Thread: Stephen Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Talking Stephen Hobbit and The Wizard of Cusano

Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    ...the Leprechaun stated: "To be honest, it wasn't Hammy the Hamster who died but Horney, my favourite pet Hornet". The old man was really confused now and said "Mama mia. It's a only a hornet. Whasa matter with you, whya you looka so sad" to which the Leprechaun replied "Ah, get out of my face!"

"Senda me the faxa if you wanta to talk" replied the old man and closed the door behind him. The Leprechaun smirked and threw his green top in the bin. "Won't be needing that again for a while" he thought as he put on a sky blue pullover and readied himself for a night out on the town. "I really don't have any interest in this Irish Leprechaun thing" he mused as the chauffeur driven car arrived at his plush mansion with his two grannies waving at him from the back.

..............................................it wasn't long before the little bald Leprechaun settled again, in his hobbit-hole in Middle England. There, he felt at home, and at peace, without the bullying taunts of the Eire-Orcs, his crooked teeth, diminutive stature, unkempt eyebrows, red skin and patchy hair a common sight in Mankychester.

Yet the Leprechaun still dreamt of cosmetic surgery, cosmetic enhancement and weekly beauty treatments. He was sure that he would not be ridiculed in Mankychester if he spent his pot o'gold on cosmetic treatments, especially when his boss forked out £32 million for a brazilian!

So the little Leprechaun said goodbye to his girlfriend Patty Rainbow and his four grandmothers and set off to Harley St. Market in London with his pot o'gold.

As the Leprechaun proceeded to the market he met a stranger who offered to trade five "magic beans" for the little pot o' gold, "would ye go and fu(!< yerself, I'm from fu(!<in' Cawrk too ye know, d'ye really tink I'm dat stupid?"............."sorry sir, sorry sir" said the stranger..."but can I interest ye in these Superman shorts? Just put them on, spin three times around and all your wishes will come true...oh, and you'll have superhuman strength too..and stuff like."

The Leprechaun accepted the trade and returned back home togged out in nothing but his magic Superman shorts. The Leprechaun's girlfriend Patty Rainbow and his four grandmothers were very angered that he had not used his little pot o' gold to enhance his appearance and stripped the Leprechaun shouting "Ye tick feckin eejit, what de fu(!< were ye tinking?" and throwing his magic shorts out of the window. "Ye call dat a first touch do ye?" shouted the angry Leprechaun as he sped out of the hobbit-hole to save his magic shorts......."yez know nothin' about magic and f*(< all about superhuman powers"...."stick it up yer bo!!ocks, ye're a sh!t girlfriend, ye're sh!t grannies and I wish ye grannies were dead..the six of ye!" Off the little Leprechaun pottered to Carrington for training, in his pink Barbie four-wheeler, pondering his new self-inflicted position of Hobbit-Hole exile.................and wondering if he should send a fax to the old Wizard of Cusano?........................"Oh well", he thought "at least I still have Hammy" when....
    Last edited by Scram; 23/03/2009 at 5:56 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdomkerry View Post
    I think he deserves alot worse and I know many of my work collegues and friends have a lot worse to say about him.
    hes a baldy little liar and our country doesnt need him, good luck to the boys tomorrow hope he sticks to his lying ugly bird in manchy land

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I'm not sure if this has been posted on here already but it's funny to look at it again after everthing that has happened in the last year and a half. His comments about the cars made me laugh. It's a video inteview BTW:

http://uk.truveo.com/Stephen-Ireland...30387753307588

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    Yet the Leprechaun still dreamt of cosmetic surgery, cosmetic enhancement and weekly beauty treatments. He was sure that he would not be ridiculed in Mankychester if he spent his pot o'gold on cosmetic treatments, especially when his boss forked out £32 million for a brazilian! ....
    Fantastic!

Why on Earth is there so much ****e like celebrity bannisters and the all-Ireland talent show on our boxes when this paragraph alone shows this wee country has people who can actually write.

taking the ball and running with it....

Off the little Leprechaun pottered to Carrington for training, in his pink Barbie four-wheeler, pondering his new self-inflicted position of Hobbit-Hole exile.................and wondering if he should send a fax to the old Wizard of Cusano?........................"Oh well", he thought "at least I still have Hammy" when....

...Hammy himself, confused by the mixed signals emanating from the little leprechaun, expired under the giant pink wheels of the leprechauns tosser wagon.

Though not the first time this season he'd been halted in his tracks by someone even smaller than him, the leprechaun was none the less inconsolable. He pussed and he pussed and he pussed some more, in a manner to which all have become accustomed. "Who will I take for a pint on a Saturday night now?", he pussed. "...at least Roy could take his medals ...but I play for Man City! Man City dammit! ...it even sounds like a nightclub!"

Leprechaun continues to puss blaming the whole world but himself. Lights fade to dark.

End of scene 1.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Ye have way to much time on yer hands if yer writing crap stories like that,, maybe ireland isnt as stupid as ye think and knows trap has no interest in him or any footballing midfielder cause they dont work in his "system". Some system,

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Stephen Ireland even if he did come back would not be allowed to express himself under the current regime. It would probably destroy him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    Stephen Ireland even if he did come back would not be allowed to express himself under the current regime. It would probably destroy him!
    Do you really want Hunt, Whelan, McShane and to a lesser extent Andrews, to be given the freedom to 'express' themselves.
    Express what exactly?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Cool

This would be my team at the moment if available. A team to build upon for the future.
    Keeper: Given
    RB Foley or O'Brien
    CB Dunne O'Shea
    LB O Dea
    CM S Reid S Ireland (at the moment I would play Andrews and Gibson)
    LM Duff
    RM Mc Geady or A Reid
    ST Doyle Keano
    Subs
    Long, Murphy, Hunt, Fahey, Mooney, Hoolahan, O'Dea, Keogh, Coleman, Jay O'Shea, K Treacy, Kilbane, Whelan, Bruce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Getting away from the "why, in the name of all that is holy in heaven and earth, aren't the management doing more to get Stephen Ireland into the squad" debates for a moment.

I was listening to Brian Kerr talking about the squad on the radio on friday night. As usual when he starts talking lately, I eventually tuned him out, but when he mentioned Stephen Ireland, a thought occurred to me.
    Stephen Ireland (let's not call him Stephen Manchester, some of us have left primary school and name calling behind us. Besides, my dad's bigger than his dad) originally left the Ireland setup because of a falling out with Brian Kerr in the U-18 ranks when he was 16. This occurred shortly before Kerr took over the senior side, and SI swore he's never play for Ireland at any level while Kerr was involved.
    So, for the better part of the following four years, SI had nothing to do with the Ireland underage sides, and only played with the Manchester City youth and reserve sides.
    Given that he's 22, he should have come through with Paul McShane, Joey O'Brien, Aiden McGeady, Andy Keogh, Darren O'Dea, and Shane Supple, instead he played with Micah Richards, Michael Johnson and Nedum Onuoha.

Whatever about the honour of playing for his country, it's no great stretch of the imagination that he has a greater attachment to the same team and players that he played with while he was in the international wilderness than anyone in the Ireland setup.

Just a thought.

Anyway, back to the criticism and various unfounded wild implications about SI in between bouts of amateur Tolkienism
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 29/03/2009 at 11:43 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Looks like the Manc City fans are all offended.....aw bless Get over yourselves. Ireland is a clown and you are welcome to him if he doesn't have the ba!!s to play for his country. You need to take a look at yourselves if you think that Stephen Ireland is worthy of any thoughtful debate!! LOL.

Totally laughable that anyone defending this idiot's throwing the toys out of the pram and "I'm not playing with them anymore" nonsense would refer to "childish name calling". When someone is a joke then making a laugh of them is quite appropriate.
    Last edited by Scram; 30/03/2009 at 9:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    When someone is a joke then making a laugh of them is quite appropriate.
    but he's no joke on the pitch, is he?
    zombie/thread killer..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Looks like the Manc City fans are all offended.....aw bless Get over yourselves. Ireland is a clown and you are welcome to him if he doesn't have the ba!!s to play for his country. You need to take a look at yourselves if you think that Stephen Ireland is worthy of any thoughtful debate!! LOL.

Totally laughable that anyone defending this idiot's throwing the toys out of the pram and "I'm not playing with them anymore" nonsense would refer to "childish name calling". When someone is a joke then making a laugh of them is quite appropriate.
    The very fact that you are expending energy on pointless insults on him suggests you do think he is worthy of debate

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I dont see how it takes balls to play for your country?

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    I dont see how it takes balls to play for your country?
    Well you usually need at least one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ken foree View Post
    but he's no joke on the pitch, is he?
    Absolutely not. Hopefully he matures quickly and takes to the pitch.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    lads he is right about nandos and jim carey.

He appears very nervous in that interview, I know he is young but he does come across as quite introverted. Maybe its just cos he was so young then.

Funny about destroying the cars and then giving them to his mother. very decent
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Caught the start of the Joe Duffy show yesterday & some auld dear has been sending Stephen Ireland emails via his charity web site to try and get him to come back, Joe was going to start a campaign for her. Did anyone hear how this worked out?
    Last edited by centre mid; 31/03/2009 at 1:24 PM. Reason: damn spellings
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Another example of a journalist laying the blame for the situation at someone other than Stephen Ireland's door. This time it is Giles:

"I also know that if I was in Trapattoni's shoes, I would have taken steps to approach Stephen Ireland in private and on my own.
    I would have gone that extra mile to see if a way could be found for the lad to sort out his issues with the international team.
    But that didn't happen and a chance was perhaps lost."

What does he expect the management team to do? Ireland said he is happy not playing. Why is everyone such a moron about this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    why the hell would trap go begging stephen ireland to play. FFS he dosent give a **** about his country. let him stay away, id love to see reidy back though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post

Anyway, back to the criticism and various unfounded wild implications about SI in between bouts of amateur Tolkienism

No wait ...I've had worse reviews than that.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"