Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 360 of 394 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,200 of 7867

Thread: The say anything, what's on your mind thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    How the hell is a Kebab Wrap on the Healthy Options menu? A Kebab anything is the worst thing you can eat. It would take walking for 12 hours without any break to burn that off.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    This is Paddy Power's latest publicity stunt:

Some have found it hilarious, whilst others have found it offensive to the LGBT community and victims of the Troubles. I'm not sure how to respond because I don't get the link between the gay marriage referendum and militant republicanism. Can someone explain the message Paddy Power are trying to convey here, if it is indeed something more subtle than simply intending to use provocative imagery with shock value in order to create a stir? Is there a subtle reference to something that I'm missing?
    I think they are saying they will take your money whether you are a terrorist LGBT or even Adolf Hitler! It's all the same to them.

Well unless you are winning too much in which case they will close your account

As I found out, or at least I would have found out had I been winning
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 14/05/2015 at 6:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I had assumed the same here. It's definitely meant to evoke shock rather than humour, and if not, it's a pretty poor attempt at humour.

The first few times PaddyPower done this sort of thing, it was indeed funny and something very different, but alike Stu, I'm getting quite bored of it too.
    It is just about publicity, getting their brand seen.

It succeeded, free publicity on this forum and elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    This day last year, I was playing indoor football and suffered a spinal injury which left me paralysed from the neck down. This has lead to a year of getting used to a different life whilst also retaining hope of recovery. I've been in the Mater hospital since the accident and hope to leave here in the next six months to go to the rehabilitation centre.

The biggest obstacle is the lack of independence. Virtually everything I could before on my own I now have to get assistance with. Staff are very helpful though and this has helped me.

I have missed going to see Sligo Rovers even though I picked a good season to miss. On the plus side I was able to watch virtually all of the World Cup. Here's me with Shay Given before they flew out for the Georgian match in September.

So sorry to hear about this, I only just found out about it, wishing you the best recovery possible.

Medical science is chipping away at all sorts of problems all of the time, there are many things they can do now
    which were not believed possible in the past and no doubt there will even more breakthroughs in the future.

Wish you the best of luck for the future, however it has crossed my mind that being a moderator on the Ireland forum has not been the luckiest job in the world so far, tetsujin1979 take note!

All credit to Shay for coming to see you, hope you didn't have to delete any over critical posts you made about him in the past!!
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 14/05/2015 at 6:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    WTF? (Slightly nsfw)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Sending my best wishes to Aengus.

Certainly puts into perspective some of our own self-absorption and narcissism.

There are more important things in life. Don't take a single second for granted because your world can come tumbling down like a house of cards in an instant.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 17/05/2015 at 1:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    WTF? (Slightly nsfw)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    cheerio again folks. I just cant handle this place anymore. It used to be a fun, lighthearted place for the most part with reasonable debate but now its just gone to the pits with posters like TOWK in particular not being held to account for their trolling in any way or the quality or relevance of their contributions. Then the solution becomes to lock the threads and delete posts and ultimately stifle the discussion and debate.

This will be where I go to get my fix on the Irish team, players and excitements, disappointments but I wont be contributing or logging on any more.

I know most of you couldn't care less whether I am here or gone but I think that it needs to be put out there that certain posters and certain attitudes have ruined this website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    So Ireland failed miserably in the Eurovision again.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    cheerio again folks. I just cant handle this place anymore. It used to be a fun, lighthearted place for the most part with reasonable debate but now its just gone to the pits with posters like TOWK in particular not being held to account for their trolling in any way or the quality or relevance of their contributions. Then the solution becomes to lock the threads and delete posts and ultimately stifle the discussion and debate.

This will be where I go to get my fix on the Irish team, players and excitements, disappointments but I wont be contributing or logging on any more.

I know most of you couldn't care less whether I am here or gone but I think that it needs to be put out there that certain posters and certain attitudes have ruined this website.
    Ah jaysus stick around. I'll rein myself in from now on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    cheerio again folks.
    You left before? (I bet it was when the Nordies took over the eligibility thread)

I just cant handle this place anymore. It used to be a fun, lighthearted place for the most part with reasonable debate but now its just gone to the pits with posters like TOWK in particular not being held to account for their trolling in any way or the quality or relevance of their contributions. Then the solution becomes to lock the threads and delete posts and ultimately stifle the discussion and debate.

I don't post much these days either but that's more to do with other things as opposed to the site (and when I say site I mean the Ireland section). That aside I have noticed some of what you're referring to. Annoying as it may be, you're always going to get contributions like those from TOWK on a football forum and it's unrealistic to think otherwise. Whilst I wouldn't say that he sails too close to the wind, I do think that his views on certain topics have been indulged too much by other posters. But hey...that's their business.

I agree with you regarding the moderating of the section. It has been overbearing lately.
    Last edited by The Fly; 22/05/2015 at 9:59 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    I too have lost my enthusiasm. I used to love looking for new info on Irish players and sharing it. Now I just read or hang sh*t on posts without feeling any real motivation to indulge in any real debate. Sad, but true, the idiots are winning.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    I don't post much these days either but that's more to do with other things and not the site as such. That aside I have noticed some of what you're referring to.
    I think he was including you in his reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I think he was including you in his reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    Fellow foot.ie members please sign this petition.

Five masterpieces, including two Rubens, were left in trust for the benefit of the Irish people by Sir Alfred and Lady Beit. Please join our Appeal to the Trustees of the Alfred Beit Foundation to halt the sale of these five paintings sent from Russborough for sale in London. These names will be published below and presented to the Beit Foundation.
    Sign petition here - http://www.irishartsreview.com/join-the-appeal/

You'll receive an email asking you to confirm your email address by clicking a link. This will then add your name to the petition.

There is more detailed information available on the homepage.
    Last edited by The Fly; 27/05/2015 at 3:21 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    Fellow foot.ie members please sign this petition.

Sign petition here - http://www.irishartsreview.com/join-the-appeal/

There is more detailed information available on the homepage.
    Done. And posted to others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Done. And posted to others.
    Cheers Spud.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    So Ireland failed miserably in the Eurovision again.
    Once again we had Marty Whelan talking the song up when it was obvious that it was going to be a disaster. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed is king.

I loved the graphics for the winner. Will this be all the rage next year?

I couldn't work out whether the Russian singer was crying because Russia was doing well or because some of the crowd were booing whenever Russia got a vote. 2nd year in a row that has happened. Hitler's fellow country people giving the Russians the stick - now that was a shock.

Biggest surprise of the night: Cyprus only giving Greece 10 pts instead of 12 pts. This must be the influence of the panel of experts who also give 50% of the vote.
    Last edited by OwlsFan; 29/05/2015 at 11:40 AM.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    I'll be honest OwlsFan, I didn't watch it. I part watched the semi-finals to see was there any half decent attempts at songs, so safe to say, I didn't watch the final.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    I have been saying it for years- we should enter a young metal band. Metallers all over the continent would vote just for the giggle. Finland did something similar with Lordi.

I might actually watch it if we did that.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp