Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    What has he exposed to Mancini for Mancini to come out and say that he needs his mental state sorted ?
    I'd imagine one five minute conversation is all it would take to work out that the guy is insane.

Last edited by Serb; 29/06/2010 at 1:47 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    His dolly bird was on a WAG edition of Come Dine With Me on Ch4 recently. My missus has it on SKY+.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm2345 View Post
    You need to lay off the crack
    Apparently Joseph Stalin is also his favourite humanitarian.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    His dolly bird was on a WAG edition of Come Dine With Me on Ch4 recently. My missus has it on SKY+.
    A down link was posted for it in this tread IIRC.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Watched it last night. Very funny. The gaff is unbelievable. They have a purple velvet bed unit with a TV screen that rises out of the end of the bed. His bird actually seemed relatively OK. Heskey's missus was as thick as a plank and Djibril Cisse's miuss was a be-atch.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    looks like I will be eating my word and sunderland may end up being one of his only options, let me be the first to admit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Our Stephen had a major bust-up after being replaced by Mancini yesterday. Supposedly been excluded from the squad for the new season.
    Always look on the bright side of life

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Looks like he's on his way out of Citeh.
    Dare say he won't be going to Wolves....

Seriously though, maybe the clown will learn a little humility and consider being available to play for Ireland again.
    Though he has to earn a place and/or apologise.
    Even he did both and begged to play, doubtful Trap would consider him.
    So looks like he and Andy Reid have wait for the next mamnager, unless Trap. loosens his stance.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    At least get the facts right drummer boy it was after the lisbon game, and he started him in the next game. Wudnt really call it a bust up at all considering he pledged to fight for his place after he was told he wasnt cutting it on the official site

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    At least get the facts right drummer boy it was after the lisbon game, and he started him in the next game. Wudnt really call it a bust up at all considering he pledged to fight for his place after he was told he wasnt cutting it on the official site
    So Stephen when are you going to declare your availability for Ireland again now that your career has peaked and you're on the slippery slope to obscurity?

Who knows it should get you more attention than playing for the likes of Blackpool or Wolves and let's be honest isn't that what you crave most of all anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Even he did both and begged to play, doubtful Trap would consider him.
    So looks like he and Andy Reid have wait for the next mamnager, unless Trap. loosens his stance.
    If Ireland goes to a smaller club, he may be asked to play as a winger, or just off a lone striker. If he performs well there, I'd expect Trapattoni could make use of a player like that. Whether he'd be willing to select him after all the nonsense that's gone on is another matter.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    So Stephen when are you going to declare your availability for Ireland again now that your career has peaked and you're on the slippery slope to obscurity?

Who knows it should get you more attention than playing for the likes of Blackpool or Wolves and let's be honest isn't that what you crave most of all anyway?
    Should of known better then to come on here and expect a sensible debate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    look ManBlue, he is obviously a talented player but the reason only Sunderland are willing to take a chance on him is because he is a complete chav, liar and narcissist. We can debate sensibly on his talents, sure, but not his personality.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    He does seem to have problems with football managers which is an unfortunate condition for a professional footballer.

Has he worked out that at "most clubs and International teams" that it is the manager that picks the teams and the tactics.

Its beginning to look like he will have to buy a club and manage himself !

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I wonder how long he'd last working with a difficult character like himself. He'd be slagging himself off in the press by Christmas.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I wonder how long he'd last working with a difficult character like himself. He'd be slagging himself off in the press by Christmas.
    Roy Keane would be the manager for him. Their press conferences would be better than the football matches !

17. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    He does seem to have problems with football managers which is an unfortunate condition for a professional footballer.

Has he worked out that at "most clubs and International teams" that it is the manager that picks the teams and the tactics.

Its beginning to look like he will have to buy a club and manage himself !
    Out of interest just which managers are you referring to because as far as I can remember he never had a problem with pearce, staunton or hughes, sven he merely said lost the dressing room after he left i would not call this a problem and mancini is the only problem i can think of. Not that im saying its entirely mancinis fault for one minute.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Certainly question marks over his relationships with Brian Kerr, Steve Staunton. Trapatoni (not playing for them)

Now with Mancini (latest bust up and Mancini saying he needed to sort his head)

Put the boot into Mark Hughes after Hughes got sacked (for a guy that does not do a whole lot of tackling he did not mind putting the boot into Hughes when he was down)

A lot of players do not have that much difficulty with managers after very long playing careers but Stephen is building up a long résumé of managers being at fault in his so far short career.

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Certainly question marks over his relationships with Brian Kerr, Steve Staunton. Trapatoni (not playing for them)

Now with Mancini (latest bust up and Mancini saying he needed to sort his head)

Put the boot into Mark Hughes after Hughes got sacked (for a guy that does not do a whole lot of tackling he did not mind putting the boot into Hughes when he was down)

A lot of players do not have that much difficulty with managers after very long playing careers but Stephen is building up a long résumé of managers being at fault in his so far short career.
    I agree he did have a problem with Kerr, outside of this his problem was certainly not with staunton or trapatoni, your confusing this with not making himself available to play, completely different then problem with management

Regarding hughes i seriously suggest you watch the bbc interview this was misquoted from, compare it to the article and see how far from the mark they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    He did come out and pretty much attack trap. Remember that interviewing where he was blowing smoke about trap going off on phonecalls and stuff?