Page 382 of 394 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 7866

Thread: The say anything, what's on your mind thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    This is what I came up with. Every sound is played by an actual instrument and nothing is programmed digitally. There's drums, bass, guitars, mandolin and keyboards in there. See what you all reckon to it.
    It's a nice cover. Coincidentally, I was at Jenny Greene covering '90s dance anthems, accompanied by the RTÉ Orchestra, in Dublin a few weekends back (the concept was similar to the BBC's Radio 1 Ibiza Proms) and they actually happened to cover 'Children' as well. Here's an earlier live version from Electric Picnic:

There's still some digital production in that, as well as in the BBC Radio 1 show above, but I thought it might be of interest anyway. The Radio 1 show's version of 'Children' is at 11m30s, by the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Details man, don't leave us without the full fallout.

What did you end up saying ? What did she say ?
    I didn't say anything. That's the problem! We're never alone. There's always another member of staff there, and it's a tiny off license as it is.

Momentum is important in these situations. It's a whole week since she stared at me and I haven't got the opportunity to gauge the situation further.

I feel the momentum has been lost and cannot be recovered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    What really annoys me is that the only reason I didn't flirt with her after she stared me out is because her friend was there.

Now, every time I go in there when she's there, there is always another staff member there, so she's more bashful.

It's always her and somebody else or somebody else on their own.

It's cruel!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    It's a nice cover. Coincidentally, I was at Jenny Greene covering '90s dance anthems, accompanied by the RTÉ Orchestra, in Dublin a few weekends back and they actually happened to cover 'Children' as well. Here's an earlier live version from Electric Picnic:

There's still some digital production in that, as well as in the BBC Radio 1 show above, but I thought it might be of interest anyway.

Nice one, yeah I was aware of the orchestral versions alright. Pete Tongs are a million miles more impressive than Jenny Greenes. I don't like that she used digital drumming in it. Sort of killed the live vibe for me. Still impressive though.

I have great respect for someone who takes on a task as big as that where it could really fail miserably quite easily.

Sort of like TOWK and trying to speak to a woman.

Just talk to her ffs...grow a pair of balls.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    It's a nice cover. Coincidentally, I was at Jenny Greene covering '90s dance anthems, accompanied by the RTÉ Orchestra, in Dublin a few weekends back (the concept was similar to the BBC's Radio 1 Ibiza Proms) and they actually happened to cover 'Children' as well. Here's an earlier live version from Electric Picnic:

There's still some digital production in that, as well as in the BBC Radio 1 show above, but I thought it might be of interest anyway. The Radio 1 show's version of 'Children' is at 11m30s, by the way.
    I was there too. Great gig, they had to finish before 10:30 because the instruments aren't insured after that time!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I was there too. Great gig, they had to finish before 10:30 because the instruments aren't insured after that time!
    'Twas a good'un, but it was a shame it didn't go on a bit longer alright. Is that actually true about insurance? Why not just have the instruments insured for after that time too, or are there some legal restrictions/regulations in force?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    yep, friend of mine knows the producer on Nicky and Jenny on 2fm, she told me.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    What really annoys me is that the only reason I didn't flirt with her after she stared me out is because her friend was there.

Now, every time I go in there when she's there, there is always another staff member there, so she's more bashful.

It's always her and somebody else or somebody else on their own.

It's cruel!
    You need to go back and play the shot, but you need to do it soon or you are just going to look like a massive **** head in the offy the whole time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    There's another possibility in play here though that maybe TOWKs doesn't realize. Perhaps. Is it that she is just nice to everyone? That it's in her job description? Did you ever see the South Park episode where Butters goes to Raisins? Kinda like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Having a working brain cell or two, I did think she was just being polite to me the first few times I met her - until I caught her mentally undressing me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    That may very well be.

But to be reasonable, let's put you on the couch for a second if we may. I've often thought over the years of reading your comments that you may be a person who sometimes engages in a Psychological heuristic known as "Anchoring".

I have concerns that you assess things to fall within the constraints of how you want to see them, as opposed to the actual reality of the situation. I would also say that you sometimes have issues with your Amygdala. You seem susceptible to certain things and I wonder if it is always working properly. None of this is even remotely a criticism, and I'm rooting for you here. It's just good that we all know the truth about ourselves and how we perceive things. I would like to see the situation for myself. She may be in a totally other realm of reality within the same situation that you are. Frankly, I do fear it's possible. You should be aware for that possibility is all I'm saying, but also maybe treat it as a harbinger of a more serious issue if it does not play out the way you want. CraftyToePoke (Or IceMan to his friends) is a genial, well respected wing man. Maybe he could be present for this at some point and offer his own diagnosis in person. Or, we could just call Dr.Peepee.

Just some things to consider.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Tl; dr

You're probably the last person I would solicit advice from on this issue.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I'll have you know that in between posts on here, LeTang whiles away the days visiting sex acts upon a string of booty call beauties, acts the likes of which most fellas would be embarrassed to ask a sex worker for.

That and blazin' blunt after blunt.

In the sun.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Kris's sexual prowess is the reason I stopped going to Crackbird. I've seen things in that place I can never unsee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    That may very well be.

But to be reasonable, let's put you on the couch for a second if we may. I've often thought over the years of reading your comments that you may be a person who sometimes engages in a Psychological heuristic known as "Anchoring".

I have concerns that you assess things to fall within the constraints of how you want to see them, as opposed to the actual reality of the situation. I would also say that you sometimes have issues with your Amygdala. You seem susceptible to certain things and I wonder if it is always working properly. None of this is even remotely a criticism, and I'm rooting for you here. It's just good that we all know the truth about ourselves and how we perceive things. I would like to see the situation for myself. She may be in a totally other realm of reality within the same situation that you are. Frankly, I do fear it's possible. You should be aware for that possibility is all I'm saying, but also maybe treat it as a harbinger of a more serious issue if it does not play out the way you want. CraftyToePoke (Or IceMan to his friends) is a genial, well respected wing man. Maybe he could be present for this at some point and offer his own diagnosis in person. Or, we could just call Dr.Peepee.

Just some things to consider.
    That's up there with geysir's treatise on Roy Keane. Bravo.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I'm not going to psychoanalyze someone who holds no discernible interest in football yet spends an inordinate amount of time commenting (or trolling) on a football site, coming back under a different pseudonym in order to do so - suffice to say it doesn't look good.

If he spends this much time talking to himself here, imagine how much time he spends talking to himself on forums for things he actually holds interest in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    #justiceforcrosby
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

20. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    #nocraicbird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Just back from 3 days in Vegas. Has anyone been recently?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    What industries thrive in Vegas apart from gambling?