Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post

Anyone know who is the guy with his back to camera?

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmin...7319-27083537/

Looks like it's pay day and they are taking home their wages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Look out for the papers tomorrow.... No Ireland return EVER!! They just had a preview on Soccer Saturday

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    You would think Stephen could invest in a decent pair of jeans on his wages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    The deluded world of a footballer. These clowns actually believe the rubbish the spout. LOYALTY don't make me laugh. The kids are flash? Well driving around in a big pink jeep isn't. I worked the hardest and am better than most of the new signings and players there( well the manager doesnt think), but im not a self confident person. Hes an absolute moron his family and the people around him have a lot to answer for. So full of contradictions its cringeworthy. It should upset genuine football people that we haven't shut the door to him.
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,334 Posts
    most people have, this comes out every time someone puts a microphone in front of him
    journalists know it's easy copy
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne View Post
    Look out for the papers tomorrow.... No Ireland return EVER!! They just had a preview on Soccer Saturday
    Thank God for that, having that virus in the ROI team would only end in tears.Goodbye and good riddance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne View Post
    Hopefully that will put his international future to bed forever.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Hopefully that will put his international future to bed forever.
    Agree Drummer. I just want to hear him say it though, not read it. At this point...He is crazy, that is obvious, but I still want to hear it.
    Its a shame. I was going to say hopefully Dick Dunne talks some sense into him but...what is the point? He already played with Dicky.
    Thats why i want all this to end, but again i have to hear it, i swear reading about SI is more confusing than who killed Kennedy. He needs to say on video, I am not coming back ever. Its easy, he is on cam all the time. Thats what we need or else we all know the competitivness in all of us, and the fan in all of us is going to wonder about this stupid mother loving crap he puts out or the papers lie about.
    If he really is saying no tomorrow then good, I hope it is Dunne. But please do it on cam so we can all officailly believe it for frucks sake.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I think he simply needs to issue a formal retirement from international football. Am I correct in thinking he's never done that? Look at Scholes for England, he did it years ago and the stories stopped.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I don't know why people are so keen to see shut of him. I'd be delighted if he decided to return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelmusic View Post
    I think he simply needs to issue a formal retirement from international football.
    Nothing for him to gain by doing that. The uncertainty massages his ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I'd be delighted if he decided to return.
    I used to share that opinion. Heavy emphasis on past tense. From 'grannygate' to the present, this guy has demonstrated the kind of character flaws I wouldn't want anywhere near the vicinity of a group effort. His ability is seductive but his attitude is revolting.

Liam Brady gave a very succint assessment on the box tonight. He described Stephen Ireland as 'bizarre'. Someone completely lacking in passion to play for his country, and a person whose interest and loyalty lies squarely in club football and the personal gains on offer. He formed this opinion having had the pleasure of meeting the guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...n-2307197.html

The Ireland question
    Stephen Ireland isn't pointing fingers, but he seems to have been frequently wronged, writes Dion Fanning.

Stephen Ireland's family were waiting for him at Aston Villa's training ground on Friday and not much else matters to him.

Ireland had met the press. He had been engaging, perceptive and honest. He had condemned Manchester City and their heartless project. He had criticised the FAI and Giovanni Trapattoni, hailed Steve Staunton as his kind of manager and then spent some time saying much of the fault for his problems with Ireland lay with him, not Giovanni Trapattoni.

He said he was open to having a conversation about a return to international football but later said the decision was "out of my hands. My decision has been made".
    Last edited by DannyInvincible; 22/08/2010 at 4:35 AM.

13. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He sounds quite level-headed in that interview, but next week he'll probably say the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho View Post
    I used to share that opinion. Heavy emphasis on past tense. From 'grannygate' to the present, this guy has demonstrated the kind of character flaws I wouldn't want anywhere near the vicinity of a group effort. His ability is seductive but his attitude is revolting.

Liam Brady gave a very succint assessment on the box tonight. He described Stephen Ireland as 'bizarre'. Someone completely lacking in passion to play for his country, and a person whose interest and loyalty lies squarely in club football and the personal gains on offer. He formed this opinion having had the pleasure of meeting the guy.
    He's obviously a confused and conflicted person. As someone earlier in the thread said, a committed Ireland would be a huge asset to this team.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    I am beginning to think that Man City did not think they would be able to afford for the cost of Psychiatric treatment that Stephen is in need of !

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    As someone earlier in the thread said, a committed Ireland would be a huge asset to this team.
    Agreed, putting him in a mental institution would put an end to the story for a while and let the team get on with things.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelmusic View Post
    I think he simply needs to issue a formal retirement from international football. Am I correct in thinking he's never done that? Look at Scholes for England, he did it years ago and the stories stopped.
    Scholes had a mic stuck in his face and was asked about a return to international football only a fortnight ago after the Charity Shield match.

If the manager ever chose to have him back that's good enough for me -but I don't see it happening from either side. He doesn't want to play enough for a manager to want him involved. He'd likely be a more destructive, disruptive force off the field than on it.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Ireland has taken a bit of a chance going to Villa when you consider a new manager has yet to be appointed and he could be surplus to requirements before he knows it.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Stephen Ireland displays the diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Let's consider some of the criteria for this disorder.

A. "a grandiose sense of self-importance"
    Guilty as charged. Considered himself as the best player at City. Plenty of other examples.

B. "is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love"
    Guilty as charged. Mentions money and clocks a lot does our Stephen.

C. "believes that he or she is "special" and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)"
    Guilty as charged. Only certain people can understand our Stephen. Apparently that rules out all Italians.

4. "requires excessive admiration"
    Guilty as charged. It's quite clear that our Stephen needs the love. He'll never close the door on a return to the international scene because he adores the attention not being involved brings.

5. "has a sense of entitlement, ie unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations"
    Guilty as charged. He wanted Trapattoni to bend over, lick his arse and beg for his return.

6. "is interpersonally exploitative, ie takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends"
    Guilty as charged. Quite capable of using the media to his own needs.

7. "lacks empathy and is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others"
    Guilty as charged. There's only a few that understand our Stephen.

8. "is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her"
    Guilty as charged. Micah Richards earns more than our Stephen who's only been on decent pay for a season.

9. "shows arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes"
    Guilty as charged. Needs no explanation.
    Last edited by ifk101; 22/08/2010 at 9:57 AM.

21. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Do the findings of his "research" hold up? I know a recent U21 squad contained players from all over. He obviously hasn't been following the FAI / IFA dispute! The way he quoted Keane - who has a notorious anti-FAI agenda - to support this argument irritated me. Are there any stattos out there with team listings from Ireland's time in the underage ranks?

The same FAI he is so quick to criticise for inadequate travel arrangements flew him home at some expense from Slovakia when he made up his granny story.

He also now really likes Stan & Kevin McDonald's man management skills, yet he walked out under these two.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Great impression of the invisible man ATM against Newcastle. Cyprus away anyone.
    Last edited by Noelys Guitar; 22/08/2010 at 1:16 PM.