Thread: PS3 Play TV

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PS3 Play TV

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technolog..._and_wins.html

This looks interesting basically turns your PS3 into a sky + box, you can play stop rewind play games and record tv etc nothing too special but could be good for people with out dvr digital TV like me .

But the most impressive thing is using the PSP with remote play you can be anywhere in the world use you psp to switch on the PS3 in your home and you can watch live tv or any of your shows you have recorded !! now thats good.

Should cost about 100 euro, it mentions you use a free view box but im not sure a normal sky ntl corus one couldnt do the same job, i cant see why not anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    would you be able to use this to record TV shows to the HD, and then burn them off to DVD?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That im not sure i presume a dvd recorder would work like with the sky box. not sure if you could just transfer them to a PC and burn them like that. ive seen som ereports saying you cant transfer them and some saying you can so ill have to wait for something offical

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd say I'll buy if it's a reasonable price.

Sounds really interesting.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    100 EURO i think its worth it, if you have a psp its really worth it no more being stuck in trafic not being able to see the match or corrie which every takes your fancy. Or if you are stuck in a airport with nothing to do how good would it be to be able to have your digital tv channels with you.

It all depends on it working with a standard sky or ntl / chorus box . i cant see why not

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I got a 2nd hand psp during the week and set up this remote play thing last night, its brilliant I can now from anywhere in the world turn on my ps3 in my house and watch my films listen to music or even play games on the psp. You can also start downloads so no more waiting until you get home from work to down load the latest ps3 demo you can start it downloading from the office. And then switch it off again all controlled from the psp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    100 EURO i think its worth it, if you have a psp its really worth it no more being stuck in trafic not being able to see the match or corrie which every takes your fancy. Or if you are stuck in a airport with nothing to do how good would it be to be able to have your digital tv channels with you.

It all depends on it working with a standard sky or ntl / chorus box . i cant see why not
    This isn't coming to Ireland for the foreseeable future, from what I've read.
    Last edited by gilberto_eire; 13/09/2008 at 3:43 AM.
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D