Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Identity Crisis FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Yeh it's funny and yes I have the same chip on my shoulder but it is exactly the sort of thing that we EL fans get a bad name for. But then again, most people who go to EL matches are the sort of people I admire. Intelligent, not sheep like, etc so therefore I couldn't give a **** if the masses hate it. **** them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rather have a chip on the shoulder than a barstool glued to me arse
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    True, death would be rather imminent in that case due to a rather severe blockage of the bowels

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post

A graphic of a barstool glued to the Arse of a pig faced dipso wearing a leprecaurn outfit is the team crest of Identity Crisis FC above it will be the inscription "IN LEMMING PARALYTICUS ERGO"

More updates is that the diamond vision screen at Pint O' Blackstuff Park will play Ray Hughton's goal against the "aul enemy" to the soundtrack of Christy Moore's 'Joxer Goes to Stuttgart" during the entire duration of our home matches. Except when "we" score a goal then the Carlsberg ad with the bird reading the bedtime story of Cascarino's bio to the soundtrack of John Aldridge singing Lilly the Pink. These were selected by the season ticket holders are the three greatest moments in the history of Irish soccer. We asked them to list a total of four but that's all the knew about the history of Irish soccer. So we decided to just create a montage of pigfaced dipsos with pints of stout in their hands outside various Irish bars around the world singing "you'll never beat the Irish" with a **** stain down the front of their trousers while wearing Liverpool, Man U and Celtic Jerseys complimented by Leprecaurn hats and inflatable green hammers.

I am pleased to announce that our latest signing from Dynamo Ballymote, Paddy Kilmartin was instantly selected by Trapattoni for the Irish senior squad as soon as he set foot on British soil even though he hasn't played in 4 years. We consider this a great honour and we wish to thank the Irish boss and the FAI from taking a break out from begging Performance Artist Michael Stone to reconsider his refusal to play for the Republic and get him in the Ireland squad.
    Last edited by Boh_So_Good; 15/08/2008 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    great stuff!!!!

whats the jersey going to be like by the way?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    great stuff!!!!

whats the jersey going to be like by the way?
    As I am typing this 10,000 9 year olds in the province of Xaing Wang Ping-Pong are making up an order for 1,000,000 Identity Crises FC 'FAIR TRADE' replica jerseys for the Irish market along.

The top will be cream coloured shoulders, with a black torso and shorts so the team looks like 10 pints of stout, except for the goalie who will be wearing celtic top with man u shorts.

The away kit with be a giant lithoprint of a full Irish breakfast with the numbers spelled out in breakfast rolls.

200 Euros each. First shipment already sold out. Sorry. Basically we are Out-Niall Quinning Niall Quinn.

Jimmy McGee phoned to say this is the only Irish sport story that mattered since Ronnie Drew won gold for Ireland in 1356 FA Cup Final when he scored the last minute winner against the doping commitee. I tell you. It's having that said to you which makes one feel proud to be representing the greatest sporting nation in the world.
    Last edited by Boh_So_Good; 15/08/2008 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    OK get this. I think I have the answer. I am going to register this club in the UK and start building a ground somewhere in the home counties. The name of the club will be Identity Crisis FC and they will play are Pint O' the Blackstuff Park.

I mentioned this idea casually to a bloke down the pub last night and when I woke up this morning I had over 100 Million Euros in start-up funds by soccer mad Irish businessmen dying to invest in my new club, a letter of congradulations from the Dail, an Aertel page of my own on the RTE site and a cast iron promise that Identity Crisis FC would be the first story on every RTE Sports report. Pat Kenny has already booked me to talk about the greatest sensation in Irish soccer since Sunderland became Irish.

I already am planning the TV ads and RTE are giving me the slots for free which they will play constantly. The ad will show Finn McCool building the giants causeways and a voice over will announce "the Irish are coming" and behind Finn will be thousands of knackers, skangers and investment bankers as well as Brit hating GAA supporters charging across the giants causeway to watch Identity Crisis FC do battle with the aul enemy at Pint O' the Blackstuff Park. While a Riverdance soundtrack plays - at the head of them will be Roddy Collins and Bertie and his two grandchildren "Slasher" and "Dog Biscuits" or whatever they were named, leading the charge with tears in their eyes. He is having a word with Minister for Transport, Dempsey to build an airport right next to Pint O' the Blackstuff Park for the 30,000 soccer mad Irish public who have already purchased season tickets so they can get in and out easy enough. When the Irish sports journalists heard of my plan they went into a state of rapture forgetting their appointments at the rehab clinic.

I need some top players from the LOI - I have already offered a fiver and an Xtravision DVD voucher as transfer payments and already I have 100 players from LOI club officials only too glad to help.

Trap will be flying out to watch the first match against Gladstones Imperials in the Arkwrights Black Pudding and Suet League which is now "our" league. A linguistics course is also being run by the club to teach soccer mad Irish patriots how to say "we", "us" and "them" when talking about Identity Crisis FC and who were are playing.

Identity Crisis FC - "We'll Keep the Green Flaging Flying Over Here."
    I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that $hite

People watch the premiership because the LOI is such a joke, $hite league, and has been for years. No other reason, it's very simple really. $hite standard of football, $hite grounds and $hite atmospheres. And that's my opinion as a LOI fan - at least I can recognise how $hite it is and am not clutching at straws such as calling the game across the water the "premier$hit" and other such pathetic references. The irony of course is that it is us that has the "premier$hit" here in Ireland, which is why none of our international players play here. Grow up and take some anti-bitter pills FFS

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is it just me or have the inhabitants of Limerick city come out of this thread with their sterling reputation as a forward looking, relaxed and tolerant people, somewhat tarnished?
    Last edited by Boh_So_Good; 15/08/2008 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Is it just me or have the inhabitants of Limerick city come out of this thread with their sterling reputation as a forward looking and tolerant people, somewhat tarnished?
    Nah, we just don't agree with your anal little Ireland opinions. Hey, you know what you should do altogether? Join one of those national parties that are popping up around the country - you're mantra would go down a treat there i'm sure. You could then use that pedestal to lecture the masses on how they're all retarded for following a higher standard of football abroad in which 95% of our national squad play

As someone has already mentioned, it's beauts like you that put people off the LOI. You're the football equivelant of the GAA bogman who still refers to 'soccer' as a 'foreign game'

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post

As someone has already mentioned, it's beauts like you that put people off the LOI.
    Sure it is..the pure traumatised wee things god love them.

We all know how dominating and overbearing the LOI supporter is coupled with the power and influence they enjoy and constantly abuse in both the Irish media and all other aspects of Irish society.

We really are a curse on this country with the damage we have done to the Irish sense of self-delusion. We should be ashamed. As a token of goodwill I demand the Sunday Tribune drop their LOI coverage so your poor wee eyes are no longer bombarded by the endless bombastic media adulation we get from Irish sports media.

Look, the more Oirish Premiership and Celtic monkies hate and despise me, the more happy I am. As for your Nationlist tag you really need to get out more, nothing but British jerseys on them "boyos."

As the man said above - "the truth hurts" and I no longer feel like being nice to exploitative British carpetbaggers like Nail Quinn and the mindless sheeple who run to him with bags of Euros.

The recent disgusting anti_LOI coverage in the media recently has only made me want to fight back against this carry on.

It's a just fight. The LOI and its supporters have done nothing in anyway damaging to Ireland and look at how we are treated in the media. It's simply disgusting.

This is just a symptom of a deeply misguided and distorted psychological landscape among the Irish sports and media body politic. It's one thing to say that LOI football is rubbish, but quite another to treat the LOI and its players, fans, clubs as no better than pedophiles. This visceral and bizarre hatred of the LOI has gone too far in the last couple of weeks. It is vindictive, disturbing and immoral. A witchhunt for no reason.

Christ! We only want to enjoy our national league and our clubs and we get treated like human waste for it.

You and the other Sheeple are the problem, not us. All a LOI supporter has to do to "get a bad name in this country" is just get out of bed in the morning. Personally I have have enough of this crap. Who else is going to fight our corner...the FAI!

Listen to me. Irish people who use terms such as "us", "we" when talking about a British soccer club are retarded sacks of impotent monkey spunk. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Boh_So_Good; 16/08/2008 at 12:57 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    OK get this. I think I have the answer. I am going to register this club in the UK and start building a ground somewhere in the home counties. The name of the club will be Identity Crisis FC and they will play are Pint O' the Blackstuff Park.

I mentioned this idea casually to a bloke down the pub last night and when I woke up this morning I had over 100 Million Euros in start-up funds by soccer mad Irish businessmen dying to invest in my new club, a letter of congradulations from the Dail, an Aertel page of my own on the RTE site and a cast iron promise that Identity Crisis FC would be the first story on every RTE Sports report. Pat Kenny has already booked me to talk about the greatest sensation in Irish soccer since Sunderland became Irish.

I already am planning the TV ads and RTE are giving me the slots for free which they will play constantly. The ad will show Finn McCool building the giants causeways and a voice over will announce "the Irish are coming" and behind Finn will be thousands of knackers, skangers and investment bankers as well as Brit hating GAA supporters charging across the giants causeway to watch Identity Crisis FC do battle with the aul enemy at Pint O' the Blackstuff Park. While a Riverdance soundtrack plays - at the head of them will be Roddy Collins and Bertie and his two grandchildren "Slasher" and "Dog Biscuits" or whatever they were named, leading the charge with tears in their eyes. He is having a word with Minister for Transport, Dempsey to build an airport right next to Pint O' the Blackstuff Park for the 30,000 soccer mad Irish public who have already purchased season tickets so they can get in and out easy enough. When the Irish sports journalists heard of my plan they went into a state of rapture forgetting their appointments at the rehab clinic.

I need some top players from the LOI - I have already offered a fiver and an Xtravision DVD voucher as transfer payments and already I have 100 players from LOI club officials only too glad to help.

Trap will be flying out to watch the first match against Gladstones Imperials in the Arkwrights Black Pudding and Suet League which is now "our" league. A linguistics course is also being run by the club to teach soccer mad Irish patriots how to say "we", "us" and "them" when talking about Identity Crisis FC and who were are playing.

Identity Crisis FC - "We'll Keep the Green Flaging Flying Over Here."
    Brilliant stuff....................very unique!

Absolutely Hilarious but as mentioned before me..................you have way too much time on your hands.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    There is an article on Teamtalk about the lenghts Stoke City have to go to, to upgrade their facilities in preparation for life in the Premiership.

The scale of the upgrade in their media facilities to deal with Worldwide exposure is astonishing.

The article states as fact that 1500 journalists come over from Ireland alone.

They don't qualify that figure, but I am presuming its the number of media units bkd by Irish Journalists in all Grounds over the Premiership season.

Hows this can be intergrated into the thread, I will bow to the creative wisdom of Boh So Good.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Irish sports media have been invited to Pint O Blackstuff Park to watch a pig with a bowel problem take a dump behind where the groundskeeper stores his watering can.

The Sunday Tribune will be devoting an entire colour supplement to the event with Roddy Collins stating "I had the pig at Carlise and I always believed in him".

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that $hite

People watch the premiership because the LOI is such a joke, $hite league, and has been for years. No other reason, it's very simple really. $hite standard of football, $hite grounds and $hite atmospheres. And that's my opinion as a LOI fan - at least I can recognise how $hite it is and am not clutching at straws such as calling the game across the water the "premier$hit" and other such pathetic references. The irony of course is that it is us that has the "premier$hit" here in Ireland, which is why none of our international players play here. Grow up and take some anti-bitter pills FFS
    I haven't posted here in ages cos foot.ie is anti-Shamrock Rovers, but this post takes several biscuits and a very large glass of gin before peeing aimlessly on the geraniums.
    Have you ever read The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald? Although it deals primarily with the cynicism of posh New Yorkers in the 1920s, it also reflects the Irish attitude to football, old sport.
    What we want is a fancy party provided by someone other than ourselves, but for our pleasure alone and without any respect for the circumstances or repercussions.
    Sure, who cares what happens at home once you're having fun somewhere else?
    Last edited by Billy Lord; 16/08/2008 at 2:11 AM. Reason: Grammatical error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    No other reason, it's very simple really. $hite standard of football, $hite grounds and $hite atmospheres.
    Some hours later I've just picked myself off the ground after coming close to laughing to death at this comment.

In following my 'over the water' team I've been to graveyards across England and Wales, full of people forced to sit by Taylor Report obsessed stewards (stand for a goal and you're berated, stand after a goal and you're ejected) who don't know how to do much more than clap weakly at a goal

The atmosphere in the LOI - when at least one of the teams has a decent fanbase is far, far, far superior to that than you get in the English National League System At higher levels you've a bunch of starstruck barstoolers (or those slightly beyond the barstool - those that do a game a year) from across the globe. At lower levels you've libraries with a few thousand very quiet souls in them. Sure, Kildare vs. Monaghan isn't going to set hearts alight, but to claim that Harps/Derry isn't up there as one of the best atmospheres in football is downright lying. Ditto Cork/Cobh, Dundalk/Drogs, and any of the Dublin derbies. Or, indeed, any game where theres more than a handful of fans from both teams.

And I've been at a Manchester derby in Maine Road. I know which of the two games was livelier, and it sure as hell wasn't in M14.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Boh so good, it's not often i commend a Bohs fan but you're a hero mate. Keep up the good work an posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm just curious. What level of the English Football Pyramid are "we"at? Cause there was a chap on boards.ie who goes over to see FC Wimbledon play So are "we" on par with them or below? Explain it to me, because as a barstooler, my capacity for thought is, sadly, below par. And I do so long to see us win the FA Trophy at a Wembley full of confused Italian day trip students

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sure it is..the pure traumatised wee things god love them.

We all know how dominating and overbearing the LOI supporter is coupled with the power and influence they enjoy and constantly abuse in both the Irish media and all other aspects of Irish society.

We really are a curse on this country with the damage we have done to the Irish sense of self-delusion. We should be ashamed. As a token of goodwill I demand the Sunday Tribune drop their LOI coverage so your poor wee eyes are no longer bombarded by the endless bombastic media adulation we get from Irish sports media.

Look, the more Oirish Premiership and Celtic monkies hate and despise me, the more happy I am. As for your Nationlist tag you really need to get out more, nothing but British jerseys on them "boyos."

As the man said above - "the truth hurts" and I no longer feel like being nice to exploitative British carpetbaggers like Nail Quinn and the mindless sheeple who run to him with bags of Euros.

The recent disgusting anti_LOI coverage in the media recently has only made me want to fight back against this carry on.

It's a just fight. The LOI and its supporters have done nothing in anyway damaging to Ireland and look at how we are treated in the media. It's simply disgusting.

This is just a symptom of a deeply misguided and distorted psychological landscape among the Irish sports and media body politic. It's one thing to say that LOI football is rubbish, but quite another to treat the LOI and its players, fans, clubs as no better than pedophiles. This visceral and bizarre hatred of the LOI has gone too far in the last couple of weeks. It is vindictive, disturbing and immoral. A witchhunt for no reason.

Christ! We only want to enjoy our national league and our clubs and we get treated like human waste for it.

You and the other Sheeple are the problem, not us. All a LOI supporter has to do to "get a bad name in this country" is just get out of bed in the morning. Personally I have have enough of this crap. Who else is going to fight our corner...the FAI!

Listen to me. Irish people who use terms such as "us", "we" when talking about a British soccer club are retarded sacks of impotent monkey spunk. Deal with it.
    Do you not feel loved Boh-So-Good??? The way you talk you'd nearly think 'the media' have some way violated you.
    The sports media cover items which appeal to the masses, as is their duty. At least 80% of soccer fans in Ireland watch/follow/have interest in the premiership therefore it gets more attention from the irish media than the LOI. Thats how it is, get over it.
    My God some LOI fans are so bitter towards the premiership its quite sad really. Get a life lad.
    Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
    Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend
    -
    Trappattoni+Tardelli+Brady=Holy Trinity of Irish Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I think your actual problem is that the 'boyos' couldn't give two ****s what you think about anything, doubt they hate you

That's great, don't get upset when the 'boyos' still don't give a **** if your club lives or dies though

Anti-LoI coverage is fully deserved this time. We have the likes of Cork and Bohs hitting financial troubles that are all their own doing, we have the nonsense talk of the AIPL floating around, Kildare going on strike, Sligo and Galway problems fresh in the mind, half of Cobh wanting to go back to the MSL, the lingering smell of Shels decline still with the league and, save for Pats and Drogs euro adventures, there is still nothing positive to write about the on the pitch entertainment. If it's a fight then the LoI is the guy in the ground unable to defend himself from getting stamped on the head a few more times

If you're getting treated like a paedophile by the common man on the street I suggest you change your fashion sense and ditch the trenchcoats, cause it's got nothing to do with being a LoI supporter

I wouldn't look through the Daily Mirror today either, they've replaced the excellent Brian Reade column with a weekly look at Sunderland
    Last edited by jebus; 16/08/2008 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Jebus and Ireland4Ever, would you guys ever lighten up.

This thread is simply TAKING THE ****!!! Perhaps you've heard that term before? In case you haven't, it means poking fun at something. Ever seen a caricature in a newspaper? Well, they exaggerate whatever the subject is, i.e. Brian Cowen's massive lower lip. That's what this thread is.

It's merely one thread on foot.ie. There's plenty of 'LoI is ****e' and generally negative threads that you could post in if you want.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast