep that up in the next 2 rounds we will be safe enough.
    I thought Skinner was man of the match by a street

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Fantastic result last night, only for going down to 10 I think we could have beaten Derry they were absolutely pony. You have to question Cousins once again taking off Sully and leaving Shaw on once he done that all and any chance of winning the game was gone and sully clearly wasn't impressed as were not a few fans who jeered the decision in the stand. Stupid tackle from Powell he hesitated and tried to make up for it and ended up lunging in with his studs up at knee high, clear red red but they should have also had a man sent off second half for a 2 footed lunge on Shaw. We should have also had a penalty for the pulling down of rice first half.

Paul Skinner deserves huge credit for another great display and another world class save and the only criticism you'd have of him at the moment would be his kicking.

Ben Mohamed was brilliant for us again and hopefully he can offer us something against Dundalk that we didn't have when we played them first time round.

Away from the game I just want to raise the point of Derry fans not being allowed to bring their drum into the main stand (same went for the section O contingent that based themselves in the shelter last night). When one of the section O lads asked why he was not allowed to play the drum in the stand he was told by the steward tony Cousins didn't want it being played in the stand. Now I'd imagine by that he meant Cousins didn't want Derry playing it in the stand and as a result we weren't allowed one either in the interests of fairness but if that's the way the club are going to treat away fans who traveled the length of the country in the p1ssing rain then what can we expect when we go to away grounds. It's a fecking football match not a library and the atmosphere at CCS is sh1te as it is, sometimes you have to wonder.

Huge credit to all de town fans who donated to the mark Farren cause I saw some big notes in the buckets so that goes to show how much people want to help, hopefully it goes a long way to helping Mark get the operation he needs.
    podge was tellin me this earlier. thats shockin form from the club themselves. I assume that there was no atmosphere at the game last nite which I find rather unsurprising to say the least. I always prefer the away games!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    podge was tellin me this earlier. thats shockin form from the club themselves. I assume that there was no atmosphere at the game last nite which I find rather unsurprising to say the least. I always prefer the away games!
    The section o lads tried their hardest to create an atmosphere but the wind and rain drowned it out, we need a roof.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    A lot of the so called Section O boys were in the stand, no commitment from those boys! I was talking to the head steward last night and he said Cousins doesn't want the away team creating a home type atmosphere for the away team. Also, he told me that a lot of the Derry supporters weren't happy with the drums and said the rest of the clubs could take a leaf out of our book. Maybe if we had someone who could actually drum up a tune on the drum it would sound a lot better instead of the crap just been beaten out of the drum!!

Cousins left Shaw on cos he's a way better target man than Sully. Shaw can win ball in the air and hold it up, two things Sully is not great at doing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I really like Shaw but he should try to head the ball down and maybe sideways now and again instead of nearly alway flicking it on behind himself to the opposition.
    I know it's not his fault we don't have players running into spaces off the ball but to use him as a target man is just a waste if it's hoof it forward and flick it on to no one
    when we are set out with 1up front we should have players racing to support him imo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast